PDA

View Full Version : what the fudge happened to new factory rear tires?

Motorhead350
07-28-2005, 07:44 PM
I need a new set again and no one has them. The front tires are around, but no one has the rears! I tried Tire Rack, Tire Barn, Discount Tire and even the dealer. All on back order. Anyone know whats going on or where I can find the factory replacements?

MI2QWK4U
07-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Does anyone remember what a good price for a rear stock bfg tire was?

MarauderMark
07-28-2005, 08:12 PM
Does anyone remember what a good price for a rear stock bfg tire was?

I got the 2 fronts from tire rack at about $81.00 and the rears at $115.That was when the fronts were having a sale..

MENINBLK
07-28-2005, 09:40 PM
I need a new set again and no one has them. The front tires are around, but no one has the rears! I tried Tire Rack, Tire Barn, Discount Tire and even the dealer. All on back order. Anyone know whats going on or where I can find the factory replacements?

Well if you would hang around here and READ some of the messages,
you would have seen the BIG POST we had about getting BFGoodrich's attention...
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19678

Here is our post in the BFGoodrich Forum (http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgapp/servlet/Controller/site.forums.LoadMessages?discu ssion_id=.1dcedb91&topic_id=.1dce8370)

So hang tight !!!
The Tires are on their way, and they smell SO FRESH !!!!!

Motorhead350
07-28-2005, 10:01 PM
great sorry the news is new to me and I haven't been on the internet in a while, let alone this site.

STLR FN
07-28-2005, 10:54 PM
motorhead350, try Sears... I know I know... The one here in Westland, Mi was able to get 4 rears from a wharehouse here in Mi in 3 days. The only drawback 168 a tire but they will price match.

Motorhead350
07-28-2005, 11:04 PM
ok I'll call them tomorrow thank you.

Marauderjack
07-29-2005, 03:15 AM
I continue to wonder why Ford had the bright idea to limit us to one tire vendor and such a crappy rear tire....from a wear point of view??? :confused:

Put the rears out back and buy a smaller version for the front.....someone can "recal" your speedo and ...VOILA....problem solved plus more low end grunt with smaller rears!!!! :beer: That's what I plan to do after my 3rd set of rears go away.....10K on them now and the centers are well over half gone!!! :mad2:

I have contemplated going to CV Sport wheels and then the tire selection becomes very well populated!! Only thing is the OEM appearance of the car....but I could always go back to OEM wheels if I sell it?? :rolleyes:

BTW: You can get a complete set of CV Sport wheels for less than the price of ONE MM wheel!!?? :(

Marauderjack :bs: :censor:

LordVader
07-29-2005, 06:16 AM
MotorHead I saw two tires for sale on "EBAY" for I think $239 for the buy now price.

wchain
07-29-2005, 06:20 AM
MotorHead I saw two tires for sale on "EBAY" for I think $239 for the buy now price.
That was the same guy that didnt have them, he was screwing people, 'buy it now and we'll ship later' type deal.

marauderboi
07-29-2005, 06:32 AM
My dad just bought cooper zeon est tire from kauffman tire they are really nice and they last a lot longer my dad will post pics soon

wchain
07-29-2005, 06:41 AM
My dad just bought cooper zeon est tire from kauffman tire they are really nice and they last a lot longer my dad will post pics soon

XST or EST? I havent seen the ESTs yet, but the XSTs look nice and they come in 255/55R18 Flavor. I'm going to do Falkens next time, but at the rate I drive the MM, the factory tires will last another 3 years, unless they dry rot out first.

marauderboi
07-29-2005, 07:48 AM
XST or EST? I havent seen the ESTs yet, but the XSTs look nice and they come in 255/55R18 Flavor. I'm going to do Falkens next time, but at the rate I drive the MM, the factory tires will last another 3 years, unless they dry rot out first.sorry they are EST they grip alot better and the seller said the rain traction is a lot better they are very nice

Jbojo
07-29-2005, 08:35 AM
Talked to a BF Goodrich Customer Service Rep this morning 7/29/05. Supposedly the rear tires 245/55 ZR18s are now in production and should be available the 2nd week in August 2005. :rolleyes:

JBOJO

pops Glancy
07-30-2005, 08:14 AM
I am in the same boat I need another set of fronts and rears I have called all over the country and no one has the rears They are on national backorder with no build date. I even tried to call BF Goodrich and they could not give me an answer. I talked to a rep at tire rack and he gave me an alt tire to use from Perilli the are P-zeros rear size is 255-55-18 he said I was looking at 1/16 on an inch difference in dia. they carry the correct front tire size the go for $172.00 each.

Pops Glancy

67435animal
07-30-2005, 12:36 PM

The Cooper website does not list a ZEON ESP. Please check again with your Dad and let us know what they are. The Coopers sound interesting because they say that they have added additional rubber where the tire wears the most, in the center.

Thanks!! We have Kaufmann's down this way but I did not know that they sell Cooper Tires.

marauderboi
07-30-2005, 01:26 PM
The Cooper website does not list a ZEON ESP. Please check again with your Dad and let us know what they are. The Coopers sound interesting because they say that they have added additional rubber where the tire wears the most, in the center.

Thanks!! We have Kaufmann's down this way but I did not know that they sell Cooper Tires.they are Cooper XST and yes they are very meaty

marauderboi
07-30-2005, 01:29 PM
here is the link to the zeon xst http://coopertire.com/us/en/ProductDetails.asp?ProdType=SU V&id=229

67435animal
07-30-2005, 01:38 PM
here is the link to the zeon xst http://coopertire.com/us/en/ProductDetails.asp?ProdType=SU V&id=229

Only one problem! They make a size that will fit the rears but I don't see one for the fronts. I'll keep looking. Thank you.