PDA

View Full Version : Control arm and swaybar installs

SouLRioT
07-30-2005, 07:26 PM
Today Ghost03 and I went over to Shakes_26's house to install some parts. First off, for the non-SSM guys that havent met Shakes yet, he is a stand up guy that also has a great garage. If you need it, he more than likely has it in his tool boxes or wall. That being said, Ghost needed front and rear Addco swaybars installed, while I needed an addco front swaybar and Metco control arms installed. I'll let Ghost post more about his install, but mine went together well, except for some stuborn dust boots. Making a long story short, when I was ready to do a test drive, the car felt great but I was hearing a noise from the front passenger's side. So I brought the car back, Shakes tightend some stuff, and went back out and after a little bit the noise came back. Then I realized I had the ashtrey in the glove box. So, I'll be the first one to call myself a dumbass for that. Once that was figured out I really got on it to feel the differance, and all I can say is wow. I can't wait to have my WATTS link installed. Once again, thanks Shakes you've got some skills.

shakes_26
07-30-2005, 08:02 PM
No problemo Bill, and may I say, Grasshopper, you have learned well, next time you will be handling the tools, this your destiny is.

Yeah nice freak out job on me Bill! Your welcome back...but not for the Watts link, me no do Watts link. To mucho ft-lbs required.

RoyLPita
07-31-2005, 06:27 AM
Bill, I'll hodk that one up for you. I'll just need the the factory parts and control arms as payment.

ghost03
07-31-2005, 09:13 AM
NOw that mt front/rear swaybars are installed it makes a big difference. Next is the control arms and eventually watts link. I had a hell of a time getting down and dirty under the car...but not as dirty as shakes26. You are the man indeed...You are the Bob Vila of Garage Tools, and they are in perfect order. Nothing seems out of place....when i get my new home with my 3 car garage i know exactly who im going to call to help me arrange it. Mark Thanks you very much for your assistance and letting us use your garage for the install....:bows:

Cobra25
08-02-2005, 12:43 PM
Shakes26 aka Mark is a good guy , we are lucky to have people like him in our Group. Glad to see everything worked out well.