PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy #1 Sets New World Speed Record at Joliet

Jerry Barnes
07-31-2005, 02:58 PM
O.K. Folks,

Mike Z. just piloted Trilogy #1 to a New World Record of 11.215 ET at 121 MPH. Great Job Mike!!!!! With cool air, this car will be in the 10's by the fall.

I want to thank Slim and Mike for coming to the track and taking over the task of running the Trilogy #1 car and the new Supercharged F150. Also, once again to my friend Lidio a big thanks for doing a great job of preparing the car and truck.

Good friends, good experiences and fast times at Joilet! Life don't get any better!!

I will let Mike and Slim update you on the rest of the details.

Jerry

Rick-n-Miami
07-31-2005, 03:23 PM
Very impressive! Keep up the good work!

BillyGman
07-31-2005, 03:28 PM
I want to thank Slim and Mike for coming to the track and taking over the task of running the Trilogy #1 car and the new Supercharged F150. Jerry Yeah, I feel real sorry for Mike having to put-up with such a demeaning and laborious task of driving that Lightning quick Trilogized Marauder of yours.......... poor guy......what a trooper. :D (nice going guys).

martyo
07-31-2005, 03:55 PM
I sure have a lot of weight to lose and gas to breath before I get to Bristol next weekend.

Congrats Jerry and crew!

How did you get them to let you make that pass without a cage?

Rider90
07-31-2005, 04:19 PM
Very cool! Congrats Jerry, that is one fast MM :cool4:

BillyGman
07-31-2005, 04:27 PM
How did you get them to let you make that pass without a cage?Now there's a good question. Maybe that's why Jerry had Mike drive the car so that the tech inspectors wouldn't remember Jerry's low 11 second run the last time out. My understanding is that they will let you run if you happen to run w/out a roll cage below the 11.5 threshold one time, but if you do it a second time, you're off the track. But ofcourse if you plan to sneak in a sub 11.5 second run w/out a roll cage, then you're obviously not going to be winning any bracket racing since you'll also have to dial-in at 11.5 seconds or higher. Therefore you'll be breaking out for your sub 11.5 second run, and it would likely then be best if you shut it down and kept it in the parking lot for the rest of the day anyway to avoid geting kicked off the track for running below 11.5 w/out the cage.

RoyLPita
07-31-2005, 04:27 PM
Nice. As always, keep up the good work.

maraudernkc
07-31-2005, 04:40 PM
Those are some awesome numbers. A job well done.

Congrats to all involved! :burnout:

jgc61sr2002
07-31-2005, 04:45 PM
Congrats. :D :up: Way to go.

Tallboy
07-31-2005, 06:32 PM
You 'da man, Mike!!!:bows:

MikesMerc
07-31-2005, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I feel real sorry for Mike having to put-up with such a demeaning and laborious task of driving that Lightning quick Trilogized Marauder of yours.......... poor guy......what a trooper. :D

Although it was indeed a pleasure to race #1 down the track for Jerry, there was just a little more to it than that:). We're talking about burning a day's vacation on Friday, driving 5 hours to get there, unloading and setting everything up in the pits (with the trailer, 2 trucks, and the car), prepping the vehicles and getting them regsitered and tech'd, manning our pit location when not racing to answer questions and hand out materials for dozens of interested people, trying to stay cool in the incessant heat, being attentive to the timing tower all day so as not to miss our class call to the staging lanes, driving a 600+ HP car in competition setting to its best time, packing everything back up on the trailers and cleaing up the pit area, driving 5 hours back home, and being away from home and my familiy for 3 days.

Other than that...it was cake:D

And, even then, with all the work involved, I'd do it again for Jerry in a heart beat. That's what friends do for each other!

How did you get them to let you make that pass without a cage?

Simple. At tech we told them we thought the car would run high 11s. One look at the car and they didn't think it would go any faster:D

Now there's a good question. Maybe that's why Jerry had Mike drive the car so that the tech inspectors wouldn't remember Jerry's low 11 second run the last time out.

Nope, that's not it at all. Like I said, we just told them at tech we were planning on high 11s.

BTW, Jerry had me pilot there because he could not be there. He had a prior commitment at home and did not want to miss out on having the car at such a great event. That and the fact that Jerry knows that I've been down the track a few times in my life and had a good shot at running the car hard.

My understanding is that they will let you run if you happen to run w/out a roll cage below the 11.5 threshold one time, but if you do it a second time, you're off the track.

That's not how it works in reality. When tech sees a 4000lb barge, they are not too concerned. Of my 5 passes on the weekend, 4 were under 11.5. 1 was in test n tune on Friday, 2 of them were in Mod Motor class Heads Up qualifying on Saturday, and 1 was in Mod Motor Heads Up eliminations on Sunday. Each time the tower announcer made a big deal about the Marauder's performance. We had the only one there. And it was also well noted on the PA system that we were running in the low 11s. The announcer gushed over it every time out. The crowd that visited our pit area knew it too.

The bottom line is that once you are tech'd, they seldom come after you. The crowd was really enjoying the show and no one cared.

But ofcourse if you plan to sneak in a sub 11.5 second run w/out a roll cage, then you're obviously not going to be winning any bracket racing since you'll also have to dial-in at 11.5 seconds or higher.

We don't bracket. Heads Up Open Comp by class on the Pro Tree is what I like. Even so, you dial your car after tech, so it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

I hope that answers the roll bar questions:)

Thanks for the kudos guys. Although it may not seem like it, there is a liitle more to pedaling that beast down the track than just "making a run." The proper car prep, staging lane ritual, solid burn out, lining up "in the groove", and launch are important. Not to mention this was done in front of hundreds of people in a Heads Up Open Comp situation. I'm not saying it was brain surgery. But it was a heack of a lot more difficult than test n tune or simple bracket racing.

Anways, I'm sure the car will go faster as the temps get cooler this fall. So keep your eyes open for new record runs:)

martyo
07-31-2005, 07:02 PM
MartyO is changing the pills and jets in his car while I type this.

- Signed Terri

MikesMerc
07-31-2005, 07:05 PM
MartyO is changing the pills and jets in his car while I type this.

- Signed Terri

LOL:D :2thumbs:

sailsmen
07-31-2005, 07:13 PM
Great run. :banana2:

Bracketing racing is all driver!

Donna
07-31-2005, 07:18 PM
Way to go guys :banana: . You did great and a big CONGRATS :D

BillyGman
07-31-2005, 07:33 PM
Mike,thanks for the explanation. I luv hearing about this stuff! In any event I knew that you must have told the tech inspectors that you expected to run slower than 11.5. Otherwise they wouldn't have allowed you on the track. However, I didn't realize that once you got past the inspection, you can run as fast as you want w/out a roll cage, and nobody would bother you. I'm surprised to hear that, but that sounds pretty cool to me. I guess it's like you said, it being a big heavy full frame sedan and all, perhaps they aren't too worried about your safety being jeopardized. Whereas if you had a feather light uni-body car or the like, then perhaps they would've been scrutinizing the car more.

BTW, what type of cars did you go up against? You must have shocked many of them who drove them which were in the lane on side of yours. That's how it was with my car the last two times out. A few of the other drivers running cars with slicks and roll cages (some of which I beat their ET's) commented on how surprised they were to see my car was running that fast,and they questioned me as to how I got it to move like it does. And if that's the case with a low 12 second Marauder, then I'm sure that it was with a low 11 second one. Did you use drag radials or slicks?

martyo
07-31-2005, 07:38 PM
LOL:D :2thumbs:

MartyO just yelled up from the garage and said something that began in "F and ended in "uck" and I am sure it wasn't Fire Truck. He appears stuff out of the car. Wait, he wants to know how big a jet he can run with the solenoid he is running.

-Signed Terri

MikesMerc
07-31-2005, 07:45 PM
I guess it's like you said, it being a big heavy full frame sedan and all, perhaps they aren't too worried about your safety being jeopardized. Whereas if you had a feather light uni-body car or the like, then perhaps they would've been scrutinizing the car more.

I do think that has a lot to due with it. The Marauder is a tank. That and the fact that we didn't beat the 11.5 by too much. If someone went 9s in a car that didn't look tech'd for that speed, I'm sure they would be stopped and retired for the duration of the event.

BTW, what type of cars did you go up against?

Since it was an NMRA event, and we chose Mod Motor class, it was mostly mustangs. Some mild, some wild. The fastest was a blown 98 mustang that ran consistent 11.6s.

What was really funny was my elimination run today. They placed me next to a NA but nicely prepped 99 mustang. It was gutted with slicks and skinnies. Trans brake. Fiberglass hood. The works.

In eliminations its almost like bracket racing...the slower car gets a handicap and there are break out times. Anyways, everyone in the stands was sure I'd leave first and have this wild looking stang run me down. Ha ha...just the opposite. The stangs dial in was a 12.73 so he had a 1.5 sec head start on my 11.29 dial in and I had to run him down:D

Anyways, he killed me on the Pro Comp tree with a reaction of .142 to my sleepy .327. I ran him down nose to nose at the beam but he one the round by about a foot. Didn't matter though as I broke out with the 11.21 run anyway.

Did you use drag radials or slicks?

Nitto drag radials. They worked excellent on that super prepped Route 66 track. I 60ft'd a 1.604 on that last run. Man I LUV that track!!!!!!!!!!

BillyGman
07-31-2005, 07:55 PM
Cool story, and nice runs Mike. I like the Nittos too, since I also acheive consistent 1.6 second 60' times with them as long as I take em down to around 20 PSI, and I get my burnout into second gear. ofcourse between the Trilogy #1 car and mine, the comparisants would be over with by the 330' mark considering my 4.9 second 330' to the T1's 4.5's, and I know that it would be all downhill from there. Thanks for sharing.

Bradley G
07-31-2005, 08:14 PM
Not as easy as it looks.Temps mid 90*'s 100+ humidity index, hours and hours of prep and travel.
Wearing several hats along the way.
Feeling fortunate to have witnessed both record breaking runs.
Also being included in the Mayhem.
Great efforts/sacrifices were made by this group, as well as achievements.
Unfortunately the Home town group, was a little light in numbers.
Jerry, Mike Z. ,Big Slim,... Very proud of you guys!
Glad to call you my friends!:banana2:

MikesMerc
07-31-2005, 08:25 PM
I want to mention one other VERY important part about the trip. And that was Daryl's hard work and great results as well. His record 14.7 run in the truck was simply sweet. Daryl turned solid times all weekend, worked the crowd (especially the lady's ;) ), and kept the truck lookin pimpin' to boot! He was also the numero uno pit man and was a huge factor in the success of the weekend. It wouldn't have been done without him :beer:

MikesMerc
07-31-2005, 08:37 PM

Same here buddy! :beer:

It was a pleasure (as always) to hang out with you. It was also a great to meet all the new guys. Your son is a nice young man I might add.

Good times indeed!!

And don't worry about who showed up. It's quality over quantity any day and I enjoyed meeting everyone! And, that said, everyone is always welcome to hang with us any time. You tend to find understanding and friendships in person. Good times follow !! That's why opportunities should be capitalzed on. I appreciate you guys coming out and I'm glad everyone had a good time.

See you soon.

bigslim
07-31-2005, 09:57 PM
I want to mention one other VERY important part about the trip. And that was Daryl's hard work and great results as well. His record 14.7 run in the truck was simply sweet. Daryl turned solid times all weekend, worked the crowd (especially the lady's ;) ), and kept the truck lookin pimpin' to boot! He was also the numero uno pit man and was a huge factor in the success of the weekend. It wouldn't have been done without him :beer:
Thanks buddy. It was a pleasure working with you. We make a pretty good team. I must say it again, "I LOVE THAT TRUCK". I will say that if anything happens to my MM I could live with a truck pimped out like that. The funnest thing was on the way to the track a guy in a Hemi Ram was trying to leave me. He couldn't. When I finally got next to him and hit it and he heard the blower he had this priceless look on his face. The hardest part of the whole was piloting Jerry's big Dodge Ram with that big trailer. Driving Jerry's babies home was something I would not like to do everyday. Anyway, it was a great time and to tell the truth I would drive it again to have another great time.

bigslim
07-31-2005, 10:00 PM
Not as easy as it looks.Temps mid 90*'s 100+ humidity index, hours and hours of prep and travel.
Wearing several hats along the way.
Feeling fortunate to have witnessed both record breaking runs.
Also being included in the Mayhem.
Brad, thanks for coming out. Always great to see you. Thank you for introducing us to some of the other Chicago guys. Chris, thank you for coming out. Hope you can make it to Woodward. Also SVT-GUY, enjoyed spending the day with you. Please convince the wife about Wooward. Hope to see you all really soon.

03marauder
08-01-2005, 05:12 AM
I'll finally chime in here. It was a great weekend, Friday night hanging out and then Sunday watching the races. The track is very nice, never been there myself. It was nice to meet everyone that came down from Michigan: Mike, Daryl, Jerry and Lidio. Great experience seeing that car make its way down the track. It was nice to see the Mustangs take off from the line and watch the Marauder chase it down.

svtguy
08-01-2005, 06:44 AM
Brad, thanks for coming out. Always great to see you. Thank you for introducing us to some of the other Chicago guys. Chris, thank you for coming out. Hope you can make it to Woodward. Also SVT-GUY, enjoyed spending the day with you. Please convince the wife about Wooward. Hope to see you all really soon.Hey, congrats on the record time. I see that your commitment on Sunday really paid off. Way to be dedicated to the MM cause. And the pleasure of meeting you, Mike and Lidio was mine. And I'm still working on a plan to get out to Woodward, we'll see.

While several of us were able to come out to the track at different points during the weekend, I wish it would have been coordinated better so that we might have all been around at the same times, same days, and such. Kind of like one of the regular WC meets we put together, which are always a good time. In any case, I had a great time. It was the first time I've even been to a track, unless I count the vague memory of my father taking me when I was very young. It won't be the last though. And who knows, I might even make a few runs next time.

Jerry Barnes
08-01-2005, 07:13 AM

Mike,

I completely agree!!!!! I didn't want to toot our horn about the F150 on this forum, but Darryl did an outstanding job!!!!!! Can't wait until we do it again!!!!

Jerry

prchrman
08-01-2005, 07:26 AM
O.K. Folks,

Mike Z. just piloted Trilogy #1 to a New World Record of 11.215 ET at 121 MPH. Great Job Mike!!!!! With cool air, this car will be in the 10's by the fall.

Jerry

It will be cool in Atlanta in Nov at SSHS5...would be nice to see ya there...willie

bigslim
08-01-2005, 08:18 AM
It will be cool in Atlanta in Nov at SSHS5...would be nice to see ya there...willie
Hey Jerry, sounds like another road trip!!!!! :banana:

MikesMerc
08-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Hey Jerry, sounds like another road trip!!!!! :banana:

Did someone say roadtrip!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hack Goby
08-01-2005, 02:18 PM
I have already talked to Jerry about this as I plan on going. :D :burnout:

bigslim
08-01-2005, 09:29 PM
I have already talked to Jerry about this as I plan on going. :D :burnout:
Alright, someone to keep me and Mike in line. :P

MI2QWK4U
08-01-2005, 09:48 PM
Alright, someone to keep me and Mike in line. :P

Who is going to keep me in line then?

bigslim
08-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Who is going to keep me in line then?
Don't make me get my belt. :rolleyes:

bigslim
08-01-2005, 10:50 PM
My buddy Mike at the line.

bigslim
08-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Can't wait to see what this does once Jerry works his magic. His next project car. I love those wheels. Those are 20 inchers.

bigslim
08-01-2005, 10:59 PM
This is what can happen when a race goes bad. I heard that they weren't sure how the chutes opened or not opened.

bigslim
08-01-2005, 11:00 PM
This was the rest of car being hauled off the track.

BillyGman
08-01-2005, 11:03 PM
Can't wait to see what this does once Jerry works his magic. His next project car. I love those wheels. Those are 20 inchers.Beautiful car, and it's also in my favorite color too, but I like the wheels on Lidio's GT better (which are also 20").....

BillyGman
08-01-2005, 11:08 PM
BTW, I think that it would be real interesting if Jerry gets his Eaton S/Cer on his, and races against Lidio with his 2005 GT having the Vortech S/Cer on it, because Lidio will be tuning the engines of both cars.

Donna
08-02-2005, 01:06 PM
Hey Slim...
thanks for sharing all the pics you posted :) . Nice pics of Mike at the line. I sure hope the person driving the car is these pics was not seriously hurt:(

Donna

This is what can happen when a race goes bad. I heard that they weren't sure how the chutes opened or not opened.

Renata
08-02-2005, 01:41 PM
And here are some pictures of Mike and Slim and the cars as well....

Renata

O.K. Folks,

I want to thank Slim and Mike for coming to the track and taking over the task of running the Trilogy #1 car and the new Supercharged F150. Also, once again to my friend Lidio a big thanks for doing a great job of preparing the car and truck.

Good friends, good experiences and fast times at Joilet! Life don't get any better!!

I will let Mike and Slim update you on the rest of the details.

Jerry

Mad4Macs
08-02-2005, 02:58 PM
I sure have a lot of weight to lose and gas to breath before I get to Bristol next weekend.

T.M.I :puke:

Of course, ya'll knew he was talking about the car, right?

:D

BillyGman
08-03-2005, 01:47 AM
T.M.I :puke:

Of course, ya'll knew he was talking about the car, right?

:DLOL!!! Good one.....

Bradley G
08-03-2005, 03:57 AM
I sure hope the person driving the car is these pics was not seriously hurt:(
[Qoute]

03marauder(Kris) and I were pulling in to the facility, when the rescue team was exiting.
The reports claimed, both drivers were not injured seriously.:banana:

As far as Lidio and his '05 Stang racing Jerry Barnes' in his '05 Stang, Lidio claimed he is not going to keep the Vortec.
He claimed the Stang is a bit Pokey, from a dead dig( sound familar?)
When Jerrys' new Mustang kit is completed, Thier will be a Eaton in it's place.

MikesMerc
08-03-2005, 02:55 PM
As far as Lidio and his '05 Stang racing Jerry Barnes' in his '05 Stang, Lidio claimed he is not going to keep the Vortec.
He claimed the Stang is a bit Pokey, from a dead dig( sound familar?)
When Jerrys' new Mustang kit is completed, Thier will be a Eaton in it's place.

Yep, Lidio is dying to get a postive displacement blower on his Mustang. Once you've gotten used to having lots of boost at the crack of the throttle, and the resulting BIG torque numbers in the low to mid rpm range, its hard to settle for the soft low end of a centrifugal blower.

Hack Goby
08-03-2005, 03:00 PM
zing!!!!!!!!!

MikesMerc
08-03-2005, 03:53 PM
LOL...I'm only repeating what he said :)

BillyGman
08-03-2005, 08:44 PM
Yep, Lidio is dying to get a postive displacement blower on his Mustang. Once you've gotten used to having lots of boost at the crack of the throttle, and the resulting BIG torque numbers in the low to mid rpm range, its hard to settle for the soft low end of a centrifugal blower.OOOOPS!! Well Mike, as controversial as your comments about that may be, I think that's quite a statement on your part seeing is how you also had a centrifugal supercharged car yourself too. Therefore, just like Lidio, you are one of those among us who have had both centrifugal supercharged as well as roots type supercharged cars.

stevengerard
08-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Wow, great numbers, I wanted to be there but I was out of town on business THursday to Saturday morning, after that its hard to say "I'm going to the race track. I'll see you guys at woodward.

BillyGman
08-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Wow, great numbers, .......... after that its hard to say "I'm going to the race track. I don't think that it should be hard for you to say that, because I'm sure that your Marauder will also be turning some serious ET's just as long you go with a pair of drag radials on the back. Not everyone can be the fastest, but that doesn't mean that our Marauders that are in the 12 second bracket aren't suprisingly quick either. Especially if our cars are truely and routinely for street driving.

I'm sure that most of the 11 second second Marauders (if not ALL of them) are running 100+ octane race gas, as well as various other preparations being taken that are strictly for the dragstrip. I don't dispute the extreme and impressive HP and TQ #'s those 11 second Marauders are puting down, but how many people are going to run race gas on the street on a regular basis? Again, I'm not knocking anyone's car, nor attempting to discredit anyone or their accomplishments on the track. I'm merely saying that it all has to be taken into perspective, and how each car is used, and what it's main purpous is (general transportation, weekend cruiser, or track devoted) has to be taken into consideration.

In light of that, I for one consider a 12 second daily driven 4,200 LB car running on pump gas alone to be just as much an accomplishment as an 11 second dragstrip bruiser tuned for, and run on 100+ octane fuel.

Jerry Barnes
08-04-2005, 10:58 AM
I don't think that it should be hard for you to say that, because I'm sure that your Marauder will also be turning some serious ET's just as long you go with a pair of drag radials on the back. Not everyone can be the fastest, but that doesn't mean that our Marauders that are in the 12 second bracket aren't suprisingly quick either. Especially if our cars are truely and routinely for street driving.

I'm sure that most of the 11 second second Marauders (if not ALL of them) are running 100+ octane race gas, as well as various other preparations being taken that are strictly for the dragstrip. I don't dispute the extreme and impressive HP and TQ #'s those 11 second Marauders are puting down, but how many people are going to run race gas on the street on a regular basis? Again, I'm not knocking anyone's car, nor attempting to discredit anyone or their accomplishments on the track. I'm merely saying that it all has to be taken into perspective, and how each car is used, and what it's main purpous is (general transportation, weekend cruiser, or track devoted) has to be taken into consideration.

In light of that, I for one consider a 12 second daily driven 4,200 LB car running on pump gas alone to be just as much an accomplishment as an 11 second dragstrip bruiser tuned for, and run on 100+ octane fuel.

Billy,

I could not agree more with your statement. When we started this project our main objectives were the following :

1. Build a product that would provide great acceleration from a stop.
2. Build a very reliable product.
3. Offer a product that is as cost effective as we could make it.
4. Offer a product that has a great cost/performance ratio for the everyday person.

These were simple goals, that I think we have achieved. But, I would not have personally gotten involved in the drag racing scene if it had not been for a few people questioning our credibility. I would have left the drag racing to professionals like Lidio and would have been content to observe from the sidelines, but there were a few people that questioned our ability to provide a good, fast, high quality kit.

I just want everyone to know that I drive our Trilogy #2 car as an everyday driver. It only has the supercharger kit on it and the rest is pretty much stock except for the body kit. It has a stock trans, 3:55 gears, stock exhaust, etc. I prefer this car over Trilogy #1 because it has better driveability, runs on just premium gas, and occasionally kicks butt on some unsuspecting Corvettes. So my point is you don't have to go to extremes to have fun and pick the kids up from school.

Trilogy #1 is an experiment. And it has served to calm the waters as it relates to claims about our performance capabilities. You know, mine is bigger then yours, Oh no its not! O.K. show me!!! But the bottom line is that I never intended to raise Trilogy #1 to the level of performance that it currently is at. I never intended to spend the level of money that I have spent on this car. And as someone else has pointed out several times, I do not do my own wrenching, so it's a little more expensive to have a professional like Lidio do the work. I am sorry, but I am busy being a lowly CEO and Consultant for a couple of major OEM's.

My point is, a supercharged Marauder is all that is necessary if you want big performance out of a big 4 door sedan. I am perfectly content with that set up. But, like it or not we will need to go to the track and prove for each product we produce that we can run with the big dogs and not simply sit on the porch.

But I will tell you, If I have heard it once, I have heard it a thousand times from customers, "The Supercharger is the only mod I am making to my car". Ask Lidio how much business he gets from my pals(i.e. Mike, Dave, etc., etc.) that are back for their next fix of speed. And now, me too!!

So my advice is, "You don't need to go to the track to be the fastest", are you enjoying the car and have you met a whole bunch of great people that have now become close friends? The answer is, Yes!!

Do you need to Supercharge your car? The answer is : No!! And other Supercharged Marauder owners will not look down on you, and you will not get excluded from any Marauder Get-Togethers, and you will still meet the same great people.

It's all about choice and everyone is going to do what they want with their cars, that's what makes a Marauder(mostly Black) different.

"Save your money", Enjoy your car and your new friends!!

Sincerely,

Jerry

BillyGman
08-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Yep, and I totally agree with what you stated also Jerry. I pretty much knew that's how you felt about this whole thing, so I knew that you wouldn't have any problem with the opinions I voiced in my previous post. Thanks for your reply though.

RF Overlord
08-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Bravo, Jerry! Well said!

I hope we can (finally) put to rest this ridiculous pissing contest...

ALL supercharged Marauders are awesome...ALL of them.

My car is the best car on the road...for me. YOUR car is the best car on the road for YOU. Both of us are right...

...and I don't care if your blower makes more power than my blower, I still like MY car better, because it's MINE.

And most importantly IT ISN'T ABOUT THE CAR, IT'S ABOUT THE PEOPLE, people. I can't speak for Bunny, but when I go to a meet, I don't give a HOOT about the car (well, I DO, but I'm making a point here)...I care about having a good time with my new FRIENDS...the car is just the catalyst that brought us together...and I cherish each and every one of my new Marauder friends equally....

Please, for the love of God, can we put this behind us and just be happy that we were all lucky enough to find this car and be able to enjoy it...S/C, N/A, it's ALL good.

Bradley G
08-04-2005, 12:37 PM
I agree with the lowly CEO.

He has done a magnificent

job Enginering/ Producing this product.:bows:
I can hardly wait to infect & or amuse some people myself.:burnout:

MikesMerc
08-04-2005, 01:54 PM
OOOOPS!! Well Mike, as controversial as your comments about that may be, I think that's quite a statement on your part seeing is how you also had a centrifugal supercharged car yourself too. Therefore, just like Lidio, you are one of those among us who have had both centrifugal supercharged as well as roots type supercharged cars.

Yep, I have drank from both wells and I have made my choices accordingly. I have selected the SC (and other mods) that best meet my personal objectives with the car. I have no doubt that different choices will be made by different individuals who have different objectives and different tastes. Variety is indeed the spice of life.

I suppose my comment only illustrates that Lidio and I share the same objectives and tastes :)

It's all about choice and everyone is going to do what they want with their cars, that's what makes a Marauder(mostly Black) different.

Well said, Jerry. Good save! ....another flame thread disaster avoided. I need to be more "careful" about my comments:D

stevengerard
08-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Wow, great numbers, I wanted to be there but I was out of town on business THursday to Saturday morning, after that its hard to say "I'm going to the race track. I'll see you guys at woodward.

OK clarification needed. Although I agree with both Billy and Jerry, getting my butt whipped by jerry's car is not the reason I didn't go. It was because after being gone from my family for three nights if I had told my wife "good morning I'm going drag racing" on Saturday I wouldn't have a Butt left to be whipped - and rigfhtfully so

My world is
#1 My family
#2 My business
#3 My cars

unfortunately there is a huge difference between #2 and #3 much too much work.

stevengerard
08-04-2005, 02:49 PM
I have selected the SC (and other mods) that best meet my personal objectives with the car. I have no doubt that different choices will be made by different individuals who have different objectives and different tastes. Variety is indeed the spice of life.

Yeah, most days I now have the urge for the juice, yet some days I wish all I had was the 4.10s or just a S/C. I am actually very happy with my car and am more than fine not being the fastest. But I think it’s natural to try to squeeze more out of it.

I actually call my car "stupid fast" and it’s far from the fastest on this list. I think it’s hilarious that we have barges that look this bad and go this fast. And it is the perfect car to double as a business/family car. A little loud but definitely lets people now its different.