PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy #3(Slim) Sets New World Speed Record at Joliet

Jerry Barnes
08-01-2005, 06:57 AM
O.K. Folks,

Slim just piloted Trilogy #3 to a New World Record of 14.72 ET. Great Job Slim!!!!!

I know this is a Marauder Forum and I did not want to violate the purpose of this forum, but I REALLY NEED TO THANK SLIM(aka Darryl) for achieving another major milestone with our vehicles and that is, what appears to be, the fastest pass by a 2004 F150 SuperCab Truck.

It was incredible seeing Slim race a BOSS F150 and it was 3 trucks lengths ahead of him and he chased it down and won!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable!!!!!!

Slim and Mike worked thier butts off over the weekend so i could take care of an important family event and I can't tell you how much it meant to me. So once again, thanks Slim for coming to the track and taking over the task of running the Trilogy #3 truck.

I know this sounds old, but Lidio did a great job with the set up and tune.

It was also great hanging out with Brad and the Chicago crew. I will see you guys again next weekend!

I will let Slim update you on the rest of the details.

Jerry

DEFYANT
08-01-2005, 07:15 AM
Sounds great Jerry, though you confused me at first with T-3s record at 14.72. I didn't know you were talkin about the F-150. What did the truck run stock? What are the details of this F-150?

Thanks

bigslim
08-01-2005, 08:22 AM
Thanks Jerry. It takes a very special person to trust two friends with four of his "prides and joy". Running that truck down the track was nothing compared to driving the rig carrying everything back home. BTW, I set a new land record for that too. I was cruising pretty good with that rig. ;)

MikesMerc
08-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Congrats Daryl on those super truck runs!! :beer:

Yep, Slim piloted the truck and trailer home like nobody's business. I'm glad I had the blown F-150 to follow along. I needed the boost to keep up :eek:

SouLRioT
08-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Very nice runs, and with SVT not making the Lighting many people will be interested in this. For those that missed the thread of the prototype heres the link to it plus there are pictures: HERE (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17804)

bigslim
08-01-2005, 10:53 PM
My new love, Jerry's F-150. Also, here is the big rig I had to drive home. Yes those are 22 inch DUBs on the F-150

Bradley G
08-03-2005, 09:37 AM
Jerry

That's one Bad Mutha.
Hard to believe that truck is faster than a stock Marauder!
I had a fabulous time with you guy's this past weekend!
Must have been tough to recieve the Play by Play over the phone.(Who swings bigger?) :lol:
Thanks for the use of your scooters, I have'nt seen my son smile like that for quite a while! :bows:
I just wish I had my camera out, when you kissed Lidio!:jk: