PDA

View Full Version : Marauder meets Mustang

maraudernkc
08-01-2005, 09:03 PM
It was about 9:30 tonight and I thought I would take out the Marauder and fill up the gas tank with some shi** 92 Kansas City octane.

I put in 16 Gallons in the tank and she was full.

I had my 103 Lb girlfriend in the passanger seat and my heavy 225 lb butt in the driver seat, a full tank of gas, two 12" subs and two amps in the trunk.

I pull away and notice that I had not shut my gas door. I pulled into a parking lot and got out and shut the gas door.

I have the predator in my hand and my girlfriend is reading the LM-1 for the A/F ratio.

I make a right turn onto a Blvd. where there is a medium and no turn ons or off until the next light which is about a mile 1/2. For some reason I did not hit the go pedal hard but I look behind me to see a fast approaching Mustang in the left lane comming hard. I know this is going to be a race so I turn the overdrive off and turn the traction control off and he is a about 3 cars back of me and I hammer the go pedal and the marauder sling shots forward like an F-16 and it's not even a race.

Now I let the guy get right up on me and he gets the jump on me and I look at my spedo and tach and look out my side window and hear a familar noise. It's the same noise my car makes but a diffrent kind of vacume leak. It's an 2003 Mustang Cobra right beside me. At this point there are triple digits involved :eek: and I am getting old and don't want any accidents or tickets. I hit the brakes

The light is red up ahead and comming fast. We both hit the red light with no other cars at the light. I asked him what amount of boost he was running and he said stock, I think.Ummm! The car was loud. He asked what the hell was I driving and I told him what is was and that I am only running 12PSI right now because of belt slippage problems.

I said are you ready again and we both hammered off the line and I pulled him hard out of the hole and let off and waived has he went by.

I asked my girlfriend if she hit the record buttom on the LM-1 A/F meter and she said hell know. I can't blame her on that one.

This was done on a private test track. :bs:

Do be careful out there these cars hit triple digits pretty quick and do not slow down like they did when they were stock.

That's my story!

teamrope
08-01-2005, 10:28 PM
Do I hear a break upgrade in the future? :)

Sounds like fun.

(One of these days, I will have to get S/Ced.)

maraudernkc
08-02-2005, 04:33 AM
Brake upgrade is on the list of mods to be done. Very much needed.

Do I hear a break upgrade in the future? :)

Sounds like fun.

(One of these days, I will have to get S/Ced.)