PDA

View Full Version : MM owners coming through Tuesday Aug 16

SergntMac
08-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Okay people, let's show the Windy City charm. Though our schedule of events seems to be filling up, these folks are coming through the area Tuesday, August 16. I've made some suggestions where to lay over for the night, and where to get some real chicken, family style! Please do what you can to join us, Marauder, or, not.

Read up on it here...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19642

Let's do what we can to make these folks feel at home in the Windy City.

Shaft333
08-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Is the plan to meet at White Fence Farm or Del Rea's?

Out of curiosity... is the consensus here that Del Rea's chicken is not good?

ex00p71
08-02-2005, 12:44 PM
I have no problem with it, now for the rest of the crowd that orders a bacon cheeseburger I have no idea whats up with them?:D

03marauder
08-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Hey, those bacon cheeseburgers are really good. Nothing wrong with ordering a burger at a chicken place. :D

Shaft333
08-02-2005, 01:48 PM
I was curious. I never ordered anything but the chicken there. It's okay. It's chicken.
It's just that Del Rea's was a place that my dad would take my older brothers and sister to decades ago. It was all about the chicken. So that's why I was wondering about the burgers... were people not diggin' the chicken?

White Fence Farm is also an original!

SergntMac
08-02-2005, 02:00 PM
I was curious. I never ordered anything but the chicken there. It's okay. It's chicken.
It's just that Del Rea's was a place that my dad would take my older brothers and sister to decades ago. It was all about the chicken. So that's why I was wondering about the burgers... were people not diggin' the chicken? White Fence Farm is also an original! Ditto for me and my father and WFF. Lots of very old memories there for me, and the food hasn't changed one bit. Great steaks too!

Actually, the burger thing is an inside joke. At our first ever meet, I ordered the burger when everyone went for the chicken. It's good, but not my favorite, and the BDCB is the best ever.

Final meet place hasn't been decided yet, it's probably a good idea for us locals to target WFF as the meet spot. The crew driving in may stay at one of the hotels around Del's, so, we won't be far away. Stay tuned for last minute updates? And watch that other thread too.