PDA

View Full Version : S/C install

jdando
08-03-2005, 05:46 AM
Hey Guys;

I will be doing the self-install of Trilogy #98 over the next few days.

PM or call me on the cell if you want to stop by, help, heckle or be a gopher!

jeremy

Donna
08-03-2005, 07:10 AM
:burnout: Good luck with your install Jeremy :banana:

Keep us posted on how it is going.......and I am sure you will have several people "on call" to help, if you need it.

Donna

Hey Guys;

I will be doing the self-install of Trilogy #98 over the next few days.

PM or call me on the cell if you want to stop by, help, heckle or be a gopher!

jeremy

I Tried
08-03-2005, 12:37 PM
What did the trilogy cost you Im thinking about going with procharger. Let me know if you have any broblems im a ford tech for a living, if you call it that.:D

GarageMahal
08-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Hmmm, maybe I need to take a break from work and stop by....

I bet you get it done before I make it over :D

jta

jdando
08-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Day 1 update;

Got my boxes, just about blew a gut on box #1. It is 96 lbs :eek:

Got organized.

Opened the extensive Trilogy install manual and got to it.

I got all the "old" parts off, intake, hoses, more hoses.

Started the install of new parts, got the boost a pump in, boost gauge in, boost line in.

Decided to call it quits while I still had all my fingers, that car had all it's paint and no parts are broken :)

Today went really well, tomorrow the build begins. Stay tuned

Pictures are here.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=3102

Open invatation for tomorrow, 1:00pm to 8:00pm is the plan. PM or call my cell for details

jeremy

BillyGman
08-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Jeremy,

I'm not sure if I've already discussed this with you in our exchange of PM's, but incase you overlooked this in the manual, just make sure that you've saved and set aside the several bolts that the manual instructs you to during the disassembly proceedure, because you're going to need them when you get your ratchet in the tightening mode during the installation process, and those aren't bolts that can be obtained from any hardwrae store since they're strictly automotive.

jdando
08-04-2005, 04:23 AM
BillyGman;

Good point, we did not discuss it. I have placed everything that came off the car in Ziplock TM bags and labeled it with the page number from which it came. One of the benefits of being slightly AR.

jeremy

Jeremy,

I'm not sure if I've already discussed this with you in our exchange of PM's, but incase you overlooked this in the manual, just make sure that you've saved and set aside the several bolts that the manual instructs you to during the disassembly proceedure, because you're going to need them when you get your ratchet in the tightening mode during the installation process, and those aren't bolts that can be obtained from any hardwrae store since they're strictly automotive.

jdando
08-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Day 2 Update

Realized I forgot to remove a couple of things :(

The EGR to manifold nut was a bear. Had to wait for my assistant to show up and then get the big wrench.

Removed a couple of hoses and finally drained the radiator.

Verified clearance of the new lower intake manifold
Assembled the S/C
installed lower intake manifold
installed new injectors
installed fuel rails
installed intercooler reserviour
installed intercooler radiator
assembled throttle body to air inlet "thing"

cleaned the garage
organized tools

recycled four diet pepsi cans

pictures are here;

No build work tomorrow.
I plan to wrap it up this weekend!

jeremy

Bradley G
08-04-2005, 11:02 PM
Yeah I got my first shot at helping a Marauder Brother , and my cell phone Goes dead!:mad:

Buy the looks of things, you did not need much!:P
Nice Pics!

:burnout: Good luck with your install Jeremy :banana:

Keep us posted on how it is going.......and I am sure you will have several people "on call" to help, if you need it.

Donna

BillyGman
08-04-2005, 11:59 PM
Those pics bring back some fond memories of when I installed my Trilogy kit on my car. BOY does that supercharger look sweet all bolted up to the intercooler unit and ready to go!!!

.....you're going to need a hand lowering the intercooler & blower assembly onto the intake manifold because of the weight of it. So just make sure you tell who ever helps you out with that, NOT to grab the passenger side of the supercharger case by that black plastic solenoid!!!! Doing so might damage it!!!

One other thing.....

when you're lowering the supercharger & intercooler assembly unto the intake manifold, remember that there are two dowel pins protruding out of the top of the intake manifold that the supercharger base plate lines up with, which actually makes it pretty easy to line everything up since there's only one way that it will go on.

Donna
08-05-2005, 03:49 AM
Way to go Jeremy......your helper is a cutie :) Thanks for the updates.

Day 2 Update

Realized I forgot to remove a couple of things :(

The EGR to manifold nut was a bear. Had to wait for my assistant to show up and then get the big wrench.

Removed a couple of hoses and finally drained the radiator.

Verified clearance of the new lower intake manifold
Assembled the S/C
installed lower intake manifold
installed new injectors
installed fuel rails
installed intercooler reserviour
installed intercooler radiator
assembled throttle body to air inlet "thing"

cleaned the garage
organized tools

recycled four diet pepsi cans

pictures are here;

No build work tomorrow.
I plan to wrap it up this weekend!

jeremy

I Tried
08-05-2005, 07:29 AM
Looks good jermey, I forgot the directions and your cell number at work so I had no way to get ahold of you, thats why I didnt stop by.

Also do you want to sell you old cold air intake and any other preformance parts you had for NA and wont be needing any more? If so pm me Im verry intrested.

Tim

FiveO
08-05-2005, 09:30 AM
Looking good Jeremy!

Keep us updated!

MikesMerc
08-05-2005, 10:34 AM
So far so good!

Tallboy
08-05-2005, 10:39 AM
I am there, in spirit! Great job, Jeremy!:up:

jdando
08-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Day 3

The day got of to a bad start. I got all the way to the shop and realized I left the instruction manual at home :( turned around, went home, got manual and went back to the shop.

Got started and made big progress.

Carefully placed the blower in place :D Sometimes it would be nice to be taller and have massive upper body strength.

Attached new EGR tube
Completed all the intercooler plumbing
Completed most of the engine plumbing
wired up the intercooler pump
hooked up all of the vacuum lines
put in new plugs
hooked up accersory belt
hooked up blower belt

LimoMerc stopped by and helped for a while!

Tomorrow will be the day. I have a few hours of assemble, a few hours of clean up and double checking and then we will turn the key:eek:

no pictures today, I forgot my camera at home. Took a few pictures with my friends camera.

jeremy

BillyGman
08-06-2005, 04:56 PM
You're getting very close!!!!! BTW, make sure the contact points of your car's computer where the Trilogy chip plugs into are very clean, and that you've taken off all of the plastic residue from the contact points before you install the chip. Otherwise, it won't run correctly. I didn't have any problem with that, but one person that I know of did, which can happen with any chip if the contact points where it plugs into aren't free of that plastic residue that's on there from the factory. I used a piece of scotch brite to scuff off the plastic residue which worked great, but you have to do a thorough job.

jdando
08-07-2005, 12:26 PM
I am pleased to announce that at 11:52 AM #98 sprang to life.:D

I was very tentative and then we had some smoke coming of the egr tube and drivers side exhaust manifold. No leaks, no clunks, no check engine lights. Once things got warmed up, everything settled in and I took it for a test drive.

WOW! Thank you Mr. Barnes (and the rest of the company)

I gave her a quick bath, a little Z-6 to freshen up and then a nice easy drive home (except for two big burnouts).

I will have more later. I need to shower and freshen up. Need to kiss the wife a lot. She will probably say "what have you been doing for four days, it looks just the same".

more later,
jeremy aka #98

oldekid
08-07-2005, 01:05 PM
How cool. Glad everything went well, and thanks for sharing it all. There are lots of us out here feeling your joy. . . . well, maybe not. . . maybe we're just jealous as hell. Enjoy!

jdando
08-07-2005, 01:15 PM
How cool. Glad everything went well, and thanks for sharing it all. There are lots of us out here feeling your joy. . . . well, maybe not. . . maybe we're just jealous as hell. Enjoy!
Thanks John. If I can do it, you can. Just take your time.

Also pictures are up in my gallery

Time to update the signature

jeremy

BillyGman
08-07-2005, 05:55 PM
There are lots of us out here feeling your joy. . . .Yes! myself included!!!! Congratulations Jeremy!!!

Bradley G
08-07-2005, 06:01 PM
Great news Jeremy!

Got your messages a couple hours ago.
Check the wifes cell messages.:(

GarageMahal
08-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Glad to hear all is well :)

:burn::burn::burn::burn::burn: :burn::burn::burn: