PDA

View Full Version : Roots Supercharger Results From Florida

MI2QWK4U
03-13-2003, 08:27 PM
As you know, Lidio took the Eaton Roots Supercharged Marauder to Florida last week. Lidio called me tonight, but I missed the call. I will be talking to him tomorrow, and will ask him to post all the latest detailed information from the runs down in Florida. He called last week after a couple of runs with preliminary numbers. I posted those preliminary results in the other Supercharged thread:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1820

If you missed that post, those results were....It was 85 degrees with 80% humidity at the track. Preliminary results were 13.40 @ 102 mph and 13.42 @ 102 mph .
This was running with the stock rear end, exhaust, and tires.
Lidio was pleased with the results thusfar, and thinks this setup is capable of 13.30's.
I can't wait to hear the rest of the results.

Southeast Michigan Marauder Owners......worth mentioning....I will be trying to have the Supercharged Marauder at Wild Woodys this weekend, stay tuned for what day and time. I will post info after talking to Lidio. Here is your chance to see the beast in person if you live in SE Michigan!

merc406
03-13-2003, 08:31 PM
Great times for a first time out. Will try to be their this weekend.

TAF
03-13-2003, 08:37 PM
Sounds like a sales pitch...hey, more power to ya.

Marauderman
03-13-2003, 08:41 PM
was that pun intended???????????????

MI2QWK4U
03-13-2003, 08:56 PM
Hey Todd, I guess it does. I guess I am a little excited about this development. Its different when you can actually see the results of a mod, instead of hearing people talk about it and the results on the forum. I drove the car, felt the difference, and believe that for me, its the way to go. So yes...I'm a believer! And I will be standing in line to plunk down my money to get the kit, I just happen to be fortunate enough to live 5 minutes from Lidio's shop. If you want my honest feelings, I wouldn't be doing this mod if it wasn't being done locally by someone as talented as Lidio. As for a sales pitch, the cars performance sold me! Later guys....
Dave

TAF
03-13-2003, 09:14 PM
Sounds good, Dave. I think MANY of us are intrigued by the "blown Marauder" albeit from KB, DR or your guy.

What I would like to know more about is how these are as daily drivers. So when you get yours, I'd appreciate LOTS of info on how she is in that realm, rather than 0-60 or strip. That is what I'm really interested in with my plans moving forward. Mines not a "hobby car" but one I drive a lot.

Thanks for the promise of the updates.

MI2QWK4U
03-13-2003, 09:23 PM
I hear you Todd. I will drive mine daily during the year, I only park it for the winter. I told Lidio that I was curious about how it would run as a daily driver, things like gas milage etc. I can tell you this much, if you are driving the car "normally" around town without getting on it, you really can't tell its anything other than a normal Marauder. It is only when you get on it that you can hear the SC whine as you peel yourself from the leather seat after the launch. The daily driver aspect is a good question to ask Lidio. For me, I am not planning on many other mods, the brakes are fine for my needs, the exhaust is ok, since I won't be road racing, the suspension is ok for me too, and there may not be a need to go to 4:10's, but that is still to be determined. This test car is going to decide a lot of these questions for us, so I can't wait to hear more from Lidio.
Dave

cyclone03
03-14-2003, 05:06 AM
Wow 13.40 out of a real car!

I'm so glad we're out of the dark ages of Marauder performance.
Spring is near,tracks are opening parts are being tested!.
Remember back in the late 2002's when all that was out there was chips and gears?Oh those where dark days indeed.:D :D :D

SergntMac
03-14-2003, 05:33 AM
I am very impressed, 13.40s from a stock MM with just a S/C, that's great. Imagine where you can get adding the bolt-ons. This is going to be one great summer!

How about a phone number for Lidio? I want to hear more about the install and upgrade.

Mike M
03-14-2003, 06:52 AM
Any prices yet???

tetsu
03-14-2003, 07:15 AM
Was this really running stock exhaust? If they went to headers and
catback, the complexity/cost is up. If they ran that with stock exhaust
then that's pretty darned great because the headers and catback will
really uncork that Eaton.

This supports my theory that when your really crank up the torque on
this motor, the 3.55s start making alot more sense.

Those are great pulls in warm humid florida air. A small shot of juice would probably go a long way in that set-up also once headers are on.

Good job. When I go for broke on my MM I'd really like to do an Eaton
ala S55 treatment. I think that is way cool.

Boy do I hope that this summer we can get Mensreas machine and
one of these Lidio rigs on the same track....hint....hint...hint.. ... :)

Johnny Who Can't Wait For April

Warpath
03-14-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by SergntMac
How about a phone number for Lidio?

I believe its:

Originally posted by tetsu
A small shot of juice would probably go a long way in that set-up also once headers are on.

It probably wouldn't go for long. These engines when stock don't take too well to blowers and juice. The internals will eventually fail. Forged internals on the other hand will go a long way.

LincMercLover
03-14-2003, 09:44 AM
Sorry, but if you want to exchange that info (addy,telephone,etc.), please to it privately. Lido is NOT a supporting vendor.

SergntMac
03-14-2003, 10:24 AM
Sorry LML, didn't mean to entice someone to step across the line.

Actually, I didn't see the line here, since a root style supercharger such as the Eaton, isn't offered by our supporting vendors. I just wanted to learn more about the Eaton blower in an MM. I'll keep this in mind in the future.

Logan
03-14-2003, 10:29 AM
The solution itself can be discussed, by all means, and is in another thread here (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1820), along with pics.

JAL
03-14-2003, 03:08 PM
I don't think it was a sales pitch. He's just happy with his setup. I don't see the big deal in exchanging shops info if they aren't sponsors.

Jeff

LincMercLover
03-14-2003, 03:33 PM
You can say as many names as you want here JAL, just the contact info needs to stay out of the "public eye."

Logan
03-14-2003, 03:40 PM
Thread Closed. Continue the original conversation by helping MI2QWK4U out with his question HERE (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2034)...

Anyone who has questions regarding vendor policies can email me directly at logan@mercurymarauder.net