PDA

View Full Version : #1 New Record Time Slip

MikesMerc
08-04-2005, 07:03 PM
With all the excitement of running a new record for Trilogy number 1 car, I forgot to get this posted.

Check out that 60 ft! Every hundreth of a second in the 60 foot is HUGE and translates into big gains on the big end. The launch in T #1 is enough to make you swallow your molars:D

Enjoy!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=71 32&stc=1

sailsmen
08-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Congratulations on the great time. :banana2:

Looks like you lost becuase you broke out. :depress:

CRUZTAKER
08-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Nice job on the hook! ;)

Bluerauder
08-04-2005, 07:50 PM
With all the excitement of running a new record for number 1, I forgot to get this posted.
Congrats to the #1 team on a fine run at 11.215 !!! :2thumbs: Heck, you only missed the dial in by 0.075 seconds. :rolleyes: Less than the blink of an eye.

JET
08-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Is this the fasted time ever posted by a Marauder? In the time slops section I see Jerry Barnes Posted a 11.29. Is the motor juiced? Whatever it is way to go.

bigslim
08-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Is this the fasted time ever posted by a Marauder? In the time slops section I see Jerry Barnes Posted a 11.29. Is the motor juiced? Whatever it is way to go.
Hey John, nice to see you around. That is Jerry's car. It is the fastest posted yet. So now the Trilogy #1 car owns the top two spots.

JET
08-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Hey John, nice to see you around. That is Jerry's car. It is the fastest posted yet. So now the Trilogy #1 car owns the top two spots.

bigslim,

Thanks, sorry i have been absent for all of '05. I've been busy as hell and don't think I've been on the board so more then a minute in sometime.

I see you got SuperCharged congrats on that. I still love my car everday. I assume you will be at MVIII? I'm execited i can't wait to see everyone again and check out the woodward dream cruise. I take it you'll commuting to the events?

Best JET

;)

bigslim
08-04-2005, 09:19 PM
bigslim,

Thanks, sorry i have been absent for all of '05. I've been busy as hell and don't think I've been on the board so more then a minute in sometime.

I see you got SuperCharged congrats on that. I still love my car everday. I assume you will be at MVIII? I'm execited i can't wait to see everyone again and check out the woodward dream cruise. I take it you'll commuting to the events?

Best JET

;)
I will be there. Afterall it is in my own backyard. It will be nice to see you again. Yes, I finally got my blower. I love it. See ya in a couple of weeks.

stevengerard
08-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Will this event get any attention in the mags, it would be real cool to see T1 in Hot-Rod or one of those.

Bradley G
08-04-2005, 10:47 PM
It's fun to watch!

The Big car, ...Chasing the little car down! :D
Mike, Slim and I had so much fun, When You clocked that Mustang!
Slim was on the phone W/ Jerry, before you got Back from your run!:lol:

Smokie
08-05-2005, 04:54 AM
Mike, congratulations on putting down one fantastic time....10's appear to be within reach.:beer:

MikesMerc
08-05-2005, 04:56 AM
Yeah, that was one helluva race indeed! Having to chase that stang down after giving him a 1.5 sec start was a blast.

I lost for two reasons. First, my reaction time wasn't so hot. A .327 is not bad for an amatuer, but not good enough for racing the guys that are there every weekend racing for NMRA season points like my competitor was. Giving up 2 tenths at the light was the killer after already giving a him a 1.5 second jump start. I missed catching him at the end of the track by about 5 feet!!

In addition, I also broke out:) So, in the end, my R/T didn't really matter:)

As far as posting the timeslip on the database, I asked Jerry to update his entry instead of having me post. I was not comfortable posting a slip for a run in a car that was not mine. In addition, and more importantly, I felt that #1 should not take up two slots on the board. I think that's the right way to do it...I hope everyone agrees.

stevengerard
08-05-2005, 07:21 AM
In addition, and more importantly, I felt that #1 should not take up two slots on the board. I think that's the right way to do it...I hope everyone agrees.

I agree, otherwise I'd have 3 spots taken up in the 15 second range - oh yeah, no one cares about that.

What's really cool is there are now 5 cars in the 11s with probably more to come and maybe a 10 here or there too. Anyone have an extra set of widend rims

MikesMerc
08-05-2005, 10:44 AM
I do find it inspiring to see the Marauders continue to push the envelope. I'm sure we haven't seen just how far these cars can be pushed. Someone is going to put one of these bad boys on a diet and then things will really get interesting.

I won't go that route myself, though. I want all the bells and whistles the car came with and I'm not willing to give up day to day ride quality. Accordingly, I'll never be too close to the top of the heap...but that's just fine with me:)

That all said, I should be deeeep into the 11s in a few weeks. :banana:

Motorhead350
08-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Wow thats awesome! Way to go! Hope nothing breaks on ya. :cool:

Bradley G
08-06-2005, 07:58 PM
When you push the car that hard, it is going to break.

Hopefully well after two hundred,:P or so passes.

Wow thats awesome! Way to go! Hope nothing breaks on ya. :cool:

MikesMerc
08-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Yep...you race it, you're gonna break it. That's the way the hobby goes. No one wants to break...its just something you plan for when pushing the envelope:)