PDA

View Full Version : New Diablo F.I.T. Procharger Tune - WOW!

HwyCruiser
08-06-2005, 04:54 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/vbgarage.php?do=getimage&id=476

The base Diablo Procharger tune has been revised by Scott Beer, Diablo's master tuner in Florida, through Tom's (MarauderTJA) and Tim's (tmac) quest for nirvana on their Marauders.

Yesterday I got my tune updated and the air/fuel tweaked by a midwest Diablo tuner named Dave, aka Injected Racing, in Springfield, MO. I picked up +20 rwhp @ 6000 rpm (10 psi) and +25 rwtq @ 5100 rpm from the original base tune I've been running since the installation in mid-May. Comparing the two dyno charts I've picked up power throughout the entire range.

Diablo has not only refined the tune for more power but they have managed to tame the PI Stallion on the street and the shift patterns have been improved nicely. I spend all day today running errands and generally beating on my Marauder in the 90+ degree weather today and she's never felt better. The SOTP meter has definately been pegged all day!

I'll post some more details about my trip later, but first I just wanted to thank the guys that have worked so hard on this.

Bravo! :bows:

Smokie
08-06-2005, 05:36 PM
That is a tremendous amount of power, congratulations!!!:beer:

maraudernkc
08-06-2005, 08:13 PM
JD, Your car flat out gets it. I was impressed with the fine tunning that was done.

It has now magnafied your car into the true beast that it is.

I probably owe you some money for smokin your tires. Sorry! :)

It's amazing how your tires light up at will.

Someday maybe we will be able to get you some low end grunt. :eek:

The base Diablo Procharger tune has been revised by Scott Beer, Diablo's master tuner in Florida, through Tom's (MarauderTJA) and Tim's (tmac) quest for nirvana on their Marauders.

Yesterday I got my tune updated and the air/fuel tweaked by a midwest Diablo tuner named Dave, aka Injected Racing, in Springfield, MO. I picked up +20 rwhp @ 6000 rpm (10 psi) and +25 rwtq @ 5100 rpm from the original base tune I've been running since the installation in mid-May. Comparing the two dyno charts I've picked up power throughout the entire range.

Diablo has not only refined the tune for more power but they have managed to tame the PI Stallion on the street and the shift patterns have been improved nicely. I spend all day today running errands and generally beating on my Marauder in the 90+ degree weather today and she's never felt better. The SOTP meter has definately been pegged all day!

I'll post some more details about my trip later, but first I just wanted to thank the guys that have worked so hard on this.

juno
08-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Those are great numbers, but is that a stock block? Coming from the mustang crowd it's a little risky running anything near 450 hp, and this beast is 1000lbs heavier. :)

MI2QWK4U
08-06-2005, 08:25 PM
JD, Your car flat out gets it. I was impressed with the fine tunning that was done.

It has now magnafied your car into the true beast that it is.

I probably owe you some money for smokin your tires. Sorry! :)

It's amazing how your tires light up at will.

Someday maybe we will be able to get you some low end grunt. :eek:

Congrats on the tune, makes a big diff to find the sweet spot for the tune. The torque curve is what needs help. I hit 400 ft/lbs at 2700 rpm, about 450 ft/lbs at 3100 rpm, and 480 ft/lbs at 3700 rpm. It stays at 480 until about 5500 rpm and never drops below 410 at the end of the run. Thats the bone jarring torque and low end grunt that rocks.

HwyCruiser
08-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Those are great numbers, but is that a stock block? Coming from the mustang crowd it's a little risky running anything near 450 hp, and this beast is 1000lbs heavier.

I agree. I thought the same thing when the numbers came up on the screen. I have my WOT shifts set to 6000 rpm, where I'm right around 450 rwhp. I can't believe this kit is making that kind of power at 10 psi. :eek:

Although the dyno tuning was done with 91 octane and there wasn't any hit of detonation, I fully realize I'm probably pushing my luck with premium pump gas. I've got a 100 octane pump right down the street that I visit to mix a couple of gallons after a measured fill with premium just to make myself feel better. Timing can be and has been taken out to "detune" these cars for weaker gas.

I generally don't drive stoplight to stoplight at WOT, but squezing off 5 psi is enough to put a big ol' grin on my face. :D

Congrats on the tune, makes a big diff to find the sweet spot for the tune. The torque curve is what needs help. I hit 400 ft/lbs at 2700 rpm, about 450 ft/lbs at 3100 rpm, and 480 ft/lbs at 3700 rpm. It stays at 480 until about 5500 rpm and never drops below 410 at the end of the run. Thats the bone jarring torque and low end grunt that rocks.

Thanks Dave. Your numbers are very impressive indeed. So are the mods you've made around / to the Trilogy kit and a 100 octane tune. :bows:

I don't know about yours, but my rpms drop down to right about 4200 after a shift. This puts me right smack dab at the beginning of the sweat spot of the torque curve, well into the 400 ft/lbs range, and it definately rocks. As far as the 0-20 mph stuff, my gears and PI Stallion helps quite a bit with that. They always have. ;)

sailsmen
08-07-2005, 07:46 AM
Great numbers! :banana2:

Now take it to the track to get some more great numbers!

Come on I want to see a new king of the hill S/C 60' time. Zack has had that spot for way too long! :D

TooManyFords
08-07-2005, 08:16 AM
JD, those are some great numbers. I sure wish I could have been there too. Make sure you take a camera to MV-III so we can get a video of you smoking the tires and other cars too!

Cool!

John

HwyCruiser
08-07-2005, 02:33 PM
That is a tremendous amount of power, congratulations!!!:beer:

Great numbers!

Now take it to the track to get some more great numbers!

Come on I want to see a new king of the hill S/C 60' time. Zack has had that spot for way too long!

JD, those are some great numbers. I sure wish I could have been there too. Make sure you take a camera to MV-III so we can get a video of you smoking the tires and other cars too!

Cool!

John

Thanks guys. I'll be packing in a pair of Nittos for MVIII to help out with the "no low end torque" problem I have, lol.

I tip my hat to Zack for the longevity of the 11.6xx timeslip he has in the database. Not to shabby for a centrifugal running at 10 psi with stock internals. His skills definately more than make up for the low end torque he's giving up to the competition. :bows:

MarauderTJA
08-07-2005, 04:53 PM

Wicked Cool:banana: Glad to have been part of your super tune. It is a blast, isn't it?:beer:

snowbird
08-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Congrats on those awesome numbers and thanks to a gentleman.

Enjoy !!

MikesMerc
08-07-2005, 07:21 PM
I don't know about yours, but my rpms drop down to right about 4200 after a shift. This puts me right smack dab at the beginning of the sweat spot of the torque curve, well into the 400 ft/lbs range, and it definately rocks. As far as the 0-20 mph stuff, my gears and PI Stallion helps quite a bit with that. They always have. ;)

That's the key. Its all in the set up. The master plan if you will:)

Nice power numbers :beer: