PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger BS

maraudernkc
08-06-2005, 08:40 PM
I am so tired of all the Supercharger BS.

There might only be two vendors selling Superchargers for our Marauders and I am sure some of you might be very happy about that.

I don't make enoughf money on these kits for all this never ending supercharger crap!

I did this for the fun not the money and it's really not too much fun!

I am taking the weekend off to think about if it is worth it or not to keep selling the F.I.T./Procharger Marauder kits. :corner:

grampaws
08-06-2005, 08:52 PM
If it really has no reward other than the money..

then there is no point in continuing something...
Life is just to short...:D

HwyCruiser
08-06-2005, 09:08 PM
Just use the "ignore list" feature. If there are just one or two guys that rub you the wrong way here then ignorance may be the bliss you're looking for.

Its not like anything you could say would change their opinions anyway. :rolleyes:

Cobra25
08-06-2005, 09:11 PM

There might only be two vendors selling Superchargers for our Marauders and I am sure some of you might be very happy about that.

I don't make enoughf money on these kits for all this never ending supercharger crap!

I am taking the weekend off to think about if it is worth it or not to keep selling the F.I.T./Procharger Marauder kits. :corner: You shouldn't let them get under your skin like that. You have a really nice kit & it runs nicely with alot of power. Their are a small # of members who are just plain thick headed , they should try to be a little more open minded. Most of the members of this site just want the answer's on how the Super Chargers differ from each other. Go have a cold one :beer: and enjoy the weekend.

hitchhiker
08-06-2005, 09:19 PM
Should we talk about politics or religion then?

:D

duhtroll
08-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Nope, oil.

-A

torinodan
08-06-2005, 11:18 PM
Nope, oil.

-AHow about buttermilk?

hitchhiker
08-07-2005, 12:55 AM
How about buttermilk?

How about Yoo Hoo!

:D

http://www.drinkyoo-hoo.com/freebies/images/800_newbottle_wet.jpg

txmarauder
08-07-2005, 06:19 AM
Dont give up doing what you love, do what makes you happy and screw everyone else. You have manned up and brought something to the table for the MM community which is more than most have done on this board. So I thank you.:bows:

RoyLPita
08-07-2005, 06:27 AM
Greg, don't give up. I praise you for coming forward with the idea and the guts to get something like this going. You have sold some kits so far, which is pretty good in my book, especially when it comes to how many in how long a time. Plus you have other offers and options that can help persuade others to buy from you. Have you thought of expanding this kit to work on CVs and GMs? It shouldn't take too much to do either.

Hang in there, man.

Petrograde
08-07-2005, 06:50 AM
Greg,.. I wouln't blame you if you quit. I would be a shame though, it's nice to have a 3rd option.

I rarely even read any S/C threads anymore. It's always the same bull$h!t,.. then it turns into a p!$$!ng contest and gets locked. No thanks. :bs:

Smokie
08-07-2005, 06:56 AM

I am taking the weekend off to think about if it is worth it or not to keep selling the F.I.T./Procharger Marauder kits. :corner:I hope you decide to continue, it would be a great loss to our club if we wind up with only one choice for everything or maybe even no choices at all.

When I made a choice in regards to S/C'ing, my final decision was made on visual appearance, the OEM look if you will. Doing business with Jerry Barnes and Lidio was a pleasure. I am very happy with my choice and how I been treated by Jerry whom I consider a friend.

I would like to point out to those that have not been around here since mid '02 that when there was nothing to buy for our cars, Dennis Rienhart took an interest and provided products and services when there was nothing else for our cars.

I also want to point out that Todd (TAF) opened the way to our club to Team Ford in Marieta,GA. Grand Mufflers and Aric and Scot; a gifted tuner and a super wrench. Todd has introduced many innovations to our cars that many today enjoy but are unaware of the source.

Sarge and Zack have also been innovators and trailblazers and have done much to improve the quality and the choices to our Marauder experience, again a lot of what we enjoy today and take for granted today originated with these two gentleman.

I hope that you have a good peaceful weekend and make the decision to continue to make available a product that has made your customers happy and has made the Marauder experience broader and more exciting.

Thank you, Javier.

CRUZTAKER
08-07-2005, 06:58 AM
Yeah....don't give up...just don't get involved.

The other two vendors don't get involved in these silly discussions. They just allow their cronies to do so.

PM interested customers on the side, and leave the open forum to THEM. ;)

grampaws
08-07-2005, 08:49 AM
Looks like there's more than money talkin' here...

Have a good weekend!!:D :D

SergntMac
08-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Ditto to Royal ^ there.

A few closed minds do not control this board, the majority is generally silent, but watching, and have spoken out when it's been important. Royal is correct, there are a lot of cars your kit can be customized to fit. I don't think this is the case with the T-Kit, but I am sure someone will correct me. I know my Vortech uses stock off the shelf replacement parts, and I have been able to upgrade and fashion the car of my dreams. I believe the ProCharger is likewise, yes?

The essence of the American culture is diversity, and freedom of choice. Imagine what shape we would be without that. I've been close, I didn't pick a supercharger by brand, reputation, or, low end power curve, I bought a whole car. Whether it represents my preferrence in technology, or not, it's my car and I love it. I take heat from folks here who say I bought the wrong kit, and they were not members here when I made my only choice back in 2003, to buy the first supercharged Marauder in America, or, not. I'm glad I took the plunge, it's been an exciting ride. I've met and made friends with more folks than I can count, but not all of them. I think that's good, because someone who agrees with everyone, is lying to someone.

I drove my MM to the first Trilogy open house where I met many from this site for the first time. The T-kit is awesome, beautiful, and the demonstration rides scary. The cost was a tad high at the time, but still the only kit available. From that moment on, Trilogy had the opportunity to capture everyone's heart, and pocket book, and some say they have done well. I think they could have done better.

Disagreement is also a thread in fabric America, we debate, challenge, arbitrate, discover and compromise. It's the cornerstone of our democracy, the House and the Senate argue all day, because they are supposed to. In a way, supercharger wars are good. Open and spirited discussions help everyone learn about benefits and drawbacks of every design, the proof of which is in the performance. Ditto for any other "war" that breaks out, oil, wax, tires, wheels, whatever. How can you explore technology and learn, without discussing it?

Sadly, seems impossibe for us to conduct ourselves as decent men and women during discussion, and it usually sprials into childish exchanges, false accusations, and an age old strategy of argument; when you're loosing, insult, and we've seen the best at their trade. I know for a fact there is one member here who will not buy a T-Kit simply because of the conduct of a few "customers". IMHO, without this behavior, Trilogy probably could have sold 200 kits by now, even to you and me. Hang around, there's more opportunity ahead for you than you think.

Shaft333
08-07-2005, 09:45 AM
Hey, you should stay, cause at the very least... this is starting to seem like it's the Trilogy Fansite rather than a Marauder site.

HwyCruiser
08-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey, you should stay, cause at the very least... this is starting to seem like it's the Trilogy Fansite rather than a Marauder site.

I've heard this more than a couple of times now. Maybe the efforts of the "usual suspects" are having unintended consequences to the hearts and minds of potential customers. Buying into a family indeed.

Anyway, there are forums here for every choice and that is good.

MI2QWK4U
08-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Personally, I dont think Greg should throw in the towel. He appears to make a good product at a good price. Compitition is good for everyone, but... dont take it out on someone or villianize someone for posting facts and their personal opinion when asked by another member. Greg has taken his shots at certain companies and individuals (myself), just as much as myself or others. This all started because someone asked about which setup he should consider and why, specifically what major considerations to weigh in. If people want to buy Gregs Procharger Kit, I wont treat them any different than the next guy. You need to get past the opinions of others, do your homework, decide which application is best for you, period. You cant let someone's opinion sway you, whether its my opinion about what works for me, or Mac's rambling about Trilogy Marketing strategies. It doesnt have to be a war over superchargers. Too many thin skinned people get mad when someone says something that challanges the choice they made. Get over it people, and don't get your panties in a bunch. It makes me sick and nauseous to have a person ask your personal opinion, then be criticized by those with other opinions. Voice your opinion, and be done with it. My opinion is that I have driven both Trilogy Marauders and Vortech Marauders, and my opinion is that the vortech cant hold a candle to a properly set up Trilogy car. I expect another centrifugal would be simular, but cant speak to it since I havent experienced it. Thats an opinion, just like anyone else on the forum, like it or hate it...its my opinion. It isnt BS to me, its how I feel. There are other Trilogy owners that I dont see eye to eye with, but again, they are entitled to their opinion as well.
So Greg, I will say it again, keep on doing what you are doing and your following will grow. Its obvious that there is a demand and a desire for your product, and it would be a shame to let them down. I think when you and I disagreed in the past, we got past it and moved on. In fact I worked with Greg to promote his kit in the vendor raffle for MVIII.

MarauderTJA
08-07-2005, 04:38 PM

I am taking the weekend off to think about if it is worth it or not to keep selling the F.I.T./Procharger Marauder kits. :corner:
You better stop even thinking about that, or I am going to put my 250 lb A$$ on a plane and give you a serious reason to change your mind to retract that statement. You would be providing a dis-service to all the Marauder guys out there. And it is fun. Those few that mouth off have never driven a Procharged Marauder, so what do they know. And I cannot believe that you would let anyone get to you like that who are blind and ignorant to the truth and real facts.

MarauderTJA
08-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Personally, I dont think Greg should throw in the towel. He appears to make a good product at a good price. Compitition is good for everyone, but... dont take it out on someone or villianize someone for posting facts and their personal opinion when asked by another member. Greg has taken his shots at certain companies and individuals (myself), just as much as myself or others. This all started because someone asked about which setup he should consider and why, specifically what major considerations to weigh in. If people want to buy Gregs Procharger Kit, I wont treat them any different than the next guy. You need to get past the opinions of others, do your homework, decide which application is best for you, period. You cant let someone's opinion sway you, whether its my opinion about what works for me, or Mac's rambling about Trilogy Marketing strategies. It doesnt have to be a war over superchargers. Too many thin skinned people get mad when someone says something that challanges the choice they made. Get over it people, and don't get your panties in a bunch. It makes me sick and nauseous to have a person ask your personal opinion, then be criticized by those with other opinions. Voice your opinion, and be done with it. My opinion is that I have driven both Trilogy Marauders and Vortech Marauders, and my opinion is that the vortech cant hold a candle to a properly set up Trilogy car. I expect another centrifugal would be simular, but cant speak to it since I havent experienced it. Thats an opinion, just like anyone else on the forum, like it or hate it...its my opinion. It isnt BS to me, its how I feel. There are other Trilogy owners that I dont see eye to eye with, but again, they are entitled to their opinion as well.
So Greg, I will say it again, keep on doing what you are doing and your following will grow. Its obvious that there is a demand and a desire for your product, and it would be a shame to let them down. I think when you and I disagreed in the past, we got past it and moved on. In fact I worked with Greg to promote his kit in the vendor raffle for MVIII.
Amen Dave. It is all personal choice and personal opinions. Period.

teamrope
08-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Should we talk about politics or religion then?

:DNo, we should talk about oil! :)

Marauder386
08-07-2005, 05:02 PM
SHHHH ! The movie is starting...Oh, and I got the last boxes of Sno-Caps ... want some ?

:coolman:

Sorry...freedom of choice...dont lose the faith Greg...

:coolman:

Agent M79
08-07-2005, 05:04 PM
I wonder if anyone has bothered to ask this:

Has anyone with a supercharger ever not liked it? Felt like they didn't get their moneys worth?

sailsmen
08-07-2005, 05:44 PM
I think your kit is making awesome power. :bows:

Your customers are very satisfied!

I am just waiting for someone to post a new best 60' time, Zack has held it for way too long!

As far as centrifugals go there are a lot at the track kicking but every weekend. Some are even taking Roots off and bolting centrifugals on but I have never seen centrifugals being taken off and replaced by a Roots, have you?

Don't let the fact that there are aholes every where influence your decision.

Bradley G
08-07-2005, 06:12 PM
Most racers are prone to experiment ,with what they think works best.

Thanks to all who blazed a path for me!

Petrograde
08-07-2005, 06:12 PM
This thread should be locked by morning.

:popcorn:

Smokie
08-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Are you refering to Marauders, or just cars in general? With reguards to taking the roots off for centrifugals?Dave, I've heard in mustang forums some Cobra owners removing OEM blower and going with Centrifugals. Buying a blower for a Marauder and then removing it for another type of blower is something I have never heard of....kinda expensive, gotta have money to burn...:lol:

Tallboy
08-07-2005, 06:22 PM
I am just waiting for someone to post a new best 60' time, Zack has held it for way too long!Your wait is over.

Check Mike Z.'s 60' time on the timeslip he posted in this thread...http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20239

TooManyFords
08-07-2005, 06:23 PM
I think it would do for everyone that doesn't like the ProCharger system to just stay out of the FIT Vendor Forum. We won't mind a bit and promise not to "disrupt" the non-centrifugal forums in return.

Cheers

John

sailsmen
08-07-2005, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=MI2QWK4U]Here we go...gotta slam the roots again anytime possible! Are you refering to Marauders, or just cars in general? With reguards to taking the roots off for centrifugals?[/QUOTE

"My opinion is that I have driven both Trilogy Marauders and Vortech Marauders, and my opinion is that the vortech cant hold a candle to a properly set up Trilogy car."

I was responding to your slam, in a vendors forum!

I have owned both Roots and Centrifugal. I like both.

Cobra owners are pulling Roots and putting on Centrifugals.

Bluerauder
08-07-2005, 06:26 PM
:whistle: .......... :popcorn: If anyone is headed to the lobby, I'd like a small drink, please !!! :rolleyes:

TooManyFords
08-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Dave, et all..

I don't think this thread should continue in a Vendor's forum. Please take this elsewhere.

John

MI2QWK4U
08-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Dave, et all..

I don't think this thread should continue in a Vendor's forum. Please take this elsewhere.

John

John,
I wrote Greg a nice note of support to keep going, and I get broadsided by someone skewering what I said and thats ok... Whatever. I will go back to spending all my free time, missing time with my family to plan Marauderville III so my fellow boardmates can have a good time and slam me to my face at Woodward.

txmarauder
08-07-2005, 06:40 PM
I think it would do for everyone that doesn't like the ProCharger system to just stay out of the FIT Vendor Forum. We won't mind a bit and promise not to "disrupt" the non-centrifugal forums in return.

Cheers

JohnThis is the most intelligent post on here, I totally agree.

maraudernkc is talking about quiting because of pissing contests like these and you guys still keep doing it. Drop the s/c wars and encourage him to keep selling kits. Their is not alot of vendors making parts for these cars and if you guys keep it up there will be less.

snowbird
08-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Greg, keep up the good work and don't take personnally some of those interested posts. You developed a good kit and don't let people think otherwise.

Having 3 choices of superchargers for a car that isn't even built anymore is a gift by itself and must be kept going. That what's keep the breed alive.

I wish the so-called competition wouldn't be as fierce and people could get along even after having made different choices....

MikesMerc
08-07-2005, 07:16 PM
I have owned both Roots and Centrifugal. I like both.

Cobra owners are pulling Roots and putting on Centrifugals.

I too have owned both, and I can appreciate the merits of each. They make power in different ways and, depending on the application, can be the right choice.

As far as the Cobra owners...well very few are putting on centrifugals actually. The popular choice is replacing the eaton m112 roots with the lysholm based Whipple.

I sincerely hope Greg continues. Choice is key. The only time I enter these threads is when someone pipes up and says that all kits are "the same" and produce equavilent results. This is simply not true. The power production betwen kits is night and day. That doesn't mean one is better than the other...it just means that the way power is produced is different. Now, depending on how you set the car up, and what you want from it, either blower can be the better fit. I think a lot of discussion over which blower is the better fit for a particular application gets misinterpreted as "war." That's a shame. Some spirited debate about the power production of the various kits is good 411.

Carry on Greg.

HwyCruiser
08-07-2005, 07:25 PM
John,
I wrote Greg a nice note of support to keep going, and I get broadsided by someone skewering what I said and thats ok... Whatever. I will go back to spending all my free time, missing time with my family to plan Marauderville III so my fellow boardmates can have a good time and slam me to my face at Woodward.

Dave,

I missed your last deleted post but I took everything else before that in this thread as being civil. I think a lot of what is read and responded to is taken within a context that has been formed over a long time. Such is life.

I do appreciate all your efforts to get MVIII squared away and hope to enjoy my time there as much as I did last year at Indy. There were a lot of KB's, Trilogy's and DR's superchargered Marauders as well as modified n/a and bone stock cars there and I didn't see any one at any one else's throat over who's gizmo was better.

This time there will be a Procharger in the mix, big deal. I got spanked by a KB at IRP last year when I was still n/a and loved it. I'll get spanked again this year and it will still be all good. My main goal is to blend in with the awesome scenery again and to see old friends and make new ones. Once the screen name comes off everyone seems to get along fine no matter what you drive up with.

I hope to see you at MVIII and chat with you awhile about coolers and whatnot but I know you will be one busy guy. It must be a monstorous effort to pull this off. For that you have my thanks.

UNKNOWN
08-07-2005, 08:55 PM
DON'T SWEAT IT GREG, KEEP DOING WHAT YOUR DOING, WHICH IS A GREAT JOB. NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO OR THINK, YOU ARE ALWAYS GOING TO HAVE PEOPLE THAT AGREE AND ONES WHO DISAGREE WITH WHAT IT IS YOU ARE DOING, SO WHO GIVES A RAT'S ASS ABOUT SOME SILLY COMMENTS OR HALF ASSED OPINIONS. KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT AND DON'T STOP SHARING THE FRUITS OF YOUR HARD WORK BECAUSE TRUST ME THERE ARE DEFINATELY ALOT MORE PEOPLE WHO SEEK TO BENEFIT FROM IT THAN THERE ARE WHO CRITICIZE IT. I'M SURE ALL THE KITS AVAILABLE ARE GREAT AND WORK VERY WELL AND AS FAR AS THAT GOES ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MINE AND COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT WHAT SOMEONE ELSE HAS UNDER THEIR HOOD. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT I ENJOY DRIVING MY CAR AND I'M SURE MOST PEOPLE FEEL THE SAME WAY, I MEAN COME ON WHO WOULDN'T HAVE FUN DRIVING A SUPERCHARGED MARAUDER REGUARDLESS WHO'S NAME IS ON THE BLOWER.

ANYWAYS I AM LOOKING IN TO GETTING A TORQUE CONVERTER AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS SO EXPECT A CALL FROM ME TOMORROW.:beer:

bigslim
08-07-2005, 09:08 PM

Greg, continue to do what you do. Offer these folks a choice.

bigslim
08-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Ditto to Royal ^ there.

A few closed minds do not control this board, the majority is generally silent, but watching, and have spoken out when it's been important. Royal is correct, there are a lot of cars your kit can be customized to fit. I don't think this is the case with the T-Kit, but I am sure someone will correct me. I know my Vortech uses stock off the shelf replacement parts, and I have been able to upgrade and fashion the car of my dreams. I believe the ProCharger is likewise, yes?

The essence of the American culture is diversity, and freedom of choice. Imagine what shape we would be without that. I've been close, I didn't pick a supercharger by brand, reputation, or, low end power curve, I bought a whole car. Whether it represents my preferrence in technology, or not, it's my car and I love it. I take heat from folks here who say I bought the wrong kit, and they were not members here when I made my only choice back in 2003, to buy the first supercharged Marauder in America, or, not. I'm glad I took the plunge, it's been an exciting ride. I've met and made friends with more folks than I can count, but not all of them. I think that's good, because someone who agrees with everyone, is lying to someone.

I drove my MM to the first Trilogy open house where I met many from this site for the first time. The T-kit is awesome, beautiful, and the demonstration rides scary. The cost was a tad high at the time, but still the only kit available. From that moment on, Trilogy had the opportunity to capture everyone's heart, and pocket book, and some say they have done well. I think they could have done better.

Disagreement is also a thread in fabric America, we debate, challenge, arbitrate, discover and compromise. It's the cornerstone of our democracy, the House and the Senate argue all day, because they are supposed to. In a way, supercharger wars are good. Open and spirited discussions help everyone learn about benefits and drawbacks of every design, the proof of which is in the performance. Ditto for any other "war" that breaks out, oil, wax, tires, wheels, whatever. How can you explore technology and learn, without discussing it?

Sadly, seems impossibe for us to conduct ourselves as decent men and women during discussion, and it usually sprials into childish exchanges, false accusations, and an age old strategy of argument; when you're loosing, insult, and we've seen the best at their trade. I know for a fact there is one member here who will not buy a T-Kit simply because of the conduct of a few "customers". IMHO, without this behavior, Trilogy probably could have sold 200 kits by now, even to you and me. Hang around, there's more opportunity ahead for you than you think.
Here we go again. It was not needed that you feel that Trilogy could have done better. Hell, you could have done better with your control arms but you didn't. And where do get off saying that Trilogy could have maybe sold 200 kits if it weren't for the action of a few people. Can't you just let stuff go without taking your potshots. People here are seeing "The Anti-Slim" as they call it because I am tried of your cheap shots. "NO ONE" asked you how many kits Trilogy could have sold. The truth is they have outsold everyone else. People that have the Procharger are happy. People that have Vortechs are happy. People that have Trilogys are happy. Put it to rest Mac.

Shaft333
08-08-2005, 05:41 AM
HAH! This thread is getting funny.

Is this the bickering that is making you think that you don't want to sell the product anymore? (I haven't spent much time reading the SC arguments)

Shaft333
08-08-2005, 05:50 AM
Here we go again. It was not needed that you feel that Trilogy could have done better. People here are seeing "The Anti-Slim" as they call it because I am tried of your cheap shots. Put it to rest Mac.

Seriously... Trilogy can do better. That's why the competition is AWESOME. Forces everyone to do better. That's the reason why I'm partaking in this thread. That's why the FIT kit must continue!

SergntMac
08-08-2005, 07:13 AM
I think it would do for everyone that doesn't like the ProCharger system to just stay out of the FIT Vendor Forum. We won't mind a bit and promise not to "disrupt" the non-centrifugal forums in return. Cheers, John My thoughts exactly. Here's a guy trying to help others, and make a few pennies to cover his bets. It took a lot of work, and time away from family to put a ProCharger kit together, not to mention the continued investment in time in closing a sale, delivering product, as well as post sale tech support. Add it up, it gets taxing, and earning a few bucks doesn't make it worth much in the end. On top of that, unwarranted antagonism, and not directly from a competitor, but a small group of closed-minded folks who think there is only one way to do things. In case your new here, here's an example of how they do it.

Here we go again. It was not needed that you feel that Trilogy could have done better. Hell, you could have done better with your control arms but you didn't. And where do get off saying that Trilogy could have maybe sold 200 kits if it weren't for the action of a few people. Can't you just let stuff go without taking your potshots. People here are seeing "The Anti-Slim" as they call it because I am tried of your cheap shots. "NO ONE" asked you how many kits Trilogy could have sold. The truth is they have outsold everyone else. People that have the Procharger are happy. People that have Vortechs are happy. People that have Trilogys are happy. Put it to rest Mac.Ya see how that works? That's how it's done. Here's one man sorting out his thoughts and asking advice (by virtue of posting) about whether he should continue business as a vendor here, or throw in the towel. Most of us offer comfort and advice, but not all of us. He debates this with us because he's tired of the "BS" and what does he earn, but more "BS"

I have no idea what control arms have to do with Greg's dilema, other than to say it was a successful program. 50 sets made, 48 sold (we kept two sets for future use), and no complaints from anyone regarding durability, function, longevity, and so on, at least as of today. One set for sale in the classifieds. Pretty damn good program IMHO, but it's turned against me as a sign of some kind of failure, bad deal, or, bad idea. Last time it was mentioned, it was called a "fiasco", and I'd like to ask for more detail on this, but not in this thread.

With regard to my original statement, I meant to compliment the Trilogy staff. If they have sold 100 kits in amidsts this constant bickering, perhaps they could have sold more in it's absence. I believe this is a truthful statement, and though I have no proof, it's something to consider.

Greg, sorry for this distraction, but you know how this works too. Please make the right decision and hang with us, I'm sure there will be more business for you, and soon.

ckadiddle
08-08-2005, 07:41 AM
Don't let the bastids get you down! Different technologies have different strengths and weaknesses. I am envious of ANY installed supercharger regardless of which vendor it came from!

Which is the ABSOLUTE BEST supercharger for your Marauder????

THE ONE UNDER YOUR HOOD!!!!!

merc
08-08-2005, 08:22 AM
:whistle: .......... :popcorn: If anyone is headed to the lobby, I'd like a small drink, please !!! :rolleyes:

Ok, a small soda it is. :popcorn: What movie are you watching at the Metroplex. :rasta: I am viewing Godzilla v.s the Superchargers. It a pretty good B rated movie with plenty of poor acting, but great technical effects.

N40GL
08-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Boy, sometimes I feel like Rodney King here -- "Why can't we all just get along?"

I have one sort of supercharger. I love it.

Other people have other sorts of superchargers. They love them.

People without superchargers who hope to buy them are always exploring the field to see which one has more bang for the hard-earned buck. When they have enough information, they pick one or the other.

I think that there are both merits and demerits for every single kind of car modification out there, and everyone knows that factoid.

I believe one thing we MM.Net members need to stop feeding is the impression that there is one thing better than another. That's being very judgmental and, frankly (IMHO) arrogant. This isn't about 'right-vs.-wrong' or 'bad-vs. good.' It's just 'one thing vs. another thing.'

I would like to see the MM.Net members demonstrate that there is enough space in the world for all superchargers to exist equally, and that they are all essentially a different version of the same solution. This goes for all suspension, or air filter, or oil makers as well.

My challenge: can we, collectively, rise above the fracas and make this a healthier discussion? Can we stick to the facts and subtract the judgments?

This should be a discussion about "if you buy supercharger 'A' you get <i>xxx</i> and lose <i>yyy</i>; if you buy supercharger 'B' you get <i>yyy</i> but lose <i>zzz</i>.'

That kind of discussion would give readers information they can use. Opinions about 'good' vs. 'better' without data doesn't help me make an informed decision.

That's my request.

MM03MOK
08-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Mark - very good post and I agree whole-heartedly. When passion becomes obsession, insanity breaks out. We all need to respect one another and the choices we each make. Frankly, I'm embarrassed to read some of the posts on this Board and it doesn't have to be that way. Do your research, get out to meet people and drive a car. Remember, if you push someone too far to draw them in, don't be surprised if they do a 180.
:soap: :hug2:

MM03MOK
08-08-2005, 08:56 AM
OK - since Greg started another thread.....this-here discussion is closed.