PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy #95 is now on

jasonblair
08-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Hi guys,

I'm new to the site, but I figure what better time to start posting than the day I picked up my #95 Trilogy powered Marauder! I've got a Burgundy 2004 with 20,000 miles. I sent the wheels up to get them widened, and am running the 295 Nittos on the rear. I also ordered the 3.2 pulley from Lidio, so I am running 10.5 psi of boost. I'm located on the west side of Indianapolis.

I've only had the car back a few hours, but it is really fun to drive! The street manners under partial throttle are no different than stock. Under WOT conditions, I have to say the acceleration is so seamless that it really seems more docile than it is... I suppose that is a good thing, right? ;)

I was wondering about any of you who have put on the K&N intake... does it make the car a lot louder? And what kind of fuel economy changes would I see if I swapped to 4.10 gears? I imagine I'd be running up against traction problems if I did that, but do the 295's hold? I drive the car on a daily basis, so are there any other modifications that you all think I should make at this point?

Thanks for the input! Hopefully I'll become more of a regular contributor to the site from this point on.

Richard Blair

hitchhiker
08-06-2005, 11:13 PM
Welcome.

Just my opinion, but I don't think you really need much more than the Trilogy setup, Lidio's chip, and one of several cold air intake options.

Kinda nice having a 150/160 mph car rather than tearing it up on a quarter mile track.

Enjoy!

:D

Mad1
08-07-2005, 12:10 AM
I've got a Burgundy 2004 with 20,000 miles.
I don't mean to be rude, but you've got a Dark Toreador Red, otherwise known as 'DTR' Marauder. I'm pretty sure some of the guys on here will shoot at you if you call it a burgundy one again. :gunfire: :eek:

Congrats on the snazzy new ride! :welcome:

Mad1
Jeremy

jasonblair
08-07-2005, 12:39 AM
I don't mean to be rude, but you've got a Dark Toreador Red, otherwise known as 'DTR' Marauder.Anyone who has seen this car in person and thinks it is red needs to be checked for colorblindness.

PS - It was Jayson Blair who worked for the NY Times, not Jason Blair. :)

Tallboy
08-07-2005, 04:58 AM
Congratulations and welcome to the site! The K&N is a great addition to the Trilogy kit. There's an immediate improvement in boost and throttle response. The blower whine is more noticeable with the K&N. I love mine! 4:10 gears should not noticably effect your gas mileage.

RF Overlord
08-07-2005, 05:35 AM
I'm new to the site, but I figure what better time to start posting than the day I picked up my #95 Trilogy powered Marauder! I've got a Burgundy 2004 with 20,000 miles. Richard BlairWelcome, jason (Richard?)...No one knows more about these cars than the good people on this site...

Question: your statement above has me slightly confused...did you buy the car with the Trilogy already on it? If you had it installed, who did the job?

As far as the 4.10s, my wife and I recently went on a 1600-mile round trip and we averaged ~20 mpg; one tank was 21.2...that's with two "healthy" people, luggage for a week, souvenirs, etc, at 72-75 mph.

RoyLPita
08-07-2005, 06:14 AM
Welcome aboard. Congrats and enjoy your newfound horsepower.

Petrograde
08-07-2005, 06:56 AM
... PS - It was Jayson Blair who worked for the NY Times, not Jason Blair. :)

I thought that name sounded familiar...

Congrats on your new supercharger,... keep it under 140. :P

jgc61sr2002
08-07-2005, 10:32 AM
Richard - Welcome to the MM site. :welcome: Enjoy your new ride. :D

Smokie
08-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Welcome and Congratulations.

DEFYANT
08-07-2005, 05:24 PM
This is probably too late in your case, but here it is anyway:

"Resistance is futile"

We are Mercury Marauder.Net.
Lower your shields, and surrender yourself.
You will add our technological
distinctiveness to your own.
Our culture will consume and service yours.
Resistance is futile.

Freedom is to modify is yours;
Options to modify are limitless;
You must comply.

Total horsepower is irrelevant.
Chioce of power adder is irrelevant.
Your defensive capabilities
are unable to withstand us.

Resistance is futile.
Your Marauder, as it has been, will never be the same.
From this time forward, you will relentlessly modify your Marauder.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

jasonblair
08-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Question: your statement above has me slightly confused...did you buy the car with the Trilogy already on it?No. I bought the car a couple of weeks ago, and had the Trilogy installed after I purchased it.

jasonblair
08-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Welcome, jason (Richard?)...Well, a word on that. The person typing on here is actually Jason.. He's Richard's son. Richard is the one who owns the Marauder, but he's a little iffy on the computer skills... Think of Jason as Richard's proxy on here ;) For all intents and purposes, the messages that will be posted on here come from Richard, but typed via Jason... anything you want relayed to Richard will be done so.

As far as Jason goes, he is a GM traitor... owning not one, but two GTO's... a 1965 and a 2004. Jason is also a member of the LS1GTO.com forum, which uses a similar layout to this forum. That's why Jason will be the one doing the posting on here.. Richard, on the other hand, is an amazingly smart guy, but is clueless when it comes to programming a VCR.

Let's just make it simple... Jason/Richard... doesn't matter... treat us as one and the same. ;)

bigslim
08-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Hi guys,

I'm new to the site, but I figure what better time to start posting than the day I picked up my #95 Trilogy powered Marauder! I've got a Burgundy 2004 with 20,000 miles. I sent the wheels up to get them widened, and am running the 295 Nittos on the rear. I also ordered the 3.2 pulley from Lidio, so I am running 10.5 psi of boost. I'm located on the west side of Indianapolis.

I've only had the car back a few hours, but it is really fun to drive! The street manners under partial throttle are no different than stock. Under WOT conditions, I have to say the acceleration is so seamless that it really seems more docile than it is... I suppose that is a good thing, right? ;)

I was wondering about any of you who have put on the K&N intake... does it make the car a lot louder? And what kind of fuel economy changes would I see if I swapped to 4.10 gears? I imagine I'd be running up against traction problems if I did that, but do the 295's hold? I drive the car on a daily basis, so are there any other modifications that you all think I should make at this point?

Thanks for the input! Hopefully I'll become more of a regular contributor to the site from this point on.

Richard Blair
I have the K&N on my Trilogy. Lidio did a dyno pull before and after the K&N and it gained 22 hp. I will say that if you do the K&N and the 3.2 pulley you will probably need a new tune from Lidio. The K&N makes the blower "scream". When I get on it people are surprised by the sound it makes. I love it. Two guys I work with said it sounds like a siren when I get on it. Anyway, congrats on the Trilogy. 100 people can't be wrong.

torinodan
08-07-2005, 09:00 PM
Let's just make it simple... Jason/Richard... doesn't matter... treat us as one and the same. ;)You got it J/R.

BillyGman
08-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Hello Rich & Jason.....

and congratulations on your purchase of what I believe is a the best choice of superchargers for the Marauder. I've stayed with the stock air intake, and after reading "BigSlim's" post about how the aftermarket air intake makes the supercharger whine louder, I'm glad that I have remained with the factory stock air tube. Some people like that whine, but I never did, and so I'm very glad that the supercharger whine on my Marauder isn't all that noticeable at all, especially with the Kooks headers and exhaust package that I also have on my car. But to each his own. ;)

As far as the 4.10 gears, I've had three different gear ratios in my Marauder (3.55's, 4.10's, and the 4.56's) and I've found that the 4.10 gears reduced my gas mileage by 2 MPG, which I think is no big deal. BTW, the 4.56's reduced the gas mileage by an additional 2 MPG. I hope this helps you with your decision.

RF Overlord
08-08-2005, 06:22 AM
As far as Jason goes, he is a GM traitor... owning not one, but two GTO's... a 1965 and a 2004.

Jason, no need to feel like a traitor...the '65 Goat is an awesome car...and the '04, while IMHO not as aesthetically pleasing, is still a V8 with RWD...and that counts for something here... ;)

AzMarauder
08-08-2005, 06:44 AM
Some people like that whine, but I never did, and so I'm very glad that the supercharger whine on my Marauder isn't all that noticeable at all, especially with the Kooks headers and exhaust package that I also have on my car. But to each his own. ;)
Billy,

I've not experienced an S/C on a Marauder other than to listen to yours in your burnout videos. However, I have experienced it on my previous Cobra.
The "whine" is close to to a moan! I recognize the sound in your videos it just isn't as loud as my Cobra was. And of course, if you aren't heavy into the boost you don't hear it. It's not like you put the CAI on and the car becomes shrill or whistles (like the centrifugal).

BillyGman
08-08-2005, 06:44 AM
Jason, no need to feel like a traitor...the '65 Goat is an awesome car...and the '04, while IMHO not as aesthetically pleasing, is still a V8 with RWD...and that counts for something here... ;)Yep, I agree. I luv those LS1, and LS2 engines, and I wish I had one of them under the hood of my Marauder! But I can't stand the late model GTO's body style. However, that's my opnion, and keep in mind that I feel the same way about the former late model Camaro SS cars(although I luv it when they try and race me and cannot keep up:D ), as well as the Corvettes that have been made for the past 10 years. I luv those engines, but cannot stand the body styles. But atleast they're all RWD with good ole V8's. And the GTO's of old? Simply beautiful!!!!:banana2:

Jerry Barnes
08-08-2005, 06:53 AM
Welcome Jason and Richard!

This is a great web site with great people. You will enjoy the friends and the tremendous amount of information everyone has about Marauder's. Don't forget the Woodward Dream Cruise on August 20th in the suburbs of Detroit. If you can make it, please stop by!

As you may have notice, we are a pretty calm bunch, most of the time. Every, now and then we get into heated debates over which color gear shift nob makes our cars go faster, but that's only once and a while.

Like I said, there is a lot of valueable knowledge about Marauder's on this site and the club is a very close bunch of men and women. So, if you ever need anything, just ask!

Great to have you in the club! Hope to meet you guys soon!

Sincerely,

Jerry

BillyGman
08-08-2005, 06:57 AM
Billy,

I've not experienced an S/C on a Marauder other than to listen to yours in your burnout videos. However, I have experienced it on my previous Cobra.
The "whine" is close to to a moan! I recognize the sound in your videos it just isn't as loud as my Cobra was. And of course, if you aren't heavy into the boost you don't hear it. It's not like you put the CAI on and the car becomes shrill or whistles (like the centrifugal).Hmmmm, that's an interesting reply. thanks for your input on that. I didn't know that you used to have one of the S/Ced Cobras. you must miss it, no? Anyways, I know what you mean about the noise the supercharger makes being more like a "moan". That's a good description.

However, I remember seeing a couple different videos of other Trilogy supercharger equipped Marauders,(one of them being Daves...aka "MI2QWIK4U" exhibiting that burnout which he entered in the Trilogy burnout contest) and both of the cars in question exibited a much louder whining noise than my car ever did. I've always believed that it was due to three different things. One being that they must have had a quieter exhaust than I do, making the whine of the supercharger more noticeable. The second reason being that they both had a smaller pulley installed on the superchargers than the original Trilogy package comes with (I have the same 3.4"/9.5 PSI pulley that it originally comes with). And the third reason being that they both have this after market intake tube installed on their cars.

So that's the reasons for my conclusions. And as fast as Dave's car is,I never want my supercharger to whine as loud as his does. I'm not knocking his car, I'm simply talking about preferences here.

Donna
08-08-2005, 08:37 AM
Hi Richard..

congrats on #95 being done:beer:

:banana: now go have some fun with that new power.....

jasonblair
08-08-2005, 08:56 AM
you may have notice, we are a pretty calm bunch, most of the time. Every, now and then we get into heated debates over which color gear shift nob makes our cars go faster, but that's only once and a while.Let me tell you, this site is a LOT more tame than the LS1GTO forum... the moderaters on that site work overtime deleting posts! (Of course you guys should get into more heated debates to shake the image that Crown Vics are for grandparents... haha)

As far as the GTO's styling, it's definitely subdued.... but Pontiac is now offering a body kit called the Sport Appearance Package... hood scoops, taller spoiler, ground effects, split rear exhaust... it's definitely a big improvement to the bland looking car I purchased back in November. Just do a Google search for "2005 Sport Appearance Package".

Jerry, my dad wants to thank you for the excellent customer service in purchasing his Trilogy Kit. Not too often do you call a company and get to speak to the head honcho! ;)

We're definitely considering the Dream Cruise. The problem is, we are fighting over what car to bring... Dad wants to bring the Marauder, and I want to bring a GTO. I actually went up for the Dream Cruise 2 years ago, but I didn't stay because of the Blackout... my hotel had no power or safe drinking water... not the best experience for a first-timer.

Bradley G
08-08-2005, 06:09 PM
The problem is, we are fighting over what car to bring... Dad wants to bring the Marauder, and I want to bring a GTO[Quote]

If you join us, You will be part of the Largest (single model) Group on Woodward.
We promise not tease you about your other car!:lol: MUCH!...:rolleyes:

AzMarauder
08-08-2005, 06:30 PM
We're definitely considering the Dream Cruise. The problem is, we are fighting over what car to bring... Dad wants to bring the Marauder, and I want to bring a GTO. I actually went up for the Dream Cruise 2 years ago, but I didn't stay because of the Blackout... my hotel had no power or safe drinking water... not the best experience for a first-timer.
Well you could always settle it the manly way. Let your Dad install his Trilogy Kit then line 'em up side by side. Winner comes to Dream Cruise!

:D