PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Renaissance Festival 05

TooManyFords
08-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Huzzah!

Hear Ye, hear ye! Who shall cometh foreward and planneth the twin cities renaissance meet?

Be it you?

Festival Site Link (http://renaissancefest.com/MRF/homeframeset.htm)

I've been going to this festival for 30 years now and it just seems to get better every year. August 13th through September 25th. I would like to see something either September 3rd-5th for the Irish Heritage Festival or the Wine, Chocolate & Romance on September 17th-18th. (I'm Irish so you know where I want to be!)

August is just going to be too busy with MV-III and it will be cooler in September. Maybe a run to a track Friday night and then RenFest it on Saturday?

HUZZAH!

John

vpalhories
08-07-2005, 07:39 PM
John,

I was actually thinking about the Renaissance festival today. Something about great minds ... thinking alike! :D

In anycase, my wife and I are interested. My preference is for the September 3rd-5th as my wife is also Irish. That being said, may be a little too close to MVIII. September 17-18 would also work. In either case, I'm definately in.

Talk to you later.

GarageMahal
08-07-2005, 10:16 PM
I go every year too, often more than once. Not sure about my schedule at all but I will run your dates by my scheduler ;)

jta

LimoMerc
08-08-2005, 09:29 AM
That's my Birthday:woohoo: . I talked with my neihbor who is in the limo bussiness (Hmmmm how'd that happen?) and he could run us out and back in his 15-passenger van. I would be happy to offer my place is St. Louis Park as the gathering spot. I know that some of you live closer to the action but we can maybe stop and pick you all up at another gathering spot. The festival has very primative parking and I for one do not want my MM there.

TooManyFords
08-08-2005, 06:24 PM
That's my Birthday:woohoo: . I talked with my neihbor who is in the limo bussiness (Hmmmm how'd that happen?) and he could run us out and back in his 15-passenger van. I would be happy to offer my place is St. Louis Park as the gathering spot. I know that some of you live closer to the action but we can maybe stop and pick you all up at another gathering spot. The festival has very primative parking and I for one do not want my MM there.
It's not too bad to park if you go to the extreme left side in the grass by the trees. Just stay away from the center dust storm is all!

A van is OK but we could all just caravan out there too!

Besides, I need the big trunk to haul home the booty. (a candle)

haha!

Otherwise I say we party al Limo's house!

HUZZAH!

John (I'm all in!)

TooManyFords
08-24-2005, 04:37 AM
Now that MV3 is over, we need a head-count.

I'm moving this week and next so it has to be a weekend in September. See my earlier msgs for preferred dates.

Huzzah!

John

PS: Everyone is invited that can make it, not just the twin cities crew and me!

Shaijack
08-24-2005, 07:20 AM
Going to be in st paul MN from Sept 3-15 and I plan on being at the Fest. I am Shaijack on the MM.net and have a 03-300a. I will be flying there and plan on moving my daughter to New Orleans. She is a Certified Executive Pastry Chef. Looking forward to getting together with some MM owners if there is anyhting going on during that time period. Let me know if there is.

Thanks Barry Boffone

vpalhories
08-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Now that MV3 is over, we need a head-count.
John,

My wife and I are still planning on being there. I guess at this point we need a firm date. September 17-18 is our preference.

TooManyFords
08-24-2005, 06:31 PM
We need a consensus soon! I will be gone the weekend of the 17th-18th. Mine is the 3rd or 4th.
Who else can chime in? Besides, if everyone picks the 17th or 18th that is OK guys! I may see some of you sooner is all. Regardless of when we can make it, it is worth the trip even if you go alone.

Chime in crew!

Huzzah!

john

HookedOnCV
08-26-2005, 07:18 PM
We need a consensus soon! I will be gone the weekend of the 17th-18th. Mine is the 3rd or 4th.
Who else can chime in? Besides, if everyone picks the 17th or 18th that is OK guys! I may see some of you sooner is all. Regardless of when we can make it, it is worth the trip even if you go alone.

Chime in crew!

Huzzah!

john

OK guys, if I can get confirmation of who / how many are coming up FOR SURE and you are interested in saving almost $5 per ticket (reg. $17.95 - I can get them for $12.25+$1 - for PayPal fees and postage), please let me know. I'll pick them up and mail them to your house so that you don't have to worry about where we meet pick up the tickets when you get here.

I'm not making anything off of these. John and Val, I had a great time meeting you guys down in Cedar Falls last May. I'm just trying to show you guys a little Minnesota hospitality too.

Paypal account is toddstafne@yahoo.com

PM me if you have any questions.

BTW, I don't want to keep making a bunch of trips to pick up the tickets. If I can get several orders (not last minute either), then I can pick them up in one shot.

Thanks!

Todd

vpalhories
09-03-2005, 08:04 AM
OK guys, if I can get confirmation of who / how many are coming up FOR SURE and you are interested in saving almost $5 per ticket (reg. $17.95 - I can get them for $12.25+$1 - for PayPal fees and postage)
Hey Todd, my apologies for not chiming in later, I've been out of town. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest in a gathering. Maybe the price of gas has some feeling a little less enthusiastic. Oh well ....

My schedule has changed, I'll be in St. Louis all of next week, back in KC the week after that and in New York city the week after, so I won't be able to make it.

My wife and I are planning a trip some time in October to go check out the fall foliage. Maybe we can hookup with some others in the area and have dinner or go for drinks. On that note, would you have any recommendations as to a good time to go in October or even a destination?

Thanks for offering to get tickets. That was much appreciated.

Cheers.

TooManyFords
09-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Sorry guys, I just couldn't make it this year and I soooo wanted to see the RenFest.

For those of you who were at my house for the CFR meet, the house is just a memory that I can drive past now. The foreclosure is complete and I've moved to Waterloo, about 6 miles East. Sure was fun while it lasted though.

The move just made a total mess of the last few weeks and as much as I wanted to, I could not make it. There's always next year.

Cheers

John