PDA

View Full Version : F.I.T. will stay

maraudernkc
08-08-2005, 08:51 AM
Thanks for all the phone calls, emails and PM’s sent. The encouragement I received from the members on this site was incredible and defiantly outweighs to negative feedback from a select few.

I started to doubt why I was doing this.

I now know why I started this in the first place.

The Marauder's (awesome machine)

The People on this MM.net web site

I will not allow for a few people get under my skin.

I have never quit anything in my life and I will not be starting now.

I will not quit on the 8 people that had the courage to buy something that was different and new for there Marauder’s.

I am not going to quit on the first person that bought my kit and is no longer on this site.

I am going to do some things differently in the future.

I will not get caught up in the everyday supercharger BS.

I will stay more on the Forced Induction Technologies forum.

Anyone who buys my kit will get Widened wheels $175.00 and converters at cost $699.00.

The F.I.T. Forum will be for people that want to discuss our products. It will not be a place to discuss other blower choices. That can be done in the Garage or one of the other Forums or through a PM.

I will continue to personally congratulate any members that buy a DR kit or a Trilogy kit. (I am the only owner who does this)

I don’t care what supercharger kit any member here buys. That is your own personal choice and you have that right to make that choice. That is why we live where we do.

It would be nice if all the new “what supercharger should I buy” threads would stop. There are enough Threads on superchargers on this site to get any information that you would ever want. It would be nice to see the owners or employees of the supercharger companies answer any prospective customer’s questions and not a member on this site. Do you have a question about one of the kits available? Than contact that company or PM a member that has that kit. I encourage everyone who buys a supercharger kit to drive before you buy. I know that is not always possible.

We know that alot of us do not agree on what type of supercharger should go on a Marauder. This is no secret. We will never agree.

Why keep singing the same song?

Bottom line is that just a few are making difficult for me and I am sure some of you.

I appreciate all the support and hope I can be there for one of you when the glass is half empty. :burnout:

Thanks, Greg

Rider90
08-08-2005, 08:56 AM
I'm glad to hear you made the right decision, Greg.

jstevens
08-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Greg, that's great.

Hope to see you at MVIII.

klmore
08-08-2005, 09:15 AM
Good decision. The best thing to do isn't always the easiest.:)

I wish you continued luck with F.I.T. and the Procharger.:beer:

LordVader
08-08-2005, 09:22 AM
:beatnik: Good to hear Greg. After all we need all the choices we can get. There aren't that many vendors we can go to and get work done on our machines. Each of you are valuable members and resources. Keep up the fine work.

snowbird
08-08-2005, 09:26 AM
Good news and congrats on your decision !

Once in a while, it's very healthy to question ourselves. The support over that kit will grow as more and more people get to know it's simplicity and effectiveness. :)

Bradley G
08-08-2005, 09:28 AM
Don't let the Bastages get you down !
They are not happy anyway! :P

Shaft333
08-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Excellent news indeed!

bigslim
08-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Nice to see you staying at it. I have said along that I wish the BS would stop. Good luck with your business.

RoyLPita
08-08-2005, 10:44 AM
Thank you Greg for making this decision.

MikesMerc
08-08-2005, 11:02 AM
I'm glad to see you've decided to hang in there. It's a very good thing for ALL marauder owners.

It may be a bit much to ask owners of the various kits not to express thier opinions though....especially when asked. I beleive a prospective buyer's best information would come from kit owners. That's just my opinion though and I will do my best to stay out of flame wars.

I will say this in closing (and in support of FIT): with the proper set up the FIT kit can indeed be an excellent choice for the marauder. And that comes from someone all of you know is a happy Trilogy kit owner.

Good luck and keep pushing on.

grampaws
08-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Sounds like a kickass decision:D

stevengerard
08-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Not sure what I missed, this is the first thread I'm viewing but please keep going Greg - if it makes sense for you. Every thing you have ever said to me about products seemed objective and most importantly honest, so keep that up and you'll do great!

maraudernkc
08-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Mike, It's nice too see someone that has made another supercharger choice which was the right descion for him to come on this forum and say what you just said. :beer:

I think prospective buyers should talk to current supercharger owners on this site and the companies themselves but it does not have to be done in the general forum where these supercharger wars get heated and alot of times closed. That's why someone could PM you with a question or comment about your kit or any other kit. Just my 2 cents.

You know as well as I do that if someone starts a thread about what supercharger should I buy than all hell breaks loose.

I'm glad to see you've decided to hang in there. It's a very good thing for ALL marauder owners.
It may be a bit much to ask owners of the various kits not to express thier opinions though....especially when asked. I beleive a prospective buyer's best information would come from kit owners. That's just my opinion though and I will do my best to stay out of flame wars.

I will say this in closing (and in support of FIT): with the proper set up the FIT kit can indeed be an excellent choice for the marauder. And that comes from someone all of you know is a happy Trilogy kit owner.

Good luck and keep pushing on.

MikesMerc
08-08-2005, 12:27 PM
I think prospective buyers should talk to current supercharger owners on this site and the companies themselves but it does not have to be done in the general forum where these supercharger wars get heated and alot of times closed. That's why someone could PM you with a question or comment about your kit or any other kit. Just my 2 cents.

You know as well as I do that if someone starts a thread about what supercharger should I buy than all hell breaks loose.

I fully understand what you're saying and I have to agree. Open SC discussion threads go to hell in a handbasket EVERY time. That's a bummer....but it is a reality.

I suppose trying not to have flaming SC threads is a lot like trying to quit smoking. You might never be completely successful....but you should never want to quit trying:)

I hope there are some FIT cars at MVIII. I am anxious to go for a ride!

maraudernkc
08-08-2005, 12:52 PM
Hwycruiser will be there and I am sure he will let you go for a spin.

I fully understand what you're saying and I have to agree. Open SC discussion threads go to hell in a handbasket EVERY time. That's a bummer....but it is a reality.

I suppose trying not to have flaming SC threads is a lot like trying to quit smoking. You might never be completely successful....but you should never want to quit trying:)

I hope there are some FIT cars at MVIII. I am anxious to go for a ride!

Zack
08-08-2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks for all the phone calls, emails and PM’s sent. The encouragement I received from the members on this site was incredible and defiantly outweighs to negative feedback from a select few.

I started to doubt why I was doing this.

I now know why I started this in the first place.

The Marauder's (awesome machine)

The People on this MM.net web site

I will not allow for a few people get under my skin.

I have never quit anything in my life and I will not be starting now.

I will not quit on the 8 people that had the courage to buy something that was different and new for there Marauder’s.

I am not going to quit on the first person that bought my kit and is no longer on this site.

I am going to do some things differently in the future.

I will not get caught up in the everyday supercharger BS.

I will stay more on the Forced Induction Technologies forum.

Anyone who buys my kit will get Widened wheels $175.00 and converters at cost $699.00.

The F.I.T. Forum will be for people that want to discuss our products. It will not be a place to discuss other blower choices. That can be done in the Garage or one of the other Forums or through a PM.

I will continue to personally congratulate any members that buy a DR kit or a Trilogy kit. (I am the only owner who does this)

I don’t care what supercharger kit any member here buys. That is your own personal choice and you have that right to make that choice. That is why we live where we do.

It would be nice if all the new “what supercharger should I buy” threads would stop. There are enough Threads on superchargers on this site to get any information that you would ever want. It would be nice to see the owners or employees of the supercharger companies answer any prospective customer’s questions and not a member on this site. Do you have a question about one of the kits available? Than contact that company or PM a member that has that kit. I encourage everyone who buys a supercharger kit to drive before you buy. I know that is not always possible.

We know that alot of us do not agree on what type of supercharger should go on a Marauder. This is no secret. We will never agree.

Why keep singing the same song?

Bottom line is that just a few are making difficult for me and I am sure some of you.

I appreciate all the support and hope I can be there for one of you when the glass is half empty. :burnout:

Thanks, Greg

Stay off the computer when you have been drinking. :beer:

maraudernkc
08-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Zack, I was not drinking but I had just got back from an AA meeting. :beer:

I hope a don't fall off the wagon. :lol:

Stay off the computer when you have been drinking. :beer:

MarauderMark
08-08-2005, 02:35 PM
With the great things that you have and will offer this site , things can only get better.Stick around bud.Maybe start advertising on the other sites as well can't hurt any:up:

SergntMac
08-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Bravo, Greg.

It may be a bit much to ask owners of the various kits not to express thier opinions though....especially when asked. I beleive a prospective buyer's best information would come from kit owners. That's just my opinion though and I will do my best to stay out of flame wars. I will say this in closing (and in support of FIT): with the proper set up the FIT kit can indeed be an excellent choice for the marauder. And that comes from someone all of you know is a happy Trilogy kit owner.
Okay...Let's look at this problem objectively, see if grown adults can find a solution. Here's the problem from my point of view, but I'm going to step away from superchargers for a moment.

Chicago is known as a political town, and I have lived here all my life. It's probably no worse, or, no better in any town of any size, but I haven't lived anywhere else. When it's an election year, I hardly watch any television at all. Why? Politicians and their negative electioneering tend to make me ill. I find it distasteful for a candidate to preach to me about voting someone out of office, rather than voting him into office.

The difference lies in the texture of his speech. I want to hear why a particular candidate is going to be a better elected official that the politician holding the office now, rather than listen to story after story (usually untrue) of why the incumbent (or, challenger) should not be voted into office, follow me? I want to hear what the candidate speaking is going to do for me, not what the other candidate is not doing, or, going to do.

Now...Back to superchargers, or, any other stuff we discuss. When the question arises, it can be answered without hostility, if the exchange is limited to the plus side of any particular product by the owner responding with his opinion. Hopefully it will be advice learned in actual experience with the product, and not some swill clipped from a magazine back in '95.

When you answer what the product is capable of, this is a positive post most folks will respect, and it may stimulate more questions from a wider pool of experience. I believe a lot of our qualified members do not respond to questions of advice because they don't want to get involved in the argument, or, become "targets" themselves and I can't say I blame them. Sadly, there is a lot of good advice from very talented people, that doesn't get posted exactly for this reason. No one wants to face a "gang of mutual opinion".

When your advice is negative against competing products, most folks get turned off, and few will get angry because you're slamming something they decided on, and invested in. They were quite pleased with their choice until you tell them they have been stupid. Why go there?

If your advice is "don't buy the X, it doesn't have X, or, X, and you'll need to buy more X to get it to work right", you're not selling the product you believe in, you're just selling yourself as an azzhole. It's a politican's way of selling and it's negative. Don't spend time pointing out the negatives of the competition, answer the question with what is positive about the product you believe in and explain why. Let those who ask draw their own conclusions about which product is superior.

On occassion, I offer my opinion about products which include negatives, but only after I have tested more than one product, and tested it myself. Only after a side by side real-world comparasion, is listing the "can" and "can't" of any product helpful to anyone, and because it's fair and meant to be free of personal bias.

I suggested to Administrators just yesterday afternoon, that vendors be asked to prepare a positive "sales pitch" for their products on this board, explaining all the benefits, as a post. Then we store that here in a locked forum we can link to when folks drop in with questions. They can start there, then come ask for owner impressions. Hopefully, they will get positive replys from owners too, not a list of what's wrong with the competition. If we try it this way, maybe...Just maybe, we'll get through a supercharger thread.

OTOH...We love the bickering, don't we?

MM03MOK
08-08-2005, 02:56 PM
I suggested to Administrators just yesterday afternoon, that vendors be asked to prepare a positive "sales pitch" for their products on this board, explaining all the benefits, as a post. Then we store that here in a locked forum we can link to when folks drop in with questions. They That can either be done in Reviews (can't be locked) or a sticky thread in a vendor forum.

Mike M
08-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Bravo, Greg.

Okay...Let's look at this problem objectively, see if grown adults can find a solution. Here's the problem from my point of view, but I'm going to step away from superchargers for a moment.

Chicago is known as a political town, and I have lived here all my life. It's probably no worse, or, no better in any town of any size, but I haven't lived anywhere else. When it's an election year, I hardly watch any television at all. Why? Politicians and their negative electioneering tend to make me ill. I find it distasteful for a candidate to preach to me about voting someone out of office, rather than voting him into office.

The difference lies in the texture of his speech. I want to hear why a particular candidate is going to be a better elected official that the politician holding the office now, rather than listen to story after story (usually untrue) of why the incumbent (or, challenger) should not be voted into office, follow me? I want to hear what the candidate speaking is going to do for me, not what the other candidate is not doing, or, going to do.

Now...Back to superchargers, or, any other stuff we discuss. When the question arises, it can be answered without hostility, if the exchange is limited to the plus side of any particular product by the owner responding with his opinion. Hopefully it will be advice learned in actual experience with the product, and not some swill clipped from a magazine back in '95.

When you answer what the product is capable of, this is a positive post most folks will respect, and it may stimulate more questions from a wider pool of experience. I believe a lot of our qualified members do not respond to questions of advice because they don't want to get involved in the argument, or, become "targets" themselves and I can't say I blame them. Sadly, there is a lot of good advice from very talented people, that doesn't get posted exactly for this reason. No one wants to face a "gang of mutual opinion".

When your advice is negative against competing products, most folks get turned off, and few will get angry because you're slamming something they decided on, and invested in. They were quite pleased with their choice until you tell them they have been stupid. Why go there?

If your advice is "don't buy the X, it doesn't have X, or, X, and you'll need to buy more X to get it to work right", you're not selling the product you believe in, you're just selling yourself as an azzhole. It's a politican's way of selling and it's negative. Don't spend time pointing out the negatives of the competition, answer the question with what is positive about the product you believe in and explain why. Let those who ask draw their own conclusions about which product is superior.

On occassion, I offer my opinion about products which include negatives, but only after I have tested more than one product, and tested it myself. Only after a side by side real-world comparasion, is listing the "can" and "can't" of any product helpful to anyone, and because it's fair and meant to be free of personal bias.

I suggested to Administrators just yesterday afternoon, that vendors be asked to prepare a positive "sales pitch" for their products on this board, explaining all the benefits, as a post. Then we store that here in a locked forum we can link to when folks drop in with questions. They can start there, then come ask for owner impressions. Hopefully, they will get positive replys from owners too, not a list of what's wrong with the competition. If we try it this way, maybe...Just maybe, we'll get through a supercharger thread.

OTOH...We love the bickering, don't we?

You hit the nail on the head. When the "what supercharger" question comes up the first thing people do is start saying "what supercharger not to use", and this will always get a bunch of people going.

Joe Walsh
08-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Greg, I'm glad to hear that you are sticking with it and will continue selling your F.I.T. Procharger kit. :2thumbs:

maraudernkc
08-08-2005, 03:59 PM
This is a very good point. I don't talk about alot of products because I have never tested them or tryed them. If that is the case than I just don't talk about what I don't know.

This is not a dish on anyone but there are people talking about products they have never tested.

SergntMac, thanks for a good point

On occassion, I offer my opinion about products which include negatives, but only after I have tested more than one product, and tested it myself

OTOH...We love the bickering, don't we?[/QUOTE]

Cobra25
08-08-2005, 04:14 PM
Thank's for sticken it out. You did the right thing!

maraudernkc
08-08-2005, 04:20 PM
Cobra25, It's very nice to hear that from the T crowd.

Thank You!

Thank's for sticken it out. You did the right thing!

MikesMerc
08-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Don't spend time pointing out the negatives of the competition, answer the question with what is positive about the product you believe in and explain why. Let those who ask draw their own conclusions about which product is superior.

Every product on the market, superchargers included, have good points and bad points. What you seem to be suggesting is the offering of opinions on the positives only. Unfortunately, all that does is offer the reader half the story and completely shortchanges the discussion. When is the last time you read a good solid review of anything that didn't discuss both the good points, and the bad points? Pick up consumer reports and thumb through it. You can apply this to everything....services, movies, cars, etc,etc,etc. Bottom line, you need both sides, the good and the bad, to make any fair judgement at all.

What really needs to happen is for vendors and thier "supporters" to admit that their are indeed "bad points" or "weaknesses" to the products they sell/like, then explain how the positives outwiegh the negatives. Life is a trade off. Everything is a compromise to some extent. Potential buyers respect vendors that acknowledge the weaknesses in their products/services (because all products have weaknesses), and they buy them when they are convinced the positives outwiegh them. Every SC kit on this board has strengths and weaknesses. And, yes, the Trilogy kit has its weaknesses too.

Candy coating opinions and providing half truths is nice for politics, but it does little to fully inform the reader. Staying civil with one another and discussing both the positives and negatives of the various choices is the answer. Furthermore, only the potential buyer with his/her personal preferences and objectives can fully wiegh the positives and negatives and determine which product best fits the intended application.

I hope Greg doesn't mind me posting this here. I know we have discussed what I am saying here before and I think he appreciated this point of view.

jgc61sr2002
08-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Greg - I also think you made the right decision. :up:

maraudernkc
08-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Mike, anyone can post here as long as it is civil as it now. Thanks for keeping it that way. :)

It's nice to see that we can have diffrent superchargers and get along.

Like you said all blowers including the Procharger kit have there + & -.

Every product on the market, superchargers included, have good points and bad points. What you seem to be suggesting is the offering of opinions on the positives only. Unfortunately, all that does is offer the reader half the story and completely shortchanges the discussion. When is the last time you read a good solid review of anything that didn't discuss both the good points, and the bad points? Pick up consumer reports and thumb through it. You can apply this to everything....services, movies, cars, etc,etc,etc. Bottom line, you need both sides, the good and the bad, to make any fair judgement at all.

What really needs to happen is for vendors and thier "supporters" to admit that their are indeed "bad points" or "weaknesses" to the products they sell/like, then explain how the positives outwiegh the negatives. Life is a trade off. Everything is a compromise to some extent. Potential buyers respect vendors that acknowledge the weaknesses in their products/services (because all products have weaknesses), and they buy them when they are convinced the positives outwiegh them. Every SC kit on this board has strengths and weaknesses. And, yes, the Trilogy kit has its weaknesses too.

Candy coating opinions and providing half truths is nice for politics, but it does little to fully inform the reader. Staying civil with one another and discussing both the positives and negatives of the various choices is the answer. Furthermore, only the potential buyer with his/her personal preferences and objectives can fully wiegh the positives and negatives and determine which product best fits the intended application.

I hope Greg doesn't mind me posting this here. I know we have discussed what I am saying here before and I think he appreciated this point of view.

NAVCHAP
08-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Greg: Wishing you the best, appreciate your efforts. I know first hand that HWY Cruiser and TMAC are both totally happy with your work and with the finished product. You have left this site in better shape than you found it, and not all of us can say that. Regards and Blessings, -kjs-

maraudernkc
08-08-2005, 07:12 PM
I appreciate the kind words and God Bless.

Greg

Greg: Wishing you the best, appreciate your efforts. I know first hand that HWY Cruiser and TMAC are both totally happy with your work and with the finished product. You have left this site in better shape than you found it, and not all of us can say that. Regards and Blessings, -kjs-

bigslim
08-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Greg, you know that I have always been one to tell people to buy what they want. I feel that all of the superchargers work for our cars when applied correctly. If I have post something out of my norm it is because of something was said that was untrue. Glad to see you here and can't wait to welcome HwyCruiser here for MVIII. Good luck with F.I.T.

maraudernkc
08-09-2005, 06:43 AM
bigslim, thanks for the post and I know that you are one of the good guys.

Your making toughf on me with those smokin times you guys keep reeling off! :burnout:

Greg, you know that I have always been one to tell people to buy what they want. I feel that all of the superchargers work for our cars when applied correctly. If I have post something out of my norm it is because of something was said that was untrue. Glad to see you here and can't wait to welcome HwyCruiser here for MVIII. Good luck with F.I.T.

TooManyFords
08-09-2005, 08:56 AM
I'm glad you changed your mind Greg. I would -hate- to have to come down there!! (just kidding!)

Huzzah!

John

PS: Predator is on its way to Dave. Can't wait to get that flip-chip!

SergntMac
08-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Pick up consumer reports and thumb through it. You can apply this to everything....services, movies, cars, etc,etc,etc. Bottom line, you need both sides, the good and the bad, to make any fair judgement at all. I almost agree. Consumer reports is in the business of evaluating products, so, good and bad points go with that game, and I would consider them free of bias in side by side comparasions. That's not what is happening here. When someone solicits an opinion from an owner, it could be very difficult for that owner to see the shortcomings after investment. Moreover, to call a trait a shortcoming, or, a bad point, is a decision of the audience, yes?

It's just a suggestion, and now that it's out there, things can only improve. This improvement will be at the hands of the owner crafting his post in reply, and compliance cannot be enforced. We'll just have to wait and see?

SergntMac
08-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Pick up consumer reports and thumb through it. You can apply this to everything....services, movies, cars, etc,etc,etc. Bottom line, you need both sides, the good and the bad, to make any fair judgement at all. Ummm...You may have started a train of honest reply about Consumer Reports, and it doesn't look favorable, IMHO.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=20357

MikesMerc
08-09-2005, 04:27 PM
See below.

MikesMerc
08-09-2005, 04:30 PM
Consumer reports is in the business of evaluating products, so, good and bad points go with that game, and I would consider them free of bias in side by side comparasions. That's not what is happening here. When someone solicits an opinion from an owner, it could be very difficult for that owner to see the shortcomings after investment.

I see your point and it does have validity. On the other hand, the purchaser of a product can often times offer up the harshest criticism if they are unsatisfied. We seen this before on this board as well. The possibility of such critiscism is the "control" on overly biased opinions. The fact that we don't see much of that in regards to the SC kits is really just a testiment to how good ALL of the kits are.

Open opinions are the way to go....if we can keep them civil. If folks cannot offer a fair and balanced opinion of a products pros and cons as it is applied to the intended application, then its best to say nothing at all IMOHO.

Moreover, to call a trait a shortcoming, or, a bad point, is a decision of the audience, yes?

Agreed. That's why I said earlier:

"Furthermore, only the potential buyer with his/her personal preferences and objectives can fully wiegh the positives and negatives and determine which product best fits the intended application."

MikesMerc
08-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Ummm...You may have started a train of honest reply about Consumer Reports, and it doesn't look favorable, IMHO.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=20357

Not sure what your getting at :confused:

Are you calling me "stupid" now too for making the comparsion?

Anyway, I'm no fan of Consumer Reports. I only point to it as it is a good example of the typical product reviews we see everywhere. I can't think of ANY published reviews that don't cover the bad along with the good. Credible or otherwise.

Anyway, lets not crap up greg's thread any further. I'd be happy to take this to PM or another thread:)

SergntMac
08-09-2005, 06:05 PM
PM?

Naah...No better than what we're doing now. Jousting on line.

You have my number, or, you should. I can send it again, just ask?