PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust resonators

txmarauder
08-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Did all MM come with them. I bought my MM as a demo with 4k and looked into the tailpipe and see not resonator, there is a smaller pipe but like 2 in dia. The tips look like the orig. Just curious,

TAF
08-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Did all MM come with them. I bought my MM as a demo with 4k and looked into the tailpipe and see not resonator, there is a smaller pipe but like 2 in dia. The tips look like the orig. Just curious,Yes...original tips have 21/4" pipe in them.

SergntMac
08-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Did all MM come with them. I bought my MM as a demo with 4k and looked into the tailpipe and see not resonator, there is a smaller pipe but like 2 in dia. The tips look like the orig. Just curious, TAF is right. The OEM Meg's tip IS a resonator, and all MMs came from the factory with these resonators in place...

Except for the lone white MM with the 5.4L Lightening engine and passenger door lock that belongs to someone's mom...

wchain
08-10-2005, 02:28 PM
^^^
What TAF Said.

ctrcbob
08-10-2005, 04:52 PM
I purchased my MM used. The previous owner replaced the stock exaust with Flowmaster 50's and replaced the resonator tips with different stainless tips.
Looks nice, but it was too loud. I took it to a local muffler shop and had him put in resonators just in front of the tips. Still has a nice sound, but quieter.

Resonators do not cause any back pressure. You can look right through them, however the inside has what looks like louvers which catch the sound waves.