PDA

View Full Version : A TCE Kudo

Marauder8
08-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Hi,
Since I sold my Marauder to J Dando, who has it supercharged now (KUDOS),I have not been on the board as much.
I think that anyone doing a fast scenerio for their MM (and I know stock they r fast), A whoa should be a factor.
I recently did Mary & Bob's MM (Blackbird) for stopping power. I used the TCE front Wilwood set up, the same as I had on my MM before I sold it, and I can testify that the stopping power of the Blackbird has increased tenfold.
My hat is off to Todd the Brake Dude for coming up with such a product.
If I did this mod to just my car, you would say (whatever), now that I have done this to the Blackbird, let me tell you that TCE has a product that is correct and does everything that it is stated to do (depending on your need).
On J Dando's MM, there is also a TCE set up on the rear. That was done for cosmetic reasons. But ask J, it does look kewl!!!
Anyone cosidering a brake enhancement, I will say that TCE is the way to go.
This is just my 2 cents.
BTW, I now own an 05 Mustang GT. Still a Ford person and always will be.

Thank You for your time,
Ron

jgc61sr2002
08-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Ron - Good luck with the new Mustang. :D A very nice looking ride. :up:

SergntMac
08-11-2005, 05:14 PM
I like Todd's (TCE) work too, and he's a great guy to chat with too.

I would like to remind the younger (meaning newer) crowd here that TCE offers a stainless steel braided brake line kit for the Marauder, front and rear. My (and SlowPoke's) kit has been in service over a year now, with no issues what so ever. A good upgrade for great braking, that doesn't break the wallet.

Slowpoke
08-11-2005, 05:39 PM
I like Todd's (TCE) work too, and he's a great guy to chat with too.

I would like to remind the younger (meaning newer) crowd here that TCE offers a stainless steel braided brake line kit for the Marauder, front and rear. My (and SlowPoke's) kit has been in service over a year now, with no issues what so ever. A good upgrade for great braking, that doesn't break the wallet.

I agree.

Those stainless steel braided brake lines make a real difference in the feel of the brakes. No doubt about it.

And when I took it in for an oil change at a Ford dealer on Saturday, the guys noticed them and gave me their stamp of approval.

Fourth Horseman
08-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Just wanted to add my note of appreciation for the TCE kit. Put mine on about a month ago and Todd's been great about answering my dumb questions and helping me out during my install. Very pleased with the service.

I put the TCE braided brake lines on all four corners when I upgraded to the front big brake kit and my new rear PowerSlot rotors and Hawk pads. I really thought that the lines were mostly for durability and (dare I say it) show. Do they really make that big of a difference? I guess the rubber stock lines flex more than I thought, eh?

In any event, I'm very happy with my TCE kit. The performance is great and it was easy for a total newb like me to install, too. Thanks, Todd! :bows:

RF Overlord
08-18-2005, 01:30 PM
OK, I was FINALLY able to pry the Blackbird away from the Bunny Lady for 5 minutes and take it for a ride. I must say the braking is markedly improved! The pedal feels firmer and braking action starts with less pedal travel. The car really does seem to "hunker down" with no noticeable nose-dive.

Once again, Scott and Ron at Fenner's Auto have done me proud...and a big thanks to Todd at TCE for a well-engineered product. EVERYTHING needed for the install, all the necessary hardware and instructions, even a very nice description of the proper method for bedding in the pads is provided.

I highly recommend TCE's Plus 1 brake upgrade...

merc
08-18-2005, 01:54 PM
What RF said ":pimp: "

Todd TCE
08-18-2005, 06:47 PM
Some day I have to get you guys into some REAL pads too....

Then you can do this!

http://funkadelic.org/i/misc/wayot/sjgp/GX4A4305.jpg

torinodan
08-18-2005, 06:55 PM

Then you can do this!

RIGHT, We'll just look better doing that!

Fourth Horseman
08-19-2005, 08:12 AM

Then you can do this!

I imagine a two ton car can get the brakes lit up like that pretty quickly. :burnout: