PDA

View Full Version : Procharger at MVIII

HwyCruiser
08-17-2005, 06:39 PM
For any members at MVIII and checking in on the board... if your interested in a test drive in a F.I.T. Procharger Marauder look me up.

BigSlim took it for a spin around the private track and MikesMerc has dibs on a drive sometime this week. I'm OK with amusing the Trilogy guys (I'm still up for that Trilogy test drive BigSlim) but maybe I can get some prospective supercharger owners some seat time with the F.I.T. Procharger.

Just look for the Marauder with the snow plow...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/vbgarage.php?do=getimage&id=406

maraudernkc
08-17-2005, 06:44 PM
JD, That is very kind of you.

Where did you want to get that steak dinner and drinks at in KC? :)

STLR FN
08-17-2005, 06:47 PM
JD will you be at Trilogy tomorrow morning or at the registration/Woodward lap? I'm interested in a ride-along.

HwyCruiser
08-17-2005, 07:00 PM
JD will you be at Trilogy tomorrow morning or at the registration/Woodward lap? I'm interested in a ride-along.

I'll be going on a couple of the tours tomorrow, but look me up at breakfast around 7:30am and we'll coordinate something. Just look for the guy wearing a Procharger lanyard. :)

MarauderMark
08-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Man i wish i were there.. :alone:

STLR FN
08-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Which brefas? Trilogy's or.... I'll be at Trilogy's @8:30 or so, then I'll head home to clean up one filty-azz Marauder for later in the day. If I don't see you at brefas, I'll try to get with you later in the day at the hotel for registration.
I'll be going on a couple of the tours tomorrow, but look me up at breakfast around 7:30am and we'll coordinate something. Just look for the guy wearing a Procharger lanyard. :)

bigslim
08-17-2005, 09:48 PM
JD, your car is indeed very nice ;) . I really enjoyed the drive in it. Greg, you have a very nice product. The offer still holds to you. Can't wait for Friday. BTW, I have to give kudo's to JD for coming here and being the lone Procharger guy. He will tell you that we aren't a bad bunch :) . I hope you are enjoying yourself as well as everyone else. :D

maraudernkc
08-18-2005, 06:32 AM
bigslim, I hope JD can get a ride in your car and maybe you guys can hook up on Friday. Sounds like alot of fun.

Have a great time and be safe! :)

JD, your car is indeed very nice ;) . I really enjoyed the drive in it. Greg, you have a very nice product. The offer still holds to you. Can't wait for Friday. BTW, I have to give kudo's to JD for coming here and being the lone Procharger guy. He will tell you that we aren't a bad bunch :) . I hope you are enjoying yourself as well as everyone else. :D

HwyCruiser
08-18-2005, 06:48 PM
STLR FN, Sorry we couldn't hook up today, a few of us headed out early to the Automotive Hall of Fame and the Henry Ford and Chrysler Museums. There's still a couple of days yet although they sure are flying by.

Greg, you should have come! I'm having a blast up here. This place is a car nut's playground, although the roads are in pretty rough shape. Three of us went in my Marauder to grab a quick dinner tonight and we had a new Corvette for dessert at a stop light on the way back (ummm, tasty). The drive-by look we got was priceless. :confused:

MarauderMike
08-18-2005, 07:36 PM
STLR FN, Sorry we couldn't hook up today, a few of us headed out early to the Automotive Hall of Fame and the Henry Ford and Chrysler Museums. There's still a couple of days yet although they sure are flying by.

Greg, you should have come! I'm having a blast up here. This place is a car nut's playground, although the roads are in pretty rough shape. Three of us went in my Marauder to grab a quick dinner tonight and we had a new Corvette for dessert at a stop light on the way back (ummm, tasty). The drive-by look we got was priceless. :confused:

Somehow we need to rig cameras to our cars for just these moments!! :D

maraudernkc
08-18-2005, 07:58 PM
I wish I was there but working two jobs does not give me alot of extra time during the week.

Sounds like your desert was very tasty. :)

MarauderTJA
08-19-2005, 06:09 AM

Glad to hear you are having a great time. Thanks for being there to represent the Procharger F.I.T. group.:beer:

HwyCruiser
08-19-2005, 01:26 PM
Wow, Milan was a blast!

My best time was 12.6 sec @ 109.5 mph with a 0.06 sec reaction time and a 1.95 sec 60 ft. Not too bad for a ham & egger! I almost figured out my launch technique, but my burnouts need a lot of work. I'll post that timeslip when I get back, but I've got a fistful of them to study over.

My favorite timeslip though is edging BigSlim out by 0.0032 seconds on the first elimination of the bracket racing... then I got kicked out by under 0.01 seconds in the 2nd round. Too much fun!

All the Trilogy guys have been really welcoming. I want to thank one person in particular... BigSlim, you're a real gentleman! :up:

Merc-O-matic
08-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Great to see everyone coming together no matter
what make/model supercharger/mods they have..........
The bottom line is we all love these cars...enjoy. :rasta:

Gotta Love It! :beer:

MarauderMike
08-19-2005, 08:40 PM
HwyCruiser had some great runs today. Everyone seemed to have a great time and what a great turn out of spectators, we thank you all for the support. Weather was hot and humid, almost as bad as Indianapolis was last year. Tomorrow is the big one on Woodward Ave. and it was hopping again tonight.

bigslim
08-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Wow, Milan was a blast!

My best time was 12.6 sec @ 109.5 mph with a 0.06 sec reaction time and a 1.95 sec 60 ft. Not too bad for a ham & egger! I almost figured out my launch technique, but my burnouts need a lot of work. I'll post that timeslip when I get back, but I've got a fistful of them to study over.

My favorite timeslip though is edging BigSlim out by 0.0032 seconds on the first elimination of the bracket racing... then I got kicked out by under 0.01 seconds in the 2nd round. Too much fun!

All the Trilogy guys have been really welcoming. I want to thank one person in particular... BigSlim, you're a real gentleman! :up:
Thanks for the compliment JD. You are too indeed a great guy. So glad to have you here. Hope you have and will continue to enjoy yourself. BTW, that car is a sweet ride.

grampaws
08-19-2005, 10:52 PM
I was there unfortunately..Had to get back ....

I would have loved to have done a ride along...:coolman:

ik04
08-20-2005, 03:50 AM
The Pro charger car was an excellent spectacle to behold, Haveing my azz handed to me every other run was a reality check.A Geat time was had by all!
Thanks for taking the road less traveled!

sailsmen
08-20-2005, 06:08 AM
Congratulations on a great time!

Especially the R/T! :bows:

How do you like the Konig Wheels are there any clearance isues?

MarauderTJA
08-20-2005, 06:29 AM
Great to see everyone coming together no matter
what make/model supercharger/mods they have..........
The bottom line is we all love these cars...enjoy. :rasta:

Gotta Love It! :beer:
Ditto to that.:) It is the overall love for our cars regardless of the power adders or just n/a. Wish I could have been there.

Smokie
08-20-2005, 06:38 AM
'Cruiser congratulations on what seems to be, based on early returns one of the best runs at Milan, I haven't seen anything faster than 12.6 posted yet, Defyant also ran 12.6 and I get the impression that personal bests will be hard to find at Milan.

Much like Indy last year where most folks were running about .5 sec. slower than their best times, again congratulations on a great time ...wish I could have made it there.:)

MarauderTJA
08-20-2005, 07:00 AM
'Cruiser congratulations on what seems to be, based on early returns one of the best runs at Milan, I haven't seen anything faster than 12.6 posted yet, Defyant also ran 12.6 and I get the impression that personal bests will be hard to find at Milan.

Much like Indy last year where most folks were running about .5 sec. slower than their best times, again congratulations on a great time ...wish I could have made it there.:)
I heard that it was hot & humid there which no question affected everyones time slips. HwyCrusier and Defyant probably would both had lower et's. I am sure that all of the MM's there impressed many people. Can't wait for it to cool down here so we can all go to the track and burn some rubber. Hopefully most us can make the Gainesville event next month to get us ready for the Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout in November at Atlanta Dragway. We all should have a blast together.:banana: Anxiously lookng forward to both events.

TooManyFords
08-20-2005, 08:23 AM
Woot! Sure wish I could have been there to hand out tissues too.

And this was your first time JD? Not too shabby, my friend.

We need to get some track time together one of these days.

Huzzah!

John

BillyGman
08-20-2005, 11:58 AM
Three of us went in my Marauder to grab a quick dinner tonight and we had a new Corvette for dessert at a stop light on the way back (ummm, tasty). The drive-by look we got was priceless. :confused:LOL...way to go. :up: :banana2: I know that feeling. Vettes are no slouches, and it's so cool to be able to walk right by them with our big heavy cars even when they're winding the snot out of their engines trying to keep up. And after both parties mellow out, it's so amusing to see that look on their face when they realized they were beat. It's a look that's worth a thousand words alright. If I had to guess what they're thinking at that moment, I'd have to say that it must be something like ....."What the @%*!, I just got beat by a taxi cab with mag wheels".......:baaa: :baaa: :baaa:

BTW, from what I'm reading, I think that Barry(aka "Cruztaker") had the best ET of the day(12.58).

HwyCruiser
08-20-2005, 04:16 PM
Congratulations on a great time!

Especially the R/T! :bows:

How do you like the Konig Wheels are there any clearance isues?

Thanks sailsmen... they told me to floor it on the 3rd yellow and I did... not to hard right? :rolleyes:

I've been driving on the Konigs and Nitto DRs all week and haven't had any clearance problems. I've been getting a ton of complements on them. Everyone tells me they look much better in person than the pics I posted.

HwyCruiser
08-20-2005, 04:22 PM

I don't think I'm even close to the fasted ET for the day yesterday. What was really impressive is that Defyant was ripping off the 12's pretty consistently with street tires. Now that's talent. :bows:

Not knowing any better, I was expecting to pull off low 13's with the drag radials. Being in the mid-12's is definately satisfying. I can't wait to see what she'll do on a cool night.

HwyCruiser
08-20-2005, 04:31 PM
Woot! Sure wish I could have been there to hand out tissues too.

And this was your first time JD? Not too shabby, my friend.

We need to get some track time together one of these days.

Huzzah!

John

Now John, just because I may have passed up a Trilogy or two :D :up: that doesn't mean we have to rub it in. There were plenty of heavyweights around there to set me straight.

This was my 3rd time out. The 1st time was in Indy, where I pulled out a 14.4 sec 1/4 mile on everything but the blower and drag radials. Not impressive enough for me to post a timeslip. The 2nd time was trying to work with the new boost on street tires which was a complete failure. Again, no timeslips worth posting then either.

But now that I've got the drag radials, I think I did as good as I'm going to without some cool air. I'm pretty happy the blower dropped my 1/4 mile time by 1.8 seconds since the temperature and humidity was so similar to Indy last year.

Yup, we need to get together on a cool night and put these drag radials on YOUR Marauder. I'm quite certain with what I know now that you'd be in the 11's. You pick up a lot more speed than I do in the 2nd 1/8th mile.

Smokie
08-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Now John, just because I may have passed up a Trilogy or two :D :up: that doesn't mean we have to rub it in. There were plenty of heavyweights around there to set me straight....What times did you see that were faster than yours??? You don't have to tell us names, but you could tell us about how fast you saw.

sailsmen
08-20-2005, 04:41 PM
I think with some practice on your launch you could knock .2 off your 60'. :2thumbs:

We have very similar set ups. :D

HwyCruiser
08-20-2005, 07:53 PM
What times did you see that were faster than yours??? You don't have to tell us names, but you could tell us about how fast you saw.

Smokie, I spent most of my time either on the track or in the prep area. I only went up to the stands a couple of times to chat with a few people and I wasn't paying much attention to what everyone else was running. Maybe we'll get some feedback once some of the spectators / other racers starting getting home. Sorry for the lack of info.

bigslim
08-20-2005, 09:42 PM
Trilogy 1 car ran a 11.5 and MikesMerc ran an 11.9.

STLR FN
08-20-2005, 10:03 PM
JD,

Too bad Woodward closed down at 9pm but thanks for the short little sprint we had. I was looking for the full on throttle. It definitely was a teaser to what lurks under the hood. Oh Well may be next time we hook up...

MikesMerc
08-21-2005, 05:20 AM
WOW! Hats off to the FIT Procharger car!

JD, your car rocked on the track all day long. Congrats!

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to go for a ride. Administrative duties had me hopping all week long. Doesn't matter, though, your car obviously makes some serious power.

:2thumbs:

MarauderTJA
08-21-2005, 08:11 AM
Trilogy 1 car ran a 11.5 and MikesMerc ran an 11.9.
Extremely impressive times.:beer: Bet the heat didn't help either.

MikesMerc
08-21-2005, 06:40 PM
Extremely impressive times.:beer: Bet the heat didn't help either.

Yep. The heat was bad, but the traction was far worse. My best 60 foot for the day was a 1.92. Most were over 2.XX. Previous outtings I've been in the 1.7X range. I've known for the last few outings it was time to get some new drag radials but I put it off...and paid the price. Although the track was prepped okay for some, my 2 year old tires were hard as rock and did not get sticky with the burn out.

On the plus side my 118 mph trap speed in 90 degree heat is encouraging :banana: It should be in the mid 11s with traction. I have some new Nittos on order :)

Hack Goby
08-23-2005, 06:03 AM
Even in the heat there were some pretty good times and speeds in test and tune but the trophys were for bracket racing and best ET was Jeff Viens from Quebec(Trilogy) 12.32 High speed was Mike Z. 117.51(Trilogy) but the feather in your cap(Procharger)was HwyCruiser was in the first ever Procharger vs. Trilogy race knocking off BigSlim buy 0.0032 so congrats to you guys you have a nice product. :beer: It all was friendly and I think there is a new found respect for each other now that we have meet in person and not slinging the mud that we were earlyer hiding behind the keybord.

MikesMerc
08-23-2005, 10:50 AM
It all was friendly and I think there is a new found respect for each other now that we have meet in person and not slinging the mud that we were earlyer hiding behind the keybord.

So true. I don't really beleive in the "SC Wars" myslef. Its the people behind the keyboards, not the blowers, that cause strife. My hats off to the FIT kit and hwycruiser for being the sole guy to carry the banner into the motor city.

hwycruiser, I hope you found your stay here welcoming and supportive. The MCM crew is truly a bunch of great people who could care less about what blower you have, or if you have one at all. I hope you felt that during your trip to MVIII:)