PDA

View Full Version : Marauders in the Twin Cities

Eric91Z
08-18-2005, 10:39 AM
Well, since I am getting close to being ready to buy a Marauder, finally, I have been looking in Autotrader. I have found 2 in the Twin Cities area. Just wondering if anyone has any input on either of these 2 places and, if you had the time, could check out the Marauders at either place:

Saxon Ford
225 University Ave
Saint Paul, MN
2003 black Marauder, 34,000 miles
AD: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=187286117&dealer_id=1828208&car_year=2003&make=MERC&distance=300&lang=en&max_price=&model=MARAUDER&end_year=2004&sponsorModel=&min_price=&certified=&address=50105&search_type=both&advanced=&start_year=2003&isp=y&cardist=199

Prestige Lincoln Mercury
6661 Wayzata Boulevard
Saint Louis Park, MN 55426 (is this close to Saint Paul)
2004 black Marauder - no miles listed in the listing
AD: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=187063004&dealer_id=89176&car_year=2004&make=MERC&distance=300&lang=en&max_price=&model=MARAUDER&end_year=2004&sponsorModel=&min_price=&certified=&address=50105&search_type=both&advanced=&start_year=2003&isp=y&cardist=197

I am really hoping I will be able to find one relatively close to Iowa so I won't have a long drive home after picking up. No hurry, but if you have time it would be appreciated. And does anyone know where Inver Grove Heights is in Minnesota? There is one there, too. Looks like it might be a suburb of the Twin Cities, too.

jdando
08-18-2005, 10:47 AM
I would be more than happy to look at the one in St. Louis Park! I should be able to check it out tonight. Anything in particular you are looking for?

SLP is a western suburb of Minneapolis about 20 miles west of St. Paul.

jeremy

Well, since I am getting close to being ready to buy a Marauder, finally, I have been looking in Autotrader. I have found 2 in the Twin Cities area. Just wondering if anyone has any input on either of these 2 places and, if you had the time, could check out the Marauders at either place:

Saxon Ford
225 University Ave
Saint Paul, MN
2003 black Marauder, 34,000 miles

Prestige Lincoln Mercury
6661 Wayzata Boulevard
Saint Louis Park, MN 55426 (is this close to Saint Paul)
2004 black Marauder - no miles listed in the listing

I am really hoping I will be able to find one relatively close to Iowa so I won't have a long drive home after picking up. No hurry, but if you have time it would be appreciated.

Eric91Z
08-18-2005, 11:03 AM
I would be more than happy to look at the one in St. Louis Park! I should be able to check it out tonight. Anything in particular you are looking for?

SLP is a western suburb of Minneapolis about 20 miles west of St. Paul.

jeremy

That would be cool. Just wondering what kind of shape it is, how is the paint and interior? And scratches, dents, rips, etc? Smokers car? Correct tires on it?

Just a good looking over of the car for someone interested in buying sight unscene.

Thanks.

jdando
08-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Correct tires on it?
I will verify that they are black and round:D

Ha-ha I slay me.........

jeremy

Eric91Z
08-18-2005, 11:56 AM
I will verify that they are black and round:D

Ha-ha I slay me.........

jeremy

Good, I don't want square. Doesn't ride as well...

Seriously, the reason I ask is because a local Ford Dealership has an '03 that they just put new tires on. They thought they were pretty special for this, except that they put the 235's on all 4 corners. Good thing it is not an '03 300B or '04.

ckadiddle
08-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Hey, the long ride home is the BEST part!

jdando
08-18-2005, 04:42 PM
:(

We are a day late and $24,000 short. The salesman said they just sold it.

The car was 2004, 35,xxx miles.

The price seems high for the mileage to me.

jeremy

Eric91Z
08-18-2005, 05:04 PM
I would have to agree. That is probably why I never got a response from them. Thank you very much for checking on that.

I did get an email from a salesman at Saxon Ford and they still have theirs for sale. But the more I think about it the more I think I want an '04 to have the heated seats, factory sunroof, and T/C since this will be a daily driver in Iowa.

LimoMerc
08-20-2005, 12:21 AM
That dealership blows and I would hate for you or anyone here to experience there attitudes after the sale is complete and you find something (or things) wrong with your car. Try to buy from a private party too, it will be less expensive.

Eric91Z
08-20-2005, 06:11 AM
That dealership blows and I would hate for you or anyone here to experience there attitudes after the sale is complete and you find something (or things) wrong with your car. Try to buy from a private party too, it will be less expensive.

Thanks for the input. I guess the biggest reason I have been looking at ones at dealers is: 1) They seem to have more posted on autotrader.com, and 2) I do want to get an extended warranty and would like to work it in at the time of purchase.

Speaking of extended warranties, does anyone know if you can just go in to a Ford or L/M dealership and purchase from them if you already have the car? I figure it would be easier to do if the car is still under the factory warranty and I do want to find one that has the factory warranty on it. I don't have major modification plans right now, so voiding the warranty is not too much of a concern.