PDA

View Full Version : Drove a Marauder Today

piglet
08-31-2002, 04:56 PM
Gents,

Took a MM out for a ride today. The GM of the dealership just tossed the keys to me and my wife. Put about 20 miles on it. Great car. I know all the fuss about the low end Q. Not the end of the world for me, it really pulls well above 35 miles an hour.

I am not a black car type of guy. I had a brand new 94 Ford Bronco in all black, bought it in flight school from Courtesy Ford in Corpus Christi, TX. Best buying experience of my life. Kept the Bronco for 4 years then had to get rid of it because the extra maintenance of keeping that black beauty looking good. Had to wash it every weekend, those of you who have had a black car know what I am talking about.

It has been raining down here for a week and today the sun popped out. Well after running through the street puddles on the test drive the car looked like ass when we brought it back to the dealership.

Here is my question. Does anyone really know when and what color will be next and is there an schedule for the remaining colors. I have heard that the next color might be Pearl Blue and available by Nov 2002. Not overly impressed with that color either. I want Silver.

My bride is on board for the big win and told me to go ahead and get the black one if I think I can stand it. I don't think I could stand it for 60 months if you know what I am talking about.

The Dealership gave me a price of 2% over invoice which is a markup of $600 bucks, not bad. Just can't bring myself to buy another black ford.

tetsu
08-31-2002, 07:26 PM
At this point. I would not pay invoice anymore

I saw an ad 3 weeks ago that there was a $600 INCENTIVE on
Marauder.

The dealer will keep that for himself if you let them.

In my area I've personally laid eyes on 9 different unsold Marauders.

I have yet to see another MM on the road.

Ironically, I keep seeing MMs on the lot right next to their unsold Blackwood. :)

Johnny

truckracer
09-01-2002, 08:40 AM
This being my first posting in this forum, glad to see a forum up for this Marauder.
Not being an owner at present (M M), but having Ford family in the driveway since 1982, I'll have to agree with piglet.
I've always questioned Mercury for just making one color (blck) and why..???
I believe Mercury would have had much more sells if a lighter color was available.
I'd probably have one in the driveway now.
By the way, nice board, like hearing about the good and bad of the first production run. :D

TR

Logan
09-01-2002, 10:45 AM
All things considered, there have been very few complaints regarding the marauder except for the lack of torque and poor subwoofer installation.

GTPhi95
09-01-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by piglet
Well after running through the street puddles on the test drive the car looked like ass when we brought it back to the dealership.

However, when clean it's tits. ;)

In silver the car would look like just another Crown Vic, imo. Not crazy about the Blue pearl either, so black is best for this ride.

GTPhi95

truckracer
09-01-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Logan
All things considered, there have been very few complaints regarding the marauder except for the lack of torque and poor subwoofer installation.

Logan, I've never seen a new platformed car come out and not have a problem. I hope Mercury does something as to the low torque of these cars, but I stated "good and bad, note good before bad....:D

By the way, what's the make of those subwoofers?

Fourth Horseman
09-01-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by GTPhi95

However, when clean it's tits. ;)

In silver the car would look like just another Crown Vic, imo. Not crazy about the Blue pearl either, so black is best for this ride.

GTPhi95

Agreed! The black is high maintenance, but boy it looks sweet when clean.

I spent most of the day today doing the detail work on my car. Washed and polished the outside, cleaned all the windows inside and out, dusted it on the inside, applied vynil protectant, leather protectant, Mother's Back to Black on all the black trim pieces and vynil protectant on the tire side walls.

Looks seriously sharp. I couldn't help but just walk around it and admire it for a few minutes when I was done. :D