PDA

View Full Version : For the Hawaii-based Marauders

marauder307
08-21-2005, 12:09 PM
As most of you know, I'm headed that way (in just a few weeks, in fact). With all the attention swirling around Marauderville III, I want to make a proposal to all you HI-based Marauder owners: Why not try to set up our own small-scale Marauder owner get-together?

If you like this idea, would you want to have it monthly or yearly? My own vote would go for monthly, because (I think) we're all over there on just a temporary basis and will be moving back to the mainland in a few years anyway; an annual event would simply die from lack of attention 3 years down the road, after we're all gone and moved on. So a monthly event would seem to be better...really would like to get some feedback on this. Y'all let me know!

marauder307
08-23-2005, 05:46 AM
BUMP!

Hello?

Anybody out there?

"reeep, reeep.....reeep, reeep"...

DeepSea117
08-30-2005, 06:08 PM
hahahaha

they've banned all dangerous-looking things in hawaii, like marauders and ak-47's :)

just seeing a marauder over there will either dumbfound you, or get you 3-5 years

and i am TOTALLY kidding!

marauder307
10-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Gotten inspired in the last few days to take this up again...at the detail shop a few days ago, trying for the THIRD time to get rid of all the bugs the shippers smashed into my rearend paint, I was listening to the conversation going on with the detailers.

"Man, dis be a cop car...it's a cop car man."

"Yeah, looks like one of those cars they use up at [some north-end university campus]...I seen two uh dose up dere at the campus. Dey got a black one and a blue one man."

I broke in at that mention. "'Scuse me, did you say a blue one?"

"Yeah man...I seen it. Looks wicked, bra...man if I had one uh deez, I could score some serious tail..."

And the conversation just kinda petered out from there.

Bottom line here is that apparently there's Marauders afoot on Oahu that are being used for LE purposes. I've learned a few things about the local police force. Apparently Honolulu doesn't actually issue vehicles to officers; instead, officers are given a list of approved vehicles (the Marauder being one) and an allotment for the downpayment plus a monthly stipend, and told to go buy their own. This would explain why I've seen some vehicles that aren't normally LE types running around with blue gumball machines or blue strobes on their roofs; saw a Nissan Murano with a blue strobe duct-taped to the roof once, and there's a Pathfinder that regularly patrols H-1 right around the airport. I've also seen a smattering of Mustangs from various years, and driving home two days ago, I saw a black CV LX-Sport with what looked like Marauder rims and a tall whip antenna parked in the service lot of Honolulu Ford. (was able to see the front fascia area, but the rims were partly obscured by misc. junk, and I was looking down from the H-1 overpass so I wasn't able to stop.) I'm guessing that there might be a few service MMs operating in the Kaneohe area.

It would be great to try and assemble a dedicated MM.net subgroup here on Oahu; we are, as MM owners, very much on our own out here on the fringe of the USA and we're each others best resource. We really should try to do this...