PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ready for Cruising Grand this weekend?

kartherma
08-22-2005, 10:44 PM
Hey all, it reallys sounds like MVIII went well!!!

Many of us could not make it for various reasons, most probably due to work related issues.

Anyways, is there anyone out there ready for a meet at Cruising Grand this Friday night? I will have the silver MM there if we can get some others to come that would be GREAT!

TD, congrats on the raffle win!!!

I have duty saturday so that is out, but maybe sunday also is a good time.

let me know how it looks!

be good, curt

torinodan
08-22-2005, 11:24 PM
Don't know, nothing against the silver, but I'd rather see the Black Marauder! Don't forget about the Sept 10th Camp Pendleton car show.... http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=20685

kartherma
08-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Don't know, nothing against the silver, but I'd rather see the Black Marauder! Don't forget about the Sept 10th Camp Pendleton car show.... http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=20685
If things go well and as planned, I should have the Black-un in SoCal by that time.

be good!
curt

DeepSea117
08-23-2005, 07:59 PM
Anyways, is there anyone out there ready for a meet at Cruising Grand this Friday night? I will have the silver MM there if we can get some others to come that would be GREAT!

What's the Cruising Grand?

torinodan
08-23-2005, 08:05 PM
What's the Cruising Grand?Grand is a great tinme to cruise your baby around the street and to get out and look at several hundred other cars at any given time. If you can't make it for this one Deep sea don't worry, it happens every friday. You still have Sept.
http://sandiego.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=sandiego&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.downtownes condido.com%2Fevents%2Fcruisin _grand

NAVCHAP
08-23-2005, 08:56 PM
Gents, will try to be there Friday evening. BTW, thought Torinodan was on his way home.

Will definitely be at the 10 September Camp Pendleton Meet, since they have me down on the schedule for the invocation. Will be wearing the "Good Humor Man" costume, aka summer whites, and will change over after the opening ceremony.

Anyone else want to wear uniforms? -kjs-

torinodan
08-23-2005, 09:07 PM
Gents, will try to be there Friday evening. BTW, thought Torinodan was on his way home.

Will definitely be at the 10 September Camp Pendleton Meet, since they have me down on the schedule for the invocation. Will be wearing the "Good Humor Man" costume, aka summer whites, and will change over after the opening ceremony.

Anyone else want to wear uniforms? -kjs-Whats a uniform? HA HA. Nope, not gone yet. Maybe now Dec, Feb something. I'll keep you informed. YO YO, YO YO, YO YO....boing, you know the story Keith. Talk to you later.

69mach1
08-24-2005, 11:00 AM
I will be there this Friday with my Silver 04, where & when do you guys meet?

See you there :cool:

Jon aka 69mach1 :burnout:

torinodan
08-24-2005, 11:43 AM
I will be there this Friday with my Silver 04, where & when do you guys meet?

See you there :cool:

Jon aka 69mach1 :burnout:We get together off the back side of Grand at 2nd and Broadway

kartherma
08-24-2005, 08:04 PM
Hello all

I know I started this thread, but now have a possible trip to Yuma on thursday night with a return time of friday afternoon.

Seems Joy's son wrecked her Explorer the other day and since she was all set to drive to Texas on Saturday she is in a bit of a bind. I took her over to the airport yesterday and picked up her cousin who flew in to drive back with her since she had rented a UHaul or something like that.

The Explorer wont be done for a week or more and she wants to get moving. She got an F-150 as a rental for that time and has fallen in love with it. She is considering getting an F-150 now...and that is where the Yuma trip might come in.

Some of you know I have a great relationship with Isaac over at the Ford in Yuma. It seems that there is a bit of a pinch on the availability of the F-150's and other Ford trucks since the inception of the employee priced offers have come out. I spoke to Isaac and he is holding three of his last F-150's for her to look at on Friday if she chooses to go that route. So we will see.

On another note, Kerry tells me this upcoming Cruising Grand is sponsored by his employer and may be able to get a few spots right on Grand for some MM's. He is contemplating bringing his MM and seeing if the fellow who also owns one at his work would bring his in. We may be in for a real treat this friday...

I am pressing to be there friday night, Isaac will take care of Joy whenever she is ready to buy that truck. And I think it is in her best interest to get the car out of the shop so she can trade it in when she buys new. (to get anything but rock-bottom prices from a dealer is a pain, but one in the body shop??? Forget about it)

Ok guys! Be good. I will be up all night for a self imposed duty day... My Biiiig Faaat mouth got me volunteered for some time in the reactor plants while they do some things that not many people here have done (of course I am one of about only 5 here who have done it...)

Be good!
Curt

torinodan
08-24-2005, 08:29 PM
Hey, you can add me to a spot if I'm not working late friday. Oh, I'm staying still December now so I'm told! Hope everything works out with the truck. Is Joy's cousin a she? You know Josh is single..........;)

NAVCHAP
08-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Folks: Working Friday, not sure when we'll be off. It will be hard to say what time to expect me.

Leave ends today. Going to attend the La Mesa Cruise Night this evening.

As you probably know, if going to Escondido from the south, you need to leave San Diego around 1430/2:30PM in order to do the trip in 35 minutes.

Otherwise, it's more like 2 hours and 35 minutes. Not a fun drive, sitting in traffic.

If there's a lot of junk on my desk, it may be hard for me to do the 35 minute version of the drive. There are some potential issues brewing.

So you may see me there at 3PM or you may see me there at 6:30PM. No in between, LOL.

Will go over to the softball field where we park and await further instructions.

T-Dan, call my cell and ring it once, can't find your #. If you do that, then it will get captured in my phone.

Kart, tell Joy that the chaplain said you are "UA" if you don't show up at Grand. Only kidding.

69 Mach, call me and let's see if we can convoy up there. Might be fun.

Regards, -kjs-

sprtyworty
08-26-2005, 07:20 AM
Hawthorne Machinery is co sponsoring the Cruisin Grand tonight. They will have a couple of Cats on display. We were not able to get any parking spaces however. My wife is bringing our MM and I have to work the display so will be there at 4:00 in the Shelby. Yes one of the guys from work will be bringing his MM as well. Hope to see some of you again.

NAVCHAP
08-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Folks: On the way now, going to beat the ugly commute. Mach 1 will be there also, but it looks like Karthema and Torino Dan are not going to make it. I'll be at our designated parking on Broadway and 3rd Ave near the athletic field.

Regards, -kjs-

NAVCHAP
08-26-2005, 09:30 PM
69 Mach 1, Karthema, and I had a great time at Cruising Grand. We saw a fourth MM go by a couple of times, but he did not see us waving. It was Silver Birch.

Stopped by the Hawthorne Cat tent twice but did not see Sporty over there.

Could have easily bought a Viper Pick Up from a sales guy who was pushing really intently, and then dumped me in mid-sentence when he realized he wasn't getting anywhere.

But seriously, if someone is looking for a new SRT 10 pickup with a six speed these folks are desperate to sell it, end of the model year and all. -kjs-

kartherma
08-27-2005, 12:51 PM
I wound up getting off work a bit late but made it up to Grand St.

I had a great time, 69Mach, NavChap and I all drove each others cars and had a blast listening to the loudest dragster competition. I love the smell of top fuel engines and the sound is just that much better.

I am not sure I like my car anymore. After a solid drive in NavChap's MARAUDER I know I will need to get S/C. The way that thing pulls...:banana:

Then I get back in mine...:depress:

But a bit down the road from the switch off I came across two Type-R fasties with large fart cans who both immediately slowed to my speed. After they were sure I was not going to pull them over (making sure it was a marauder if they knew what one was) they both started taunting me.

The really fun part was when I nailed it we were just headed underneath the huge overpass on I-15 near college/El Cahon Blvd. The sound of the two fart cans was added to those two flowmasters and about a car and a half lead.
:shake: I dont know, I think I should put two fart cans on my Marauder, maybe then they will think twice...

be good!
Curt

DeepSea117
08-29-2005, 08:03 PM
damn, i'd like to make one of these! it's an 8-hour cruise for me, but i've been meaning to leg the car out on the 5 (awww yeah!)

any of yall planning on making it to the september events?

NAVCHAP
08-30-2005, 04:38 AM
Can't go to Cruising Grand this week. Conference in Anaheim. Away from San Diego from Thursday afternoon until Saturday evening. Should be available to meet on 09 Sep 05 and 16 Sep 05. Season ends on 30 Sep 05. -kjs-

torinodan
08-30-2005, 12:43 PM
Can't go to Cruising Grand this week. Conference in Anaheim. Away from San Diego from Thursday afternoon until Saturday evening. Should be available to meet on 09 Sep 05 and 16 Sep 05. Season ends on 30 Sep 05. -kjs-Not sure if I'm going to be able to make this one as well. I'm still shooting for the 10th when we have the car show on Camp Pendleton. I hope a few of use can make it then and represent on base. It would be cool just take over our own place in the lot.

NAVCHAP
08-30-2005, 03:49 PM
Will be at Pendleton on Sat 10 Sep 05 since I'm part of the program. It's going to be a nice event, and it's a benefit show for Marines and Sailors. -kjs-

JACook
09-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Will be at Pendleton on Sat 10 Sep 05 since I'm part of the program. It's going to be a nice event, and it's a benefit show for Marines and Sailors. -kjs-Do you still plan to cruise Grand this Friday? Might wanna do both... :-)

kartherma
09-08-2005, 01:26 PM
Sounds good to me, I will not get off the ship until about 3-ish and that will put me up at grand about 5-ish.

be good, curt

torinodan
09-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Do you still plan to cruise Grand this Friday? Might wanna do both... :-)You coming down for two days or just driving down and back up for both of them? I should be able to make both, I'm workind days now.

JACook
09-08-2005, 03:43 PM
You coming down for two days or just driving down and back up for both of them? I should be able to make both, I'm workind days now.I would be making the trip twice. It's not _that_ far, and gas prices seem to be moderating... :-)

torinodan
09-08-2005, 03:45 PM
I would be making the trip twice. It's not _that_ far, and gas prices seem to be moderating... :-)right now gas on base is 2.79, 2.89, and something else.

69mach1
09-09-2005, 02:33 PM
I'll be cruisin' Grand sometime after six tonight.

See you then :burnout:

69mach1

NAVCHAP
09-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Gents: Not going to be able to make it this evening, got too much to do around here. Need to get my uniform ready for tomorrow, and got a lot of little errands. Call my cell if you want to talk about the Camp Pendleton show in the morning. Regards, -kjs-

torinodan
09-09-2005, 10:40 PM
Had a great night tonight at the cruise. We all got to put a face with a name and we looked at some very cool cars. All in all it was a very good time. I hope I get to stay out here long enough to do this a few more times. Thanks for showng up everyone! Now to get ready for a car show. I'll see some of you again in the AM, save the rest of us a spot where we can try to park together.

kartherma
09-10-2005, 02:46 AM
Had a great night tonight at the cruise. We all got to put a face with a name and we looked at some very cool cars. All in all it was a very good time. I hope I get to stay out here long enough to do this a few more times. Thanks for showng up everyone! Now to get ready for a car show. I'll see some of you again in the AM, save the rest of us a spot where we can try to park together.
I had a great time too. I am now just getting in. It seems I will have a bit of a struggle tomorrow... Sara is working early but wants me to call for the evening...but my girl Myla over at Imelda's and I have had plans for many days for tonight...I am supposed to pick her up tomorrow at Imelda's for some, well...ummm, time alone. But at the same time I am gaming the prospect of taking a few of the fella's out for a good night.

HMM, what to do, what to do.

I know...I'll go to bed so I can get up in the morning!
be good folks, see you all there!
Curt

69mach1
09-10-2005, 11:25 PM
It was a great time at the car show. Good people and cool cars. Thanks to all for attending. Looking forward to future events.

It's back to work on the addition and an oil change for the MM

Thanks again,

Jon :burnout:

torinodan
09-11-2005, 12:01 AM
I know of a certain picture I want to see. Come on J, where is it? I cant wait to see the post! hehe:P

NAVCHAP
09-11-2005, 06:47 AM
Outstanding Car Show yesterday, nice drive through the outer edge of Camp Pendleton, and yes, the photo needs to be posted. -kjs-

jabird56
09-11-2005, 11:38 AM

Anyone else want to wear uniforms? -kjs- If I could/would show up I don't think the uniform would fit anymore, since it was 1994 that I had one on. :)

JACook
09-12-2005, 12:48 PM
I know of a certain picture I want to see. Come on J, where is it? I cant wait to see the post! hehe:P
Enjoy. :-)

I'll get the rest of them uploaded to my gallery later...

torinodan
09-12-2005, 01:33 PM
Enjoy. :-)

I'll get the rest of them uploaded to my gallery later...Thanks for the picture, can't wait to see the rest of them.