PDA

View Full Version : California Marauders!!

torinodan
08-22-2005, 11:16 PM
From 69mach1:
Reminder, Reminder, Reminder
Subject: Camp Pendleton Car Show

OK Ladies and Gentlemen -

Here is our opportunity to do something cool as a So-Cal Marauder club. The car show is September the 10 TH at Camp Pendleton. This is on the base and thus the public as a group is Not invited.
It is sponsored by Coke Cola and Hot Rod Magazine.

All proceeds go to the Navy/Marine relief Fund. This gives us a chance as a group to Support our Military.

Here is the web site: www.thecarsarecoming.com (http://www.thecarsarecoming.com/)

Come on, I know of about 5 or 6 of use in very close driving distance to make this. If I'm not heading back to ATL that day I will be there too. Even if we can't make the registration we can still take over a nice hunk of parking lot right? I work there, and I have a few in mind.....Don't worry, we can get on to look at the cars at the show.

ParkRanger
08-23-2005, 08:39 AM
From 69mach1:
Reminder, Reminder, Reminder
Subject: Camp Pendleton Car Show

OK Ladies and Gentlemen -

Here is our opportunity to do something cool as a So-Cal Marauder club. The car show is September the 10 TH at Camp Pendleton. This is on the base and thus the public as a group is Not invited.
It is sponsored by Coke Cola and Hot Rod Magazine.

All proceeds go to the Navy/Marine relief Fund. This gives us a chance as a group to Support our Military.

Here is the web site: www.thecarsarecoming.com (http://www.thecarsarecoming.com/)

Come on, I know of about 5 or 6 of use in very close driving distance to make this. If I'm not heading back to ATL that day I will be there too. Even if we can't make the registration we can still take over a nice hunk of parking lot right? I work there, and I have a few in mind.....Don't worry, we can get on to look at the cars at the show.

Sorry Dan - will be in New Orleans that weekend! :banana2:

PR :burnout:

torinodan
08-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Sorry Dan - will be in New Orleans that weekend! :banana2:

PR :burnout:You lucky dog!! Enjoy and say hello to sailsmen while your at it.

I guess this is for everyone else:
Date: September 10, 2005
Time: 9:00AM - 4:00PM.
Entry: Camp Pendleton Main Gate
Oceanside, CA

torinodan
09-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Anybody else want to come out and play?

NAVCHAP
09-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Folks, I'll be there, doing the invocation for the show in summer whites, then hopefully getting a chance to thanks the sponsors.

A couple of my car buff pals in the area who are regular trophy winners at shows in the area are going to be there. Also they are former Marines, so they have encouraged a few more of our pals to be there.

Unfortunately, the show is full, registration was closed several days ago. However, as long as people have valid paperwork for their vehicles (current registration, current insurance, driver's license or ID card) they can usually enter the gate on Saturdays during daylight hours.

Dan, if you can set up a rally point for those who are not part of the show, it would probably be a good thing. Maybe right across the road at the drive up coffee shop, or in the South Mesa Chapel parking lot, etc.

That is a pretty big lot they are using. However, with the cars on display, and it being a Saturday, and the usual multitudes of spouses and retirees shopping at the commissary, it could be tough trying to get MMs together in that lot.

69 Mach 1 and I will have our cars on display, and his has absolutely no swirls marks, rock chips, or scratches, so he will get the MM.net trophy, LOL.

Also, not to derail the thread, but what is the status of your extension on station at Camp Pendleton?

Thanks, -kjs-

DeepSea117
09-06-2005, 05:04 PM
I'd like to make it, just a very busy weekend for me. Represent the West Coast yall!!

kartherma
09-07-2005, 02:17 PM
I brought Black Beauty back with me and will get her hair and nails done and take her over for the guys to see. Hope to see more than just Torino Dan and NAVCHAP... anyone else got a few hours for the meet on saturday?

be good, Curt

torinodan
09-07-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm thinking a good rally point would be somewhere thats off base but close so we can all drive on together. Whatcha think? NavChap and Kartherma, it would be best if you two set the time to meet because as of right now you two have the longest drive unless anyone comes in from the north.

69mach1
09-08-2005, 09:36 AM
I'm set to be parked with the Shelby Club at this point, maybe I can get Navchap to park with the Shelby's, it would fit right in with the stripes. It will depend on just how much room there is at this show. The Shelby club has around 20 cars attending including my MM and I'm told they have space set aside just for them as a group.

Looking forward to seeing ya'll there.

Jon (Yon) aka 69mach1 :burnout:

JACook
09-08-2005, 11:54 AM
I'm thinking a good rally point would be somewhere thats off base but close so we can all drive on together. Whatcha think? Dan I like this idea. Looks good so far for us to come down, but we can still let Navchap and Kartherma set the time... :-)

kartherma
09-08-2005, 01:37 PM
This looks like a good Idea to me. I am told the show starts at 9 am. 69Mach1 and NAVCHAP will need to be there early enough to have their cars parked so I dont know what kind of time to set for that. As for the rest of us, we could maybe meet early enough to all go in the those two or we could meet closer to 9-ish. Pendleton isnt really that far from the San Diego area so it would not be so bad to go early...(except I like to sleep in...)

So give us some votes guys, meet at:
8am with 69 and NAV
9am with everyone minus 69 and NAV
12am because we got too much partying to do friday night

My vote would be 8-ish in order to avoid any traffic, maybe even earlier. (coffee is so much better in the early morning)

On another note. Seems JA is interested in Cruising Grand tomorrow night. Torino Dan you game? What do you think 69? NAVCHAP mentioned the last one might have been his last for the year, but who knows...he does have a good friend who has a tendency for some miraculous work...

be good,
Curt

torinodan
09-08-2005, 01:57 PM
If your coming north the Dennys right here would be a good place at around 7-8 because the gas station here has a fairly good car wash and we can snag some some coffie for the party people. The base car wash will distroy your paint because of the brushes so try to bring it clean. Curt, I'll call you and Kieth to set up some plans. Jeff, If you have my number handy go ahead and give me a call.
Whatcha think?

kartherma
09-08-2005, 04:56 PM
Sounds really good to me. Denny's/Shell for a car wash at about 7-ish on saturday it is!!

Be good,
Curt

NAVCHAP
09-09-2005, 03:23 PM
See you on board Camp Pendleton in the morning! Not sure if I'm still in the program. Our phone lines were degraded this week. Couldn't reach my voice mail. So I couldn't respond to phone calls from the sponsor.

They may have taken me out of the program. But more importantly, they may have taken my parking space and given it to someone else. The show filled up fast. I might be asking you guys if I can park with y'all.

Going in the base early tomorrow. Want to find the folks who are putting on the event. Will call T-dan when driving through Carlsbad so we can coordinate our participation. Will call back once I know my situation.

Will be in my "Ice Cream Man" suit, LOL. Going to bring civilian change of clothes for the rest of the day. Impossible to keep Summer Whites clean.

Have fun at Cruising Grand tonight. Really need to try to get there next week, 16 Sep 05. That will be my last chance for a while. Can't go on 23 or 30 Sep 05, due to work related commitments.

If I don't go next Friday, it will be at least until the '07 season before I can participate at Cruising Grand again. -kjs-

torinodan
09-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Well, now that I'm recovered. The car show was a blast and a huge success considering getting the 5 of us all together. We had myself, Kartherma, NavChap, JACook, and 69Mach1 show. Jeff has the pictures and will post them soon... I hope. All total there were I think around 210 cars and if this was a prize car show the winner for best modded/bad/cool would have belonged to this car called the "Sniper". I don't have all the details but it was a great looking and well built car.

The only thing left now is the pictures to see how funny we looked and how much sun I got. It was great meeting everyone again and Jon for the first time. Better plan on another gathering before we all get lost on deployments and other task. Later everyone.
Oh, and I did walk away with one prize, it was a pair of BLACK FUZZY DICE!! And they are hanging on my rear view mirror!!:P