PDA

View Full Version : Coming to Itasca tomorrow

CRUZTAKER
08-23-2005, 07:30 PM
I'll be working in the Itasca area through the week, coming home for the wekend, and through the entire following week.

No work closer to home.:mad:

If any of the windy city crew LEO'S...and I know of a few, see a silver 92 crown vic parked in lot with a shabby looking telecom guy sleeping in the back seat....pass the word not to harrass.

Times are tough.;) :D

03marauder
08-23-2005, 07:44 PM
Where in Itasca will you be working? That is the town right next to where I live.

SergntMac
08-23-2005, 07:58 PM
Barry, Itasca is a stone's throw from me, if you don't call or e-mail me...

I'm calling Jessica.

CRUZTAKER
08-23-2005, 08:38 PM
I'll post tomorrow as what facilities I will be at.

Big Joe P
08-24-2005, 10:36 AM
Good to hear, I have a gift for you that I'll bring by. It's for your hospitality at your BBQ.... Let's have the details !!!

Slowpoke
08-24-2005, 10:56 AM
alas.... I have no gift for you. But would be happy to meet you somewhere if you get into the city. I dont even know where Itasca is!

03marauder
08-24-2005, 10:59 AM
Itasca is west of the city, probably about 20-25 miles from downtown off 290.

stevengerard
08-24-2005, 11:50 AM
SInce he will be here this week and next lets try to meet up next Wednesday night on York Road in Elmhurst a mile north of St Charles St. They have a pretty nice car show every Wednesday night. Elmhurst is just south west of Itasca.

03marauder
08-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Just southeast of Itasca you mean, right. Yeah, they have a good cruise night. I was out there about a month ago, some very nice cars there.

SInce he will be here this week and next lets try to meet up next Wednesday night on York Road in Elmhurst a mile north of St Charles St. They have a pretty nice car show every Wednesday night. Elmhurst is just south west of Itasca.

CRUZTAKER
08-24-2005, 02:47 PM
OK, here's the deal.

I will be working in a tiny SBC office in Cary, Illinois thurday and friday. Cary is near Crystal Lake. Next week, I have no idea where I'll be.

I want to go home for the weekend, but the now 7 hour drive is bumming me out. I am having Jessica look into flights out of O'Hare to Cleveland.

Our office in Itasca is at 1151 Bryn Mawr which is just south of Thorndale and Rohlwing off 290 exit 5.

If the flight is affordable, I will leave the beater vic there, taxi to O'hare, and come back in the same fashion early Monday morning. Maybe red eye sunday night...who knows?

For now, I think I am too far out to hook up with any of you, although it would be great.

My company in their infinate wisdom doesn't pay enough per diem ($75/day) to stay in the few hotels around Crystal Lake. The two odd balls around here are $45 and Arab/Indian DUMPS!

The plan for now is to camp at the T/A Truck stop Elgin. It's at the US-20 / I-90 interchange Hampshire, Illinois, some 15 miles south - south-west of Cary.
They have facilities, and I brought camping gear.:P

Slowpoke
08-24-2005, 02:56 PM
what you REALLY need is a new job!

have her check flights to/from Midway too.

you're never too far from one of us.... there are a few guys around you. Perhaps Stevengerard can let you sleep in his office. Maybe he needs some wiring done in there too.

OK, here's the deal.

I will be working in a tiny SBC office in Cary, Illinois thurday and friday. Cary is near Crystal Lake. Next week, I have no idea where I'll be.

I want to go home for the weekend, but the now 7 hour drive is bumming me out. I am having Jessica look into flights out of O'Hare to Cleveland.

Our office in Itasca is at 1151 Bryn Mawr which is just south of Thorndale and Rohlwing off 290 exit 5.

If the flight is affordable, I will leave the beater vic there, taxi to O'hare, and come back in the same fashion early Monday morning. Maybe red eye sunday night...who knows?

For now, I think I am too far out to hook up with any of you, although it would be great.

My company in their infinate wisdom doesn't pay enough per diem ($75/day) to stay in the few hotels around Crystal Lake. The two odd balls around here are $45 and Arab/Indian DUMPS!

The plan for now is to camp at the T/A Truck stop Elgin. It's at the US-20 / I-90 interchange Hampshire, Illinois, some 15 miles south - south-west of Cary.
They have facilities, and I brought camping gear.:P

CRUZTAKER
08-24-2005, 03:18 PM
what you REALLY need is a new job!
No shat! I'm trying. Hard to do at 390 miles from home 5 days a week.

Perhaps Stevengerard can let you sleep in his office. Maybe he needs some wiring done in there too.
Will wire for sleep....:baaa:

BTW: Midway is too far for a cab. Better than $45 each way from Itasca.

Big Joe P
08-24-2005, 06:13 PM
We can't let this guy CAMP, Barry check your PM's.

MarkVI351
08-24-2005, 08:45 PM
how about we meet up at Hooters?? its at 8500ish W. Higgins. good wings. good hooters.

Bradley G
08-24-2005, 08:55 PM
I just returned from Cary's cruise night.

It is only a few miles from my home.
You can stay here pal.
I've already seen you in your Grundies anyway:lol:
Pm Me or call my cell 224-639-2568

Rider90
08-24-2005, 08:57 PM
AY Barry, I'll probably miss ya but if you are at Brad's place I can swing by after work if you're still around near 8:00PM. Thats the best I can do, if not, we'll meet another time. Enjoy your stay!

TooManyFords
08-24-2005, 09:14 PM
I just returned from Cary's cruise night.

It is only a few miles from my home.
You can stay here pal.
Pm Me or call my cell 224-639-2568
Careful Barry! This is coming from the guy who will "Wee you later!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bradley G
08-24-2005, 09:18 PM
Be serious John!,

I can't come up with that on my own!
I was taking the bullet for my partner! :D

CRUZTAKER
08-25-2005, 12:53 PM

Logan posted that frigin picture didn't he.....:eek: I begged him not to.
Where is it?

UPDATE:
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

After carefull consideration about going home for the weekend, it looks unfeasable. <o:p></o:p>

The 8 hour drive each way, fuel costs, and wear on the beater just isn't worth the trouble. <o:p></o:p>

I cannot find a flight out of O'haire for under $200 each way this late in the game.<o:p></o:p>

Midway isn't a whole lot cheaper, but is too far from our office in Itasca to cab it. <o:p></o:p>

The parking fees are outrageous as well.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

I am gonna have to stay out here this weekend.

BTW: Big Joe, Mac, and Poke....you have mail.
Gonna call you now Brad.

And let me add, I am really moved by the mass quanity of offers from so many folks.
Thanks...and you know MY door is ALWAYS open as well...it always has been.

Too bad I don't work out here more often than that OTHER place. ;)

Slowpoke
08-25-2005, 01:06 PM
We're going to take care of Barry while he is here..... heck, he is going to like it so much I bet we can get him to move here!

Slowpoke
08-25-2005, 01:07 PM
also, perhaps we can have a mini meet tomorrow [friday] at Big Joe's Exit.

Bradley G
08-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Well we are in for the night.

Barry and I got to our last local cruise night downtown.
Handed out some flyers for the DynoPros Grand re-opening Sunday.
One of Dynopros customers came by the shop with a 900 HP Jeep CJ.
The thing was completely insane.Procharger cog driven S/C through a Carb.
Cast iron heads. runs 9.20's before the spray and cool temps.
Barry said he wants to go to Big Joe P's "Exits" tomorrow.

CRUZTAKER
08-26-2005, 04:43 AM
My day is done at noon today. Need to hit Wally World as I only packed for three days thinking I was coming home.

The off to Brad and CJ's for a moment, then to beat crosstown traffic to Joe's place.

Can't wait to see his club....wish I had brought better cloths however.:depress:

Woohoo...Chicago is too much fun!

Slowpoke
08-26-2005, 05:23 AM
"better clothes" for Exit ???

you got to be kidding. When you see the place you will realize that any old thing would have been just fine.

Exit opens at 9 pm I think.

CRUZTAKER
09-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Well....I am in Rockford this week and next. That puts me some 80 miles west of Brad's place in Barington and who the hell knows how far from Chicago.

I do know it's only 15 or so miles to the Wisconsin border.:depress:

Not much to speak of out this way.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

The beater Vic got 26 MPH on the secret 'pills' Brad gave me heading home last week and only stalled once. Car is throwing a ton of EGR fail codes causing some occational rough idle and stalling at traffic lites.
The milage back out here on the 'pill' was only good for 23mpg...a fluke...not sure...the Vic never did 26 before.

CRUZTAKER
09-21-2005, 04:32 PM
The message I have waited for, for nearly 11 months....

My WHSE coworker has finally got his BWC approval for back lower disk surgery. I am his fill in when he is out.

I got the word today. Return to OHIO on the 10th. He'll be out nearly 4 months.

This is the best news I could hear in a loooonnnnggg time.

HOME.

At last.

:woohoo:

jgc61sr2002
09-21-2005, 04:50 PM
The message I have waited for, for nearly 11 months....

My WHSE coworker has finally got his BWC approval for back lower disk surgery. I am his fill in when he is out.

This is the best news I could hear in a loooonnnnggg time.

HOME.

At last.

:woohoo:

Barry - That sounds good for you. :D :up:

2003_MM_FYRE49
09-22-2005, 10:50 AM

Give my best to your coworker CRUZ. He is on a long but worthwhile road to recovery. I had my L5-S1 disc removed and replaced with a mechanical disc last Wednesday the 14th. The cool thing is that I am now a 1/2 inch taller than I was before surgery. I am also ecstatic that I no longer have any lower back pain, nor do I have the numbness and tingling that I had in my left leg. My doc said that I will be back to normal next year at this time. Bad part is that I can no longer be a Fireman so I will be retiring in the near future. I hope everything works out well for him.