PDA

View Full Version : Procharger at Milan *Videos*

HwyCruiser
08-23-2005, 10:36 PM
For those who couldn't make it to Milan at MVIII...

Video 1 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/Procharger1.wmv) (Right click, Save Target As)
Timeslip (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/Procharger1.JPG)

Video 2 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/Procharger2.wmv) (Right click, Save Target As)
Timeslip (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/Procharger2.JPG)

Check out the differences in the reaction times and how they played out on tape. Fun stuff!

DEFYANT
08-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Very cool man! You and I would have made a sweet run! our times were so close, the difference would be decided by wind direction!

I wish we ran for the hell of it.

HwyCruiser
08-23-2005, 11:00 PM
Very cool man! You and I would have made a sweet run! our times were so close, the difference would be decided by wind direction!

I wish we ran for the hell of it.

You sir were the king of launches at Milan. I can't figure out how you put over 400 to the ground and consistently pulled off those times on stock rubber. :bows:

I would have given the match-up hell though, even with the drag radials on my side. Those were pretty thin odds!

DEFYANT
08-23-2005, 11:07 PM
After that rash of ***** I got over on SVTP.com, I've been preparing for my next trip at the track.

bigslim
08-24-2005, 12:05 AM
Cool video JD. For anyone that wants to know that was JD against me in the second video. Nice run buddy :banana2: . That car is really a nice setup :bows: . I am so sorry that you didn't get to drive my car. Me doing the hosting thing at Woodward messed that up. I am not ashamed to have loss to such a cool gentleman. ;)

maraudernkc
08-24-2005, 09:15 AM
Nice run guys!

You gotta love that sound of those Superchargers. It gives me goose bumps everytime I hear that sound. :burnout:

HwyCruiser
08-24-2005, 04:20 PM
Cool video JD. For anyone that wants to know that was JD against me in the second video. Nice run buddy :banana2: . That car is really a nice setup :bows: . I am so sorry that you didn't get to drive my car. Me doing the hosting thing at Woodward messed that up. I am not ashamed to have loss to such a cool gentleman. ;)

Slim, I'm sure you noticed that you had my videographer / cheerleader worried there for a second. :eek:

The stock Trilogy kit with only gears and drag radials are no slouches. You didn't even come close to shame my friend. We both enjoy our cars and our choices of mods. It can't get any better than that.

All in all, not a bad day at the track for a couple of amateurs. :up:

Bradley G
08-24-2005, 04:55 PM
I will chime in, cause I got my azz handed to me by HWY cruiser, in the first vid.

I did come home with a real nice plaque for fastest reaction time.
This was not the race I achieved it in.:P
I did run a 13.601 on a 13.60 dail in.
I am tring to get it all together in the same run. RT & dail in
great to race against you pal!
Shows how much a few more $ in mods will pay off! :bows:

HwyCruiser
08-24-2005, 06:55 PM
I will chime in, cause I got my azz handed to me by HWY cruiser, in the first vid.

I did come home with a real nice plaque for fastest reaction time.
This was not the race I achieved it in.:P
I did run a 13.601 on a 13.60 dail in.
I am tring to get it all together in the same run. RT & dail in
great to race against you pal!
Shows how much a few more $ in mods will pay off! :bows:
Bradley, come here ya big lug! :beer:

You did great by bringing home the bracket-racing best RT plaque. I've heard of a guy who drove hundreds of miles to drag race all night long on a wild hair and then slept it off in his car, but that's another story. ;)

I had a blast with all you guys. Trilogy, Vortec, Procharger, NOS, modded n/a or bone stock, everyone that showed up had big ol' grins on their faces. That's what it's all about brother.

MarauderMark
08-24-2005, 07:02 PM
I had a blast with all you guys. Trilogy, Vortec, Procharger, NOS, modded n/a or bone stock, everyone that showed up had big ol' grins on their faces. That's what it's all about brother.

This is what it's all about.. :)
Brad , what was you R/T?

jgc61sr2002
08-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Hwy - Nice videos. :D Thanks. :up:

Bradley G
08-24-2005, 07:45 PM
When I lined up against you, I thought I had little chance of winning.
The camera angle does not reflect how bad you spanked me.
Thanks for posting the vid. I love to hear our blowers singing sweet music together!

I was very impressed with how your car ran down the track.
I would love to get another spin in the Procharger setup.
When I got a ride in John's car,(too many fords) it was not properly tuned yet.
If your "other" story, refers to me, could you give me a hint as to which state was I racing in? Il. Wi. Mi. Ia. Mo. Oh. The only overnighter I had, was last year at the Dreamcruise, when I slept in Jerry Barnes van in case the locals wanted to start trouble, over us taking their parking lot.:bop:
Great fun JD !
I will do my best, to give you a better run next time!:beer:

Bradley, come here ya big lug! :beer:

You did great by bringing home the bracket-racing best RT plaque. I've heard of a guy who drove hundreds of miles to drag race all night long on a wild hair and then slept it off in his car, but that's another story. ;)

Bradley G
08-24-2005, 07:59 PM
My best of the Day was .008, in elimination I think it was .02.

During the Brefas ceremonies, I got the "Blind squirrel" shot when I recieved the award.I did race sixteen times, won ten, lost six. I'd rather be Luckey, than good, anyday!
I only had Two passes with the power adder, prior to Milan.

This is what it's all about.. :)
Brad , what was you R/T?

HwyCruiser
08-26-2005, 07:16 PM
When I lined up against you, I thought I had little chance of winning.
The camera angle does not reflect how bad you spanked me.
Thanks for posting the vid. I love to hear our blowers singing sweet music together!

I was very impressed with how your car ran down the track.
I would love to get another spin in the Procharger setup.
When I got a ride in John's car,(too many fords) it was not properly tuned yet.
If your "other" story, refers to me, could you give me a hint as to which state was I racing in? Il. Wi. Mi. Ia. Mo. Oh. The only overnighter I had, was last year at the Dreamcruise, when I slept in Jerry Barnes van in case the locals wanted to start trouble, over us taking their parking lot.:bop:
Great fun JD !
I will do my best, to give you a better run next time!:beer:

Bradley,

Your passion for drag racing has made you an urban legend, lol.

There has been talk of putting another meet together in Cedar Falls after it cools down a bit. If it happens I hope you can make it!

Mike M
08-29-2005, 11:40 AM
For those who couldn't make it to Milan at MVIII...

Video 1 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/Procharger1.wmv) (Right click, Save Target As)
Timeslip (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/Procharger1.JPG)

Video 2 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/Procharger2.wmv) (Right click, Save Target As)
Timeslip (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/Procharger2.JPG)

Check out the differences in the reaction times and how they played out on tape. Fun stuff!

I can hear alot of SC whistle/whine, is that from the roots blower cars you are racing?

Bradley G
08-29-2005, 12:43 PM
,Urban maybe, I got a ways to go, to achieve the "legend" part. LOL

Please post the Cedar Falls event you guy's are planning.
I will do my best to make it!
Thanks for the kind words!
Yeah Mike, if it's the first vid you are referring to, that is the unmistakeable sweet sound, of a Trilogy powered Marauder.
My car may not make as much power as JD's awsome Procharged Marauder, but at least it makes more noise!:D

Bradley,

Your passion for drag racing has made you an urban legend, lol.

There has been talk of putting another meet together in Cedar Falls after it cools down a bit. If it happens I hope you can make it!

HwyCruiser
08-29-2005, 08:40 PM
I can hear alot of SC whistle/whine, is that from the roots blower cars you are racing?

My Magnaflows pretty much drown out the Procharger whistle above idle. I noticed on BillyGMan's burnout videos his Kook's headers and Magnaflows mask the pitch of the roots blower pretty good too.

Mike M
08-29-2005, 11:36 PM
My Magnaflows pretty much drown out the Procharger whistle above idle. I noticed on BillyGMan's burnout videos his Kook's headers and Magnaflows mask the pitch of the roots blower pretty good too.

I only notice a whistle at idle on my car. Once I give it any gas it gets silent.

Bradley G
08-30-2005, 04:02 AM
I'm only speculating, mind you, I have never heard any Marauder get silent giving it gas!

Exhaust sound levels may be louder than the sound the Blower makes, the Blower/engine sounds combined, are better than a symphony.
I may have viewed BillyGman's vid as much as anyone, I han hear the Trilogy blower sound, over the exhaust even while the engine is bouncing off the rev limiter .

I only notice a whistle at idle on my car. Once I give it any gas it gets silent.

DEFYANT
08-30-2005, 07:40 AM
Kook's headers and Magnaflows mask the pitch of the roots blower
I noticed this on my car with the same set up. With the Duel Mode Mufflers, I can enjoy equal parts of sound from the engine/blower + exhaust.