PDA

View Full Version : Dan Wolf Automotive Group

Eric91Z
08-25-2005, 10:57 AM
OK you Chicago area people, any input on the Dan Wolf Automotive Group? Specifically the Toyota location? Just wondering because in our search, my wife happened on a Marauder there that we might be interested in. From the CarFax report looks like they just recently got it and don't even have a picture up on their website yet. Clean CarFax and waiting on the OASIS on it. Never knew this process would be so dificult once we really started. Then again, our number one choice is a Silver Birch 2004 with the dark charcoal interior and within reasonable distance of Iowa.

Any input on the Dan Wolf group of dealerships would be appreciated.

Thanks.

stevengerard
08-25-2005, 10:59 AM
My buddy bought a turbo Supra from them in the past. Is this the one in Elmhurst, I could even go look at it for you.

Eric91Z
08-25-2005, 11:14 AM
My buddy bought a turbo Supra from them in the past. Is this the one in Elmhurst, I could even go look at it for you.

It says it is Toyota of Naperville:

www.toyotaofnaperville.com

Says address is 1515 W. Ogden Ave, Napperville, IL 60540

If anyone happens to be in the area and wants to stop by, that would be great. They are supposed to have a 2004 Silver Birch Marauder. I am going to call them soon on my lunch to try and find out a little more (interior color, options, etc). Nice thing is this car has less than 6000 miles on it.

Eric91Z
08-25-2005, 11:57 AM
OK, after checking a little further, the Toyota of Naperville ad for the Marauder says it is actually at the Lexus of Naperville location. Got that site up:

www.lexusofnaperville.com

and it does show on there. And here is what is shows for the address:

Lexus of Naperville
2480 Aurora Ave
Naperville, IL 60540

huot5
08-25-2005, 01:05 PM
VIN: 2MEHM79V34X678486 RoyLPita might be able to get this done.

Eric91Z
08-25-2005, 01:21 PM
Yup, already sent it to him. I had already sent him one today prior to finding this one and he got back to me on that one already. But that one is sold. And this one is still available and is Silver with dark charcoal interior (spoke with the salesman).

OK, was going to keep it to myself, but here is a run down (I am still waiting on pictures from the dealership).

2004 Marauder
Silver Birch/Dark Charcoal
CD changer and heated seats (want to add spoiler and trunk organizer)
5,690 miles
Owned by elderly couple that traded it in on a Lexus

The CarFax report says build date was April 2004 and initial sale date was August 2004. 1 owner car and non-smoker (as far as I know). Price is a little high, but in line with current market values of these cars from what I have been finding. And finding a low mileage Silver Birch has not been easy.

I love the black, but we have 1 black car already and I do all the washing and waxing of cars in our family and don't have time for 2 black cars. Plus, this car will get driven and silver hides dust better.

And best of all, I just got an email from the wife saying "Go for it"!!! So, guess we will see what happens. I have the wife's blessing (she actually found this one), CarFax looks good. Just waiting on the OASIS and pictures from the dealership.

Hey, anyone in the area want to swing by and look at it for me?

stevengerard
08-25-2005, 01:31 PM
I'd love to if I can get out of the office early enough I will actually be in kind of close to there so I'll go - if I can.

Eric91Z
08-25-2005, 01:34 PM
I'd love to if I can get out of the office early enough I will actually be in kind of close to there so I'll go - if I can.

That would be awesome. I am at work (and on the computer) until 5:30pm and then will be watching at home until I go to bed. Still waiting on the pictures. I guess I won't be completely happy until I see the interior pictures and very it is actually the dark charcoal and not the light colored one.

If this works out, going to have to get an XCal2, JTL CAI, trunk organizer, and the winter wheels/tires ordered to be here by the time the car gets home...

Big Joe P
08-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Not to rain on your parade, don't put too much faith in carfax. It's good for title and mileage issues, but not for accidents. A friends car was destroyed, $50,000 repair bill, and no accidents showed up on carfax. Don't substitute it for actaully looking at the car completely, in person.

Eric91Z
08-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Not to rain on your parade, don't put too much faith in carfax. It's good for title and mileage issues, but not for accidents. A friends car was destroyed, $50,000 repair bill, and no accidents showed up on carfax. Don't substitute it for actaully looking at the car completely, in person.

I know nothing is absolutely in this game. Just trying to get what I can. That is why I am 1) waiting on pictures (requested certains angles and locations), and 2) hoping someone local can stop by and check the car out, too.

And, if this works out, I would hope to get together with some local Chicago area people when I am out there. Started pricing tickets to fly out. Thinking I would come out on Friday morning, pick the car up that day, and headout first thing Saturday morning to have Saturday afternoon and Sunday to relax, cleanup the car, and take pictures.

Any suggestions on plane tickets? I have checked Priceline.com and going to check Expedia. Any other ideas? Just need a cheap ticket from Des Moines to Chicago. How far away is Naperville area from the Chicago airport? Speaking of which, Expedia lists 2 different airports - which would be better - O'Hare or Midway?

stevengerard
08-25-2005, 03:20 PM
Both are about the same distance from naperville Midway would be cheaper, its smaller and easier to get around.

Eric91Z
08-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Both are about the same distance from naperville Midway would be cheaper, its smaller and easier to get around.

Any rough idea on distance? I am hoping the Dealership would be willing to pick me up, but if not wondering how long a taxi ride it would be.

ex00p71
08-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Napervilles two towns over from me, I could check the car out for another opinion. Also, If you don't want to pay for a taxi I could probably give you a ride from Midway to Naperville.

Eric91Z
08-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Napervilles two towns over from me, I could check the car out for another opinion. Also, If you don't want to pay for a taxi I could probably give you a ride from Midway to Naperville.

Both offers would be offly generous of you. I was hoping that if I flew in on a Friday afternoon, take care of the car stuff that night and maybe get to meet up with some of the locals that night.

So far the flights I have been finding have been from Des Moines to O'hare, not Midway. Still looking though. How far away is Naperville from either airport?

ex00p71
08-25-2005, 06:17 PM
Well, your talking about next Friday right?

Not sure about distance to Naperville, both about the same, but in my opinion Midway would be easier for me to drive to, its right down I-55 from me. It's also pretty much our airport for local flights.

O'Hare is usually for the longer distance/international flights.

stevengerard
08-25-2005, 07:26 PM
I just got in and wasn't able to make it out there, maybe tomorrow.

Eric91Z
08-25-2005, 07:28 PM
Well, your talking about next Friday right?

Not sure about distance to Naperville, both about the same, but in my opinion Midway would be easier for me to drive to, its right down I-55 from me. It's also pretty much our airport for local flights.

O'Hare is usually for the longer distance/international flights.

No, we are still looking a couple weeks out until I could get there to pick it up. It is going to be like the 9th or 16th if everything works out. I did find some flights from Des Moines to Midway, but the shortest flight was 3 1/2 hours and pricing is about twice what it is from Des Moines to O'Hare. Only similiar pricing is on an 8 hour flight.

Guess I will figure out what is going on with the car and go from there...

Eric91Z
08-25-2005, 07:31 PM
I just got in and wasn't able to make it out there, maybe tomorrow.

No problem. I still haven't gotten the pictures of the car from the Dealership itself and RoyLPITA is dealing with the hurricane right now, so he couldn't get the OASIS. He ran the first VIN for me earlier today and then lost power before being able to run this one.

Going to call the salesman in the morning to get find out status of the pictures.

Eric91Z
08-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Well, finally got the pictures of the car today. Definitely looks good. Looks like a brand new, untouched, silver Marauder. I put an offer in, they countered, we agreed, now a matter if they will agree to terms of the sale and hold it since I can't get out there to pick up for a couple weeks. And then do a funds transfer. Also, still waiting on the OASIS report from RoyLPITA which should be done tomorrow as long as the weather down there doesn't cause any problems (thanks RoyLPITA).

I haven't heard back from the salesman on that yet. If so, I will be flying in to Chicago a couple weeks from today, pick the car up, find a place to crash for the night and head back home to Iowa the next day. It is getting so close. I hope this works out!!!! Even the wife is excited.

jgc61sr2002
08-26-2005, 03:23 PM
Eric - Congrats. :D

Eric91Z
08-26-2005, 03:24 PM
Eric - Congrats. :D

Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer. I can have terrible luck sometimes... But the wife is on board for this, so maybe it will work out right this time around.

stevengerard
08-26-2005, 08:29 PM
I went by the Lexus dealer I thought it was at and realized it was the one in Westmont not Naperville, If I am out farther west I will certainly stop by.

Eric91Z
08-27-2005, 01:24 AM
I went by the Lexus dealer I thought it was at and realized it was the one in Westmont not Naperville, If I am out farther west I will certainly stop by.

Any input on how the trip is from Chicago-O'HAre to Naperville? When I asked the salesman about getting to the dealership, he said there are lots of taxi's at the airport and Naperville is a common destination and reasonable fares (thanks a lot - couldn't even offer to pick me up at the airport in the car...). Looking at the Atlas, it looks like about 20 miles or so.

RoyLPita
08-27-2005, 04:29 AM
Eric, you've got a PM.

Eric91Z
08-27-2005, 06:56 AM
Eric, you've got a PM.

Once again, THANK YOU!!! The service you provide is great. It looks like the car has a good OASIS and CarFx reports and pictures of the car look great...

stevengerard
08-27-2005, 10:07 AM
Any input on how the trip is from Chicago-O'HAre to Naperville? When I asked the salesman about getting to the dealership, he said there are lots of taxi's at the airport and Naperville is a common destination and reasonable fares (thanks a lot - couldn't even offer to pick me up at the airport in the car...). Looking at the Atlas, it looks like about 20 miles or so.

It is about 20 miles, I am 99% sure that it is standard fare to Naperville - in other words some destinations you get charged fare times 1.5 - so it should be 30 - 35 bucks. You will end up taking 294 east (it is actually headed south right there) to I-88 west to Naperville so it is a straight shot. I would think with so many Windy City guys one of us would be able to get you. I'm out of town next Friday but should be in town the week after.

Shaft333
08-28-2005, 06:25 PM
From O'Hare to Naperville it'll run about $50-80 for taxi or limo. I suggest the limo - I think they have to be competitive with taxi rates, and it seems there are more of them running back and forth... not to mention a nicer touch to the ride.

If you're in town after the 14th, lem'me know (PM me). I'm just one town over, we can get a celebration burger. (I could've looked at the car, but I just found this thread and it appears you had it all taken care of)

O'hare to Naperville (home of the soccer mom) isn't that bad. Maybe 20miles or so.

Eric91Z
08-28-2005, 06:31 PM
From O'Hare to Naperville it'll run about $50-80 for taxi or limo. I suggest the limo - I think they have to be competitive with taxi rates, and it seems there are more of them running back and forth... not to mention a nicer touch to the ride.

If you're in town after the 14th, lem'me know (PM me). I'm just one town over, we can get a celebration burger. (I could've looked at the car, but I just found this thread and it appears you had it all taken care of)

O'hare to Naperville (home of the soccer mom) isn't that bad. Maybe 20miles or so.

Well, I will know more as we get in this week, but it is looking good at this point. And if it all goes well, I will be flying in late afternoon on Friday, September 9th and heading to the dealership to get the car (they are open until 9:00pm). Then if anyone wants to get together for a bite, I would be up for that. Then planning on finding some place to crash and get on the road Saturday morning to head back to Des Moines.

Eric91Z
09-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Well, it is a done deal (or should be). I wired my down payment on Monday and just wired the remaining balance on the car this morning. I am coming to Chicago a week from today to pick the car up.

I will fly in to O'Hare around 6:15pm and head to the dealership from there to pick the car up. I would be up for a get together if anyone wants. The dealership is in Naperville and I don't know my way around that area. Then I am planning on getting on the road Saturday morning to head back to Iowa and enjoy the new car.

Won't be completely happy until I get to the dealership, check the car out in person, sign the papers, get the keys and finally get to drive it and know it is mine and the deal is done.

Big Joe P
09-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Mac, you wanna meet this guy at the airport and convoy to the dealership? I'm in, anyone else?

ex00p71
09-02-2005, 01:06 PM
Well my offer still stands to pick him up from the airport if my car isn't in the shop then.

Eric91Z
09-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Mac, you wanna meet this guy at the airport and convoy to the dealership? I'm in, anyone else?

Hey, this would be pretty cool. They wouldn't know what to think there! :burnout:

Fastronald
09-03-2005, 01:40 PM
I don't mean to be a PITA, but get a map and you'll see just how far Naperville is from Midway and O'Hare air ports. Either way, you are in for a ride. Midway is easy to get in and out of, but you are in for an hour drive to Naperville. Form O'hare it's less but still a drive down the tollway.

Eric91Z
09-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Checking out MapQuest, it does look like 59 would be the better option as the dealership is on Aurora Ave which seems to intersect with 59. It looks like this dealership is right near the Fox Valley Shopping Center in Naperville.

Well, getting a little ancy to get out there. Sold my Accord and will be doing the transaction with that on Thursday night after work. Then catching a ride to the airport Friday afternoon and getting in to Ohare about 6:15pm (did O'Hare because tickets were much cheaper for direct flight, otherwise to get close to the same price would have spent the entire day flying with 4 or 5 connections). And from there to the dealership.

For those of you that have offered to meet me at the airport, that is greatly appreciated and would be fun, but I defnitely don't expect it. If it works out, great, if not, I will catch a cab to the dealership and just pay the cab fare. Otherwise I would be willing to fork over gas money if someone ended up giving me a ride.

Only a couple more days!!!

Mr Johnson
09-06-2005, 06:03 PM
IMO the best way to get to the dealership, at that time of day, from O'Hare is to take I294 south to I88 and then take I88 west to Rt59 south. There is construction on I88 and Rt59 an be a bear during rush hours but you should be able to make it in around 1/2 hr.

I'm about 5 minutes from the dealership and I can bring my Marauder or my supercharged Lexus! ;-D

I'm up for picking him up, doing a caravan or just meeting you all there. :beer:

Oh and Congrats on the deal! :bandit:

Eric91Z
09-06-2005, 06:10 PM
IMO the best way to get to the dealership, at that time of day, from O'Hare is to take I294 south to I88 and then take I88 west to Rt59 south. There is construction on I88 and Rt59 an be a bear during rush hours but you should be able to make it in around 1/2 hr.

I'm about 5 minutes from the dealership and I can bring my Marauder or my supercharged Lexus! ;-D

I'm up for picking him up, doing a caravan or just meeting you all there. :beer:

Oh and Congrats on the deal! :bandit:

Also, any good places around there to grab a bite to eat? I am all up for dinner after this deal goes through!!!

SergntMac
09-07-2005, 05:49 AM
Mac, you wanna meet this guy at the airport and convoy to the dealership? I'm in, anyone else? Sorry for the delay, Joe, I just found your offer.

I can't promise anything, I have a lot on my plate this week, both at the office and around the house. I've got the times and places noted, f I can free up some time, I'll catch up with someone where I can, but don't count on me.

Eric, best wishes to you, for a safe journey home.

Mr Johnson
09-07-2005, 06:14 AM
Also, any good places around there to grab a bite to eat? I am all up for dinner after this deal goes through!!!
Plenty to eat in the area depending on what you like. All the major chains are less than a mile west of the dealership and some other great choices are in downtown Naperville about 2 miles away.

Eric91Z
09-07-2005, 07:02 AM
Plenty to eat in the area depending on what you like. All the major chains are less than a mile west of the dealership and some other great choices are in downtown Naperville about 2 miles away.

Downtown is fine is there are some good restaurants. No need to fly in to the area to buy a car and hit a normal chain food restaurant. I will grab those on the way home. As long as I can find 59 south again to get me to I-80, I am fine.

Mac - thanks for the well wishes and I hope you we can meet in person when I am out there Friday night.

Eric91Z
09-08-2005, 04:03 AM
Will, I thought I would get this information out there to see what, if anything, will work out for tomorrow evening.

I will be flying in to O'Hare tomorrow (Friday, September 9th), scheduled to arrive at 6:04pm on American Airlines. If people want to meet at the airport and head to the dealership from there and then I dinner afterwards, that would be greatly appreciated. If it does not end up working out, I understand that too.

Here is my cell phone number for tomorrow: 515/450-9005

I hope we can work something out to get together.

Bradley G
09-08-2005, 04:08 AM
Good luck and safe travels Eric!

Eric91Z
09-08-2005, 04:20 AM
Good luck and safe travels Eric!

Thanks!!! I am really looking forward to it.

ex00p71
09-08-2005, 08:18 AM
Sorry, Can't make it.

Eric91Z
09-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Well, I will be leaving work here in about 30 minutes to head towards the airport. Grab some lunch and catch my flight to Chicago. If schedules work, I am hoping to meet up with a couple of you. If not, I do understand. Then it is off to the dealership to pick up the car!!!!! :banana: