PDA

View Full Version : Meet & Greet CRUZTAKER tonight 8/26

Big Joe P
08-26-2005, 08:03 AM
Barry's in town and will be appearing tonight at EXIT after 10pm. This is your chance to rub elbows with the ledgend, talk shop, have some refreshments, and see what a real honest-to-god punk rock bar looks like...

DIRECTIONS (http://www.exitchicago.com/directions.html)

Slowpoke
08-26-2005, 10:43 AM
is there a magic code word we use at the door so we dont pay the cover?

is there an extra cover charge on account of Barry?

after some minor pleading, the powers that be at Craftypoke Industries have designated tonight as a 'free night' for me and, as a result, I shall make an appearance.

svtguy
08-26-2005, 10:58 AM
[/calls babysitter] Hoping I can stop in. [/still calling babysitter]

Big Joe P
08-26-2005, 11:04 AM
magic words to the big scary doormen:
I'M HERE FOR BARRY'S MARAUDER SEMINAR

I'll save parking in the lot next door, street parking is available across the street.

The EXIT day care center is closed, everyone must be 21.

I may even spring for pizza....

Slowpoke
08-26-2005, 11:07 AM
cool. So, Joe, has the Exit day care center ever been open?

magic words to the big scary doormen:
I'M HERE FOR BARRY'S MARAUDER SEMINAR

I'll save parking in the lot next door, street parking is available across the street.

The EXIT day care center is closed, everyone must be 21.

I may even spring for pizza....

Big Joe P
08-26-2005, 11:21 AM
the EXIT day care requires a hefty deposit and signed release.
Contact the main office for more info....

jefferson-mo
08-26-2005, 12:24 PM
Barry's in town and will be appearing tonight at EXIT after 10pm. This is your chance to rub elbows with the ledgend, talk shop, have some refreshments, and see what a real honest-to-god punk rock bar looks like...

DIRECTIONS (http://www.exitchicago.com/directions.html)

Stupid a$$ 'Websense' blocked out the directions! (I'm at work)
(not that I can go anyway but.........)

said sumpthin' about 'Alcohol and Tobacco'

is it a 'bad' place? :baby:

Big Joe P
08-26-2005, 01:06 PM
said sumpthin' about 'Alcohol and Tobacco' is it a 'bad' place?

alcohol and tobacco...... just BAD enough......

jefferson-mo
08-26-2005, 01:20 PM
alcohol and tobacco...... just BAD enough......

:drink:

Have one for me!

Big Joe.......we'll meet someday..................

Slowpoke
08-26-2005, 11:46 PM
WOW !!

no one, but no one, can throw a party like Big Joe P.

Way too much to tell, but the last two hours was spectacular.... I never saw a guy with a live scorpion in his underwear juggle a power saw and then take on the task of trying to catch a bowling bowl [on fire, with 2 steak knives protruding from it] on the side of his head.

We were treated to an awesome show put on at Exit tonight... even included a burlesque dancer.

Even SVTGUY's wife got into the action.

Barry will not forget this night for quite some time! ...and the weekend has just started!

CRUZTAKER
08-27-2005, 10:54 AM
.... I never saw a guy with a live scorpion in his underwear juggle a power saw and then take on the task of trying to catch a bowling bowl [on fire, with 2 steak knives protruding from it] on the side of his head.

Nor have I !!!

I made till about 3 a.m. and decided to call it a night. I had then been awake for an official 24 hour period.

I had a great time. And will be back again tonight. This time I think I'll blend a little better.;)

The oddity videos that played over the many tv monitors was intriguing to say the least. I cannot go into detail for the sake of ...well....alot of folks...;) but fun none the less. The decor and general mood is really cool. All the patrons were well in control of a good time.

Hey Mac and Zack...I know it's a long trip, but if you can make it, I'd love to party with ya.

BTW: The music was good as well. Punk wasn't the only genre, there was alot of metal that I haven't heard since high school. Remember Iron Maiden and Motorhead....how about Ramstien....nice! Thats when I started bouncing off the walls.:cool:

I got the SHIRT as well.

EXIT baby.....:bows:

SergntMac
08-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Sorry I missed out, Barry, but anything that begins at 10 PM when I have to be up by 3 AM, doesn't work. Give me a call on my cell when you can?

svtguy
08-27-2005, 11:50 AM
WOW !!

no one, but no one, can throw a party like Big Joe P.

Way too much to tell, but the last two hours was spectacular.... I never saw a guy with a live scorpion in his underwear juggle a power saw and then take on the task of trying to catch a bowling bowl [on fire, with 2 steak knives protruding from it] on the side of his head.

We were treated to an awesome show put on at Exit tonight... even included a burlesque dancer.

Even SVTGUY's wife got into the action.

Barry will not forget this night for quite some time! ...and the weekend has just started!LOL. Mrs. SVT and I had a blast and we thank you sincerely Joe. Nice to meet you Barry and we'll probably see you next Friday too at the smoker. Which incidentally Mac starts off in the early evening if I'm not mistaken. The only other thing I would highlight that Poke and Barry haven't is that friggin snake!! Some kind of Boa or Python?? I don't know, I'm no reptile expert but it was huge.

stevengerard
08-27-2005, 12:12 PM
Damn, I saw the thread when Slowpoke suggested an Exit night and checked to see if it would happen. When I saw this thread I was all Psyched!!!! to go tonight, even asked my wife and got the a-ok and just now realized it was last night dammmmmnnnnn
:mad2: :mad: :mad2: :censor: :nono: :alone: :mad2:

Slowpoke
08-27-2005, 01:55 PM
he will be there again tonight. I wont be though.

CRUZTAKER
08-27-2005, 02:38 PM
...... and just now realized it was last night.
We'll be there tonight as well. About 11 'ish this saturday evening.;)

Slowpoke
08-29-2005, 06:58 AM
Joe - let us all know when the photos from Friday are up on your website

www.exitchicago.com

Big Joe P
08-31-2005, 04:43 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/meNbarry.jpg

Pics from THIS event can be found HERE (http://exitchicago.com/gallery/PSYCHO-CIRCUS-Mark-the-Knife) and HERE (http://exitchicago.com/gallery/Coreys-Goin-Away-Party-8-26-05)

There are some pics of SVT guy and his wife along with SLOWPOKE lurking......