PDA

View Full Version : Any Cooling issues with Front mount Intercooler?

Blackened300a
08-28-2005, 02:05 PM
I was just curious, Since the intercooler mounts in front of the radiator and A/C condenser. Has anyone noticed their car running hotter then usual or has the A/C Not been working to optimum?

mongo
08-28-2005, 02:19 PM
I was just curious, Since the intercooler mounts in front of the radiator and A/C condenser. Has anyone noticed their car (http://209.200.10.92/cgi-bin/t50/ezlclk.fcgi?id=642)running hotter then usual or has the A/C Not been working to optimum?
Blackened300a,
I drive my car regularly with the trilogy s/c kit with intercooler and stock thermostat. I live in Arizona and at this time of year temps run at about 98 to 112 degrees and I have had absolutely no problems. When I did the instal of the s/c I add one bottle of Redline water wetter to antifreeze. No problems.

Mongo

HwyCruiser
08-28-2005, 02:30 PM
I was just curious, Since the intercooler mounts in front of the radiator and A/C condenser. Has anyone noticed their car running hotter then usual or has the A/C Not been working to optimum?
IIRC, the a/c cuts out at WOT. For around town driving, I don't think you have to worry because you'll be in vacuum most of the time and the air-to-air intercooler isn't doing much work other than for short duration bursts.

Maybe snowbird and/or UNKNOWN will chime in since they are both running the intercooler behind the grill.

snowbird
08-28-2005, 03:31 PM
IIRC, the a/c cuts out at WOT. For around town driving, I don't think you have to worry because you'll be in vacuum most of the time and the air-to-air intercooler isn't doing much work other than for short duration bursts.

Maybe snowbird and/or UNKNOWN will chime in since they are both running the intercooler behind the grill.This year in my part of Canada, we keep getting unusual record level heat summer ==> 90-95 degrees F since mid june almost non stop. Of course, this isn't Arizona.

Like HwyCruiser said, my intercooler is behind the grille. Although the stock temperature gauge isn't that precise, the needle still hoover at the very same place that when i was N/A. I did have a 180 thermostat installed with the kit thought. IMO, this setup is OK for a street usage with some room to spare.

Blackened300a
08-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Now Im even more tempted to make the purchase. Nothing but Positive feedback with this Set-up.

You guys are going to put me in $6k Debt!!

maraudernkc
08-28-2005, 04:41 PM
It may be 6K but the smile factor is priceless :burnout: .

Now Im even more tempted to make the purchase. Nothing but Positive feedback with this Set-up.

You guys are going to put me in $6k Debt!!

South Hills
08-28-2005, 06:33 PM

Blackened300a:

No problems of any type related to the S/C. Running temp and A/C performance are unchanged. The car, however, becomes an absolute beast when 1/3 or more throttle is applied!

Regards,

Phil

Mike M
08-29-2005, 11:36 AM
Its like 113 deg today and with the AC on my temp gauge is in the exact same place as before the ProCharger install.
Arizona is hot!!!!!
Arid - Zone A

DEFYANT
08-29-2005, 03:47 PM
It may be 6K but the smile factor is priceless :burnout: .
They call it "Smile Factor" here. I call it "Permagrin" from where I come from. Regardless, you'll be happy. ;)

Check out HwyCruisers car. Its a bad mofo.

:) <- you now.

:D <- you later w/S/Cer

:D <- you for a long time.

MarauderMark
08-29-2005, 04:39 PM
well it seems that i now have this problem since its return..100 degrees and the temp went to 3/4 so instead of seeing how far it would go i just shut off the a/c. :( .will have to try it again closer to home. :D .

Tallboy
08-29-2005, 04:43 PM
well it seems that i now have this problem since its return..100 degrees and the temp went to 3/4 so instead of seeing how far it would go i just shut off the a/c. :( .will have to try it again closer to home. :D .

She shouldn't be runnin' that hot. Get 'er checked out? :confused:

MarauderMark
08-29-2005, 04:47 PM
She shouldn't be runnin' that hot. Get 'er checked out? :confused:
well i have tried it around in wildwood at 90 degreeand nothing happened but maybe it needs to be hotter or it was a freaky thing:dunno:

duhtroll
08-29-2005, 05:24 PM
Blackened - send me yer old avatar. :D

-A