PDA

View Full Version : Zaino detail and Ricer review

2003 MIB
08-30-2005, 10:16 AM
Here's the story:
We needed to get the puppy spayed so Coli's had my truck the last couple of days to shuttle the dog back and forth to the Vet.
Yesterday, I drove the Marauder to Addison for work and had the guys from Zaino Mobile Detail come out and try to do something with my 03's paint. This Zaino stuff is the real deal- I'm very happy and find it better than the NXT I usually use. DFW folks- The guy's name is Brad and he runs a first rate operation. Today they are detailing Aston Martins at Sonny Morgan's dealership and they are also the ones that detail Sonny's Yellow Rose Cougar. Give them a shot. My bill was about $200 but I had a couple of extra coats of polish.
Anyway, I beat the rain in Joshua by about 7 minutes and put the cover on the Marauder.
There was no way I was going back out today with my newly polished beast in the rain (or predicted rain). So, I'm driving Coli's new RX-8. It's an automatic with the paddle controls on the wheel. I hear the manuals are fast- the automatic is not but it's her car and she loves it.
My review:
I am 5'10" and weigh 215lbs.- I can barely fit in this car. Joe Clancy and Big Dog Jim need not even try. The seat is pushed back all the way and the tilt steering is 75% up. One must contort one's body to enter and exit the cockpit. It telegraphs every expansion joint straight through your spine. It has acceptable acceleration, a really nice interior and looks really pretty in the titanium grey. I am so glad I spent some time with the RX-8. I now have a deeper understanding of what living with me must be like. When I rave about my big four door and she rolls her eyes, she must say to herself, "He likes it and that's cool for him but not for me."- I now know that exact feeling.
The dog's fine after her alteration and I'll be back in my F150 this afternoon. I can't wait. I'm sure Coli is stressing that I'm making lots of redline runs in her Mazda- nothing could be further from the truth.

gpfarrell
08-30-2005, 01:36 PM
I drove a 6-speed that a co-worker owns. She, my wife, and I took it to lunch, and I thought it was pretty good.

The car seemed fast once it was wound up, put certainly no torque-monster down low... I bet the automatic makes that worse.

I'm about 5'11", 185 and don't recall it being that tight... certainly not the space our Marauders have, but much roomier than say a Miata, Z3, or S2000.

Still happier in my Marauder though!

Petrograde
08-30-2005, 05:13 PM
We are Zaino... Resistance is futile.

2003 MIB
08-31-2005, 03:48 AM
I'm about 5'11", 185 and don't recall it being that tight...
Hmmm, Maybe it's the extra six years of life and extra 30lbs. that made the car seem really small.:eek: