PDA

View Full Version : Cruise to the Woods

Eric91Z
08-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Well, not sure if any of you have ever done this before, but here in Iowa in on the first weekend of October, they have a huge Cruise called Cruise to the Woods. There are a number of cruise starting spots, a couple of which used to be in Southern Minnesota. Anyway, they cruise from these spots to Stratford, IA. Small town Iowa to say the least. Then hang out there a little bit and get all the cars crusing to the finally destination with some awesome scenery on the way there. Just thought I would throw it out if anyone is interested. Here is a website for more information:

http://www.wccruisers.com/cruisetothewoods.html

And here is a direct link to where various cruise start points are:

http://www.wccruisers.com/cruisetimesplaces.html

The last time I went (a couple of years ago) there was around 1100 cars at the final destination - Webster City Fairgrounds. It is a good time and a nice cruise - as long as the weather is decent. We had snow one year and about 90 degrees another year.

I should have my car by then and really hoping that either the wife let's me go on my own or feels up to going with the 2 kids. Need to start the 2 1/2 month old out early!!!

MNMarauder
09-05-2005, 08:29 PM
thanks for the post very cool

TooManyFords
10-02-2005, 05:45 PM
Eric,

It was good to meet you at the Cruise to the Woods! Thanks for putting the links up. Turned out to be a beautiful day for an all-day cruise too. For those that did not attend, we had a little over 1200 cars show up at the fairgrounds. Lots of beautiful cars and only two Marauders!

I sure picked a bad day to leave the camera at home!

Cheers!

John

Eric91Z
10-03-2005, 05:22 AM
Eric,

It was good to meet you at the Cruise to the Woods! Thanks for putting the links up. Turned out to be a beautiful day for an all-day cruise too. For those that did not attend, we had a little over 1200 cars show up at the fairgrounds. Lots of beautiful cars and only two Marauders!

I sure picked a bad day to leave the camera at home!

Cheers!

John

John,

Very nice to meet you too, and that is a nice car you have there. Hope all works out and I get to see it run in 2 weeks at Tri-State. I will post a link to pictures once they are up.