PDA

View Full Version : Command Automotive Rotors INSTALLED

Dave Compson
08-31-2005, 10:09 AM
Well, i have been putting this off for a couple of weeks, so here it goes..

My stock front rotors had warped and needed to either be turned or replaced. I am not a big fan of turning the rotors, and was looking for a replacement that was going to last longer and be better than stock. I checked out the drilled / slotted type of offerings as a replacement. I read stories of small cracks in the rotors over time, poor build quality, and overall i lost interest in the cool factor of the looks of them.

I looked at a complete brake upgrade and learned about baer, and tce. I was impressed, but the cost really turned me off. I finally decided i was going to find a replacement that would not break the bank.

Then wes offered the command rotors. I thought they would be a good replacement for my stockers because of their track record and manfacturing process. Why not give them a try.

I checked out their website and learned the following;

http://www.commandautomotive.com/testimonials.htm

What i got was an easy install, better pedal feel. Stronger feeling brakes, and most of all peace of mind. I hope these rotors live up to their claims of long live, no warpage, and overall better performance. Time will tell, but as for now i am happy i installed them and would recommend them to anyone wanting to do a 'slight' upgrade to their stock brake system.

For me, the bottom line is if i can get better brake performance and longer life out of the rotors and pads. Then, hey im in! So, thought you would like to know. Thanks wes.

* disclaimer -- dave didnt get compensated for his testomional, he did not get any cool guy deal with being the guena pig for these rotors, nor did he get paid for posting this. (but he should have!)

wchain
09-13-2005, 12:16 PM
* disclaimer -- dave didnt get compensated for his testomional, he did not get any cool guy deal with being the guena pig for these rotors, nor did he get paid for posting this. (but he should have!)

:lol:

Just remember, stopping is just as important as going! :pimp: :burnout:

Todd TCE
09-15-2005, 08:59 PM
A couple of comments on the fit of aftermarket rotors compared to those of the TCE kits mentioned.

Pedal feel should remain unchanged. 'Feel' comes via the relationship of master cylinder to caliper. The improved feel you mention probably comes from the fit of new and better pads. An improvement in friction will net you some added brake torque and thus the car stops better. A good investment.

Torque value does not change here. This comes only from the diameter of the rotor when determining the leverage of the rotor. A rotor change does not add brake torque unless it's bigger.

Slots, holes, dimples etc all can enhance the bite of the new pad. This is very nice just be aware that extended hard use where temps become highly elevated can break down some pad materials.

A good rotor replacement, reputable pad replacements and a set of SS braided hoses can go a very long way towards enhancing an otherwise marginal brake system. By far the best combo for those not wishing to invest heavily in full kits.

Dave Compson
09-16-2005, 01:34 PM
All that being said, a good rotor replacement, pad replacement and a set of SS braided hoses can go a very long way towards enhancing an otherwise marginal brake system.

Thanks.. appreciate it.

stryker
01-12-2006, 08:05 PM
A Picture Is Better Than Thousand Words.

Stryker.

MM2004
09-09-2006, 04:29 AM
This thread is a crap, No pics as I told you before post pics...!NOWWW!

STRYKER.

Hmmm,... This thread is just about 1 year old.

SergntMac
09-09-2006, 04:34 AM
This thread is a crap, No pics as I told you before post pics...!NOWWW!

STRYKER.You want pics of rotors and pads? Go to e-bay.

This thread contains more valuable 411 than not. Commentary from a hand-on install and an industry professional such as ToddTCE is worth more than a pic of a rotor, I wish you could SEE that.