PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cow! Performance is Unlocked!

seabreeze
08-31-2005, 04:38 PM
OK, I drove "Mo" for the past two days like the proverbial "little old lady going to church", trying to be nice and let the 4.10s break-in, as per Lidio's instructions. The Marauder feels a good 500 lb lighter under a light pedal touch, and reminds me of how effortless it felt when I first picked it up, compared to my Dad's Grand Marquis.

Well, after about 50 miles of nice, I had the opportunity to gun it from about 5 mph...WOW! The sound with the K&N intake, plus the 6200 shift point at WOT I'm sure had my eyes bugging out. Nice firm shift, and I was at 60 mph before I could count to 5 (at least, it felt that way!).

This big cat now has the heart of a PANTHER!

You guys are right, what a bang for the buck. And, the intake really tidies up the engine compartment to boot.

Thanks, Lidio and Alternative Auto, for giving me the 4-door Mustang GT I always wanted!

:D

Logan
08-31-2005, 06:19 PM
Heaven help you if you get seat time behind one of the multiple 12 second monsters up in your neck of the woods... The whole idea of spanking vette's with a 4400lb sedan just makes me giggle like a school girl...

PS - You're all welcome for that little visual... ;)

Petrograde
08-31-2005, 06:25 PM
... The whole idea of spanking vette's with a 4400lb sedan just makes me giggle like a school girl...

PS - You're all welcome for that little visual... ;)

:laugh: :rofl: :lol:

DEFYANT
08-31-2005, 09:05 PM
Seabreeze, you are now infected. Welcome to the collective

Thanks Logan! Pardon me as I jab my minds eye with an ice pick.

bigslim
08-31-2005, 10:40 PM
OK, I drove "Mo" for the past two days like the proverbial "little old lady going to church", trying to be nice and let the 4.10s break-in, as per Lidio's instructions. The Marauder feels a good 500 lb lighter under a light pedal touch, and reminds me of how effortless it felt when I first picked it up, compared to my Dad's Grand Marquis.

Well, after about 50 miles of nice, I had the opportunity to gun it from about 5 mph...WOW! The sound with the K&N intake, plus the 6200 shift point at WOT I'm sure had my eyes bugging out. Nice firm shift, and I was at 60 mph before I could count to 5 (at least, it felt that way!).

This big cat now has the heart of a PANTHER!

You guys are right, what a bang for the buck. And, the intake really tidies up the engine compartment to boot.

Thanks, Lidio and Alternative Auto, for giving me the 4-door Mustang GT I always wanted!

:D
We been telling you about this. Now let me tell about a little thing called a supercharger............. :D

Rider90
08-31-2005, 11:30 PM
And this is where it all starts..

You're hooked, enjoy it :burnout:

torinodan
08-31-2005, 11:33 PM
PS - You're all welcome for that little visual... ;)Logan... your so bad! Ice picks what?:D

ckadiddle
09-01-2005, 06:24 AM
I have been lusting for gears and the rest of DR's Stage 1 kit ever since I spoke to a local member that had just had the kit installed. Direct quote: "It DEFINITELY goes a LOT faster a LOT sooner!". Hoping to do it next year. Maybe I'll ask everyone for Reinhart gift certificates for Christmas....hhhmmm...

seabreeze
03-18-2006, 08:43 PM
I could swear I put a thumbs up in my original post...Still love the base tune!
Don't take this old post the wrong way!