PDA

View Full Version : Problem

FastMerc
09-08-2005, 05:57 PM
I was told by my dealer that they did not have the proper machine to do my frontend alingment(WHAT)in attempting to do so they ruined the finish of one of my wheels but they are replacing it,thats cool.They did however tell me that there is a place with this mach.A Dodge dealer can you believe that.I was told that this is due to the design of the wheel and the way the tire fits to it,they said that this mach came about due to the new wave of large size rims OK! sO I have to do some research on this.Anyone else go through this?

Petrograde
09-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Tell them to pull the wheels off of a 03-05 Crown Vic or Grand Marquis, that'll work just fine.

I did it a year ago,.. and she still tracks perfectly straight.

Logan
09-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Yep, it's happened before.

cyclone03
09-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Yup nothing new,been there got the four new wheels....

fastblackmerc
09-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Yup nothing new,been there got the four new wheels....
I asked my dealer to verify thay they did have the correct adapter. No problems....

FastMerc
09-09-2005, 05:06 AM
Cool guys thanks.with the steel wheels did they use marauder specs?

CRUZTAKER
09-09-2005, 05:19 AM
Hey Mark...Liberty on Rockside has the proper toolage for 18"s. Never let them do it before, but as you know, my fronts are worn inside really bad.

When I get that tire from Rick in Miami, I am gonna have new fronts put on at Herchecks road force in Macedonia, and then have the dealer align them.

Have the dealer align to the new specs Claude (carfixer) posted, NOT the factory specs.

shakes_26
09-09-2005, 05:48 AM
Its not a machine, but in fact adapters for the wheel mount. The adapters look like two hooks and they grab onto the treads of the TIRE, and then the wheel mount/reflectors mounts to it.

Always make sure they have it, the wheel mount thign they use otherwise has 4 sharp metal points and they WILL scratch the bejesus out of the rim,

FastMerc
09-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Hey guys I finaly found a Ford dealer with the right stuff,they sell Roush cars and have done many cars with odd rims.So I will see if they are right!:D