PDA

View Full Version : Attn Windy City Marauders

Rider90
09-08-2005, 10:50 PM
*yawn*

Who wants to go to a Chicken place for a great bacon cheeseburger?

Been awhile and it is coming close to the end of season for some. I know most of ya'll WCM guys go into hibernation and surface when the ground hog says so.

03marauder
09-09-2005, 05:26 AM
I'd be up for one. It has been awhile. Some of the guys are out of town though, right?

Bradley G
09-09-2005, 05:40 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20868
Soon enough? Or will you be Staying at home hang'in out in your Den?:D
I missed the show last year, Nice place, brand new(nearly)facility. Ford GT on display, free food, Trophies.
There were over a hundred cars on display two years ago,Best of all there is a wicked place for burnouts!:coolman:

Rider90
09-09-2005, 06:59 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20868
Soon enough? Or will you be Staying at home hang'in out in your Den?:D
I missed the show last year, Nice place, brand new(nearly)facility. Ford GT on display, free food, Trophies.
There were over a hundred cars on display two years ago,Best of all there is a wicked place for burnouts!:coolman:
I'm not too excited about dealer-held shows but thats just my opinion. We'll see what everyone says if they chime in.

Lou
09-09-2005, 08:13 AM
I'm up for a Chicken Run too. It's been a while.

I'm not too excited about dealer-held shows but thats just my opinion. We'll see what everyone says if they chime in.

Slowpoke
09-09-2005, 09:03 AM
I am up for somthing too - perhaps we can get Barry and/or the other person coming to town to join in too!

Bradley G
09-09-2005, 09:05 AM
Shame, This is a great event.The Dealer has been around for over seventy five years.
They have a great reputation.Ford's prestigous "Presidents award winner" for over ten years!
A lot of sacrifice goes into an event like this.
I get excieted at any gathering where nice folks meet and share stories ideas and laughs!
Hope we can get some local representation there!

stevengerard
09-09-2005, 10:06 AM
I'm up for either.

SilverStreak
09-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Jason,

Set it up and they will come. I'm hungry.:D

Rider90
09-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Sept 25th, anyone?

ex00p71
09-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Hey Jason, just a suggestion, maybe the Portillos in Elmhurst to make it easier for the members that are farther North. I think Elmhurst may be a good middle ground.

But a chicken run would good to.

Big Joe P
09-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Either.... OR....
Pick a day, time, and place, and show up.
Whoever can make it, will.
I know all about events that no one shows up for.....
I STILL like you guys though.....

Rider90
09-09-2005, 04:58 PM
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!
September 25th, 2005

Official Chicken Run
The usual place. Be there! starts 12 Noon so don't eat lunch before coming! If you can't make 12 noon, show up anytime, I should be there til 3 or 4 if people continue to show up.

If it rains - The chicken run will be rescheduled for the following week (Oct 2nd)

If it drizzles, so :dunno:

Hope to see you there :cool:

SergntMac
09-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Sept 25th, anyone?
Chicken Run on 25 Sep, 05, same place, same time, I'm in. Zack too.

Jason, you need to drive my MM and test my KB dead pedal. No excuses, now, eh? 500 HP at the rear wheels will show you what a dead pedal does.

To me, a "Chicken Run" means one thing, and most of us older Windy City members know what this call means, and respond to it.

Develope other meets too, that's okay, by the by. Other reasons, and other locations, are cool, and interesting as well. I'm as much into this "meet" crap as anyone here, but only as my schedule allows, just like anyone else.

Just don't call these other meets "Chicken Runs" too, please? A Chicken Run is something we started 3 maybe 4 years ago, and we have had some very memorable meets at Del's since then. Please let this title rest with it's history?

Hey Jason, just a suggestion, maybe the Portillos in Elmhurst to make it easier for the members that are farther North. I think Elmhurst may be a good middle ground. But a chicken run would good to.
This is exactly what I mean. This isn't any "Chicken Run", but I like hot dogs too. Find another tag, or, name for it, promote it, and see what happens?

You may end up with a "Hot Dog Run", which is cool too. BTW, the original "Chicken Run" took distance into consideration, the "50 yard line" between members was considered when Del Rea's Chicken Basket" got picked as a meet location. Proximity to real old "Route 66" pavement, was our second consideration back then. All in all, I see no need to change it.

If the date and time is right for me, I'll see y'all there. If not, I won't. Same as BigJoeP's invitations to EXIT. I'd love to be there with y'all, but can't promise I can make it due to it's late hour. This is a constant battle for me, I'm doing the best I can to be a good member of the Windy City Marauders.

Rider90
09-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Jason, you need to drive my MM and test my KB dead pedal. No excuses, now, eh? 500 HP at the rear wheels will show you what a dead pedal does.
I'd be interested in checking out that dead pedal of yours. I don't need to drive it, you behind the wheel would be just fine.

Looking forward to it. Thanks

Rider90
09-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Hey Jason, just a suggestion, maybe the Portillos in Elmhurst to make it easier for the members that are farther North. I think Elmhurst may be a good middle ground.

But a chicken run would good to.
John, I know we've discussed this and I like your thinking. I wonder how many members we have up north, I don't think too many besides myself and BradleyG along with some southern Wisconsin folks if they want to tag along. I think the majority are in the south now that I think of it. But hey, we can take a shot at it sometime and whatever happens, happens, I can always go for a hot dog.

One thing I like about Del Rhea's, well among others, is their large parking lot. Their lot isn't wrapped around the building like so many others, and the parking along the fence is perfect. If we pick a northern meet spot I'd like to drive by and check it out before we announce it.

2003_MM_FYRE49
09-10-2005, 05:56 AM
Sorry Guys, I'm out. I am finally having back surgery this Wednesday and I won't be able to drive for six weeks after that. :bigcry:

Lou
09-10-2005, 07:26 AM
OK, her's my $.02 worth. It's no big deal for me to go to Elmhurst or Del Rhaes. As a matter of fact, I enjoy driving my MM.

As a practical matter, the street in from of Del Rhaes is pretty empty most of the time without a lot of cross streets. Of course I know nobody here would EVER break any traffic laws :Pbut if they did, it seems Del Rhaes is safer.

John, I know we've discussed this and I like your thinking. I wonder how many members we have up north, I don't think too many besides myself and BradleyG along with some southern Wisconsin folks if they want to tag along. I think the majority are in the south now that I think of it. But hey, we can take a shot at it sometime and whatever happens, happens, I can always go for a hot dog.

One thing I like about Del Rhea's, well among others, is their large parking lot. Their lot isn't wrapped around the building like so many others, and the parking along the fence is perfect. If we pick a northern meet spot I'd like to drive by and check it out before we announce it.

UAW 588
09-10-2005, 07:32 AM
Sorry Guys, I'm out. I am finally having back surgery this Wednesday and I won't be able to drive for six weeks after that. :bigcry:
Tim, Good luck on your surgery and a speedy recovery. :)

jgc61sr2002
09-10-2005, 11:34 AM

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Good luck.

Bradley G
09-10-2005, 11:39 AM
Tim,

I hope all goes well for you.
A prayer for your good blessings! and a speedy recovery.

Rider90
09-10-2005, 12:20 PM
Good luck, I hope all goes well.

ex00p71
09-10-2005, 02:41 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by ex00p71
Hey Jason, just a suggestion, maybe the Portillos in Elmhurst to make it easier for the members that are farther North. I think Elmhurst may be a good middle ground. But a chicken run would good to.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>This is exactly what I mean. This isn't any "Chicken Run", but I like hot dogs too. Find another tag, or, name for it, promote it, and see what happens?

I never called it a chicken run, I just proposed another location to be more considerate for the members up North.

MarauderBoy
09-11-2005, 07:33 PM
This is Chicago, "Let's play two"!

2003_MM_FYRE49
09-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Thank you for the well wishes :)

Tallboy
09-12-2005, 08:22 PM

Finally, huh? I hope the surgery goes well, Tim. I'll see you next time I'm at my sister's place...

Slowpoke
09-13-2005, 06:12 AM
Chicken Run - Sept 25th -- SLOWPOKE will be there!!!

Tim - maybe someone can drive you there - I remember when I had back surgury 4 or 5 years ago. I was itching to get out of the house and, probably, you will be too.

03marauder
09-13-2005, 08:33 AM
So, what time is this gonna be at, or when do most people plan on showing up? Jason originally said 12, but Mac said something about same, time same place. That would be 2. So, are we showing up at 12 or 2?

Rider90
09-13-2005, 08:39 AM
So, what time is this gonna be at, or when do most people plan on showing up? Jason originally said 12, but Mac said something about same, time same place. That would be 2. So, are we showing up at 12 or 2?
I'm eating lunch, not something in between dinner and lunch...so 12 is when I'll show up. Show up whenever you want, or join me for a burger, cuz I'll be hungry :P

SilverStreak
09-13-2005, 08:42 AM
We'll be there at noon.:)

03marauder
09-13-2005, 08:47 AM
Cool, sounds good. Although I may be a little late, I have to work that morning. I'm just not sure until what time yet.

I'm eating lunch, not something in between dinner and lunch...so 12 is when I'll show up. Show up whenever you want, or join me for a burger, cuz I'll be hungry :P

Slowpoke
09-13-2005, 10:26 AM
I like noon too.

MarauderBoy
09-15-2005, 02:27 PM
Looking forward to it!

Rider90
09-18-2005, 09:07 AM
Bump.

Dave gonna debut his SRT-8?

bugsys03
09-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Now that Im back to lurker status, maybe i will park across the street and watch :)

CRUZTAKER
09-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Too bad it wasn't this Sunday...I had nothing more than laudry to do today.

I finally get to go home next weekend. I'll be back though .....through mid October they tell me....:(

I will miss you guys though. Wish I could make it.

Slowpoke
09-18-2005, 04:24 PM
we need for you to stay over on at least one weekend more so the powers that be at the Windy City Marauder District Office can plan an event in your honor.

1987LTDmasta
09-18-2005, 05:56 PM
so yeah i'm back..

i MIGHT make it. 25th is clear for me, and i need an excuse to bring out the LTD. she's been sitting quietly in the garage for a month.

stevengerard
09-18-2005, 07:36 PM
Now that Im back to lurker status, maybe i will park across the street and watch :)

Can I get a ride in your car, maybe I'll hide in the back seat.

SergntMac
09-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Zup with this?

We got a Chicken Run, or, not?

Paul T. Casey
09-19-2005, 11:21 AM
If someone would fill me in on the exact location (directions, etc.) I'd be happy to show. I arrive in the area on the 23rd (stating in Rochelle) and should be around for 12 or so days. Showing up for me depends on my work schedule, I'll stay in tune.

SilverStreak
09-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Hi Sarge,

AFAIK we do. This Sunday at high noon or whenever you can get there.
:food:

I just looked at my engine :eek: I better get to work.

Zup with this?

We got a Chicken Run, or, not?

Slowpoke
09-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Do you think it would be tacky for me to make a mindless post just to get this thread bumped to the top?

If so.... someone please inform Pault T Casey on exact criving directions so that he too may enjoy chicken!

stevengerard
09-21-2005, 12:43 PM
Do you think it would be tacky for me to make a mindless post just to get this thread bumped to the top?

If so.... someone please inform Pault T Casey on exact criving directions so that he too may enjoy chicken!

do you mean craving directions - think chicken, think MMs then drool

SergntMac
09-21-2005, 03:04 PM
If someone would fill me in on the exact location (directions, etc.) I'd be happy to show. My apologies, Paul, that one of our gang didn't get back to you sooner. Tsk tsk, no respect for senior members.

Anyway, get your butt to the interchange of State Route 83 and I-55. Del Rhea's Chicken Basket is at 645 Joliet Road, Willowbrook, IL. It's on a frontage road that used to be genuine Route 66.

To get there, drive north on Rt. 83 from I-55 to the first stop light north of the interchange. You'll see a Denny's on the east side of Rt. 83, nothing but trees on the west side. Turn right at the light, and right again, almost a full U-turn. This is the frontage road. You'll drive past the Denny's and two hotels, just follow the road through a few curves for about a half mile, to your one and only stop sign. Look straight ahead, you'll see us, and Del Rhea's. To your right is a dead end street, but this is actual Route 66 pavement in all it's glory.

I'll be there at the usual time, 2 PM.

http://suburbs.centerstage.net/music/clubs/dell-rheas.html

Slowpoke
09-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Paul - are you going to make it?

let's hear from the other Windy City folks....

Who will be there?

c'mon you know you want to go....

Bradley G
09-22-2005, 06:02 PM
You got that right Poke!

I will be at the Sessler Ford, car, truck and cycle show.
The show season is winding down, and most of the local events are chocked full of potential prospects.
Knock off a yard bird or two for Me!!!:baaa:

Paul - are you going to make it?

let's hear from the other Windy City folks....

Who will be there?

c'mon you know you want to go....

Paul T. Casey
09-22-2005, 06:02 PM
Looks good for me, I'll find out for sure tomorrow as to my work schedule. BTW, anyone know anything about the dragstrip at Byron?

Bradley G
09-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Nice track, well groomed.

Out past Rockford heading from the east.

Readily available for test and tune(anyones welcome)

Slowpoke
09-23-2005, 10:47 AM
Remember guys and gals....

Chicken Runs are RAIN OR SHINE events.

especially since we have a special out of town guest coming!

Paul T. Casey
09-23-2005, 04:38 PM
No work Sunday, so I'm in. If I can get out early enough tomorrow, test and tune at Rockford. I need some Illinois time slips in my collection.

Bradley G
09-24-2005, 09:55 PM
No work Sunday, so I'm in. If I can get out early enough tomorrow, test and tune at Rockford. I need some Illinois time slips in my collection.Sun. 25<SUP>th</SUP> T&T- Top Dog Shoot Out#3 –IMSM vs Midwest Fords
Your in luck Paul!
There will be an opportunity to race tomorrow.
Call me @ 224-639-2568 if you get up early enough.

Fastronald
09-25-2005, 08:22 AM
Will be out of the area. we'll be in Danville, Illinois.

Since it's raining, I'd be in the trusty daily driver 93' Vicki.

UAW 588
09-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Rain, rain go away. Are we still on.

SergntMac
09-25-2005, 10:41 AM
Rain, rain go away. Are we still on. Hope so, I'll be on my way shortly. As of an hour ago, so is Zack.

Rider90
09-25-2005, 05:52 PM
It was great seeing you all again, and always meeting new people. Thanks again Mac for letting me check out the dead pedal. And thanks to Zack for bringing those parts, if I can get my ass in gear tonight I'll put the car in the air and get it done.

SergntMac
09-25-2005, 06:11 PM
It was great seeing you all again, and always meeting new people. Thanks again Mac for letting me check out the dead pedal. And thanks to Zack for bringing those parts, if I can get my ass in gear tonight I'll put the car in the air and get it done. Low turn out, but pleasing nonetheless. I love hanging out with MM owners, and the CV/PI with the spotlight is cool too...LOL, J/K.

Jason, when I toss you my keys and say "do what you gotta do" you look at me like I got an axe stuck in the back of my head. It's a fun car, dude, enjoy it. No big deal, eh?

Thanks to all for a fun afternoon, despite the rain. What's next...Does Portillo's serve chillidogs? Tamale boats?

Thanks to Paul T Casey for stopping by. Paul, this was probably our lighest meet to date, but we're a loose clan too. As long as you're in the area, be ready for the spontaneous.

Can we try a meet somewhere up north? I'm kinda tired of driving just 30 miles to hook up with friends...

Rider90
09-25-2005, 06:19 PM
Low turn out, but pleasing nonetheless. I love hanging out with MM owners, and the CV/PI with the spotlight is cool too...LOL, J/K.

Jason, when I toss you my keys and say "do what you gotta do" you look at me like I got an axe stuck in the back of my head. It's a fun car, dude, enjoy it. No big deal, eh?

Thanks to all for a fun afternoon, despite the rain. What's next...Does Portillo's serve chillidogs? Tamale boats?

Thanks to Paul T Casey for stopping by. Paul, this was probably our lighest meet to date, but we're a loose clan too. As long as you're in the area, be ready for the spontaneous.

Can we try a meet somewhere up north? I'm kinda tired of driving just 30 miles to hook up with friends...
North?? Naww, you didn't just say NORTH, didja? I think ya'll WCM guys need to purchase some parts, then come over to my place to install them. A Mod Day?? Alright I tried, now your turn. I know its a fun car, and I cannot thank you enough for being so cool with the keys, I'm not dissin' you or your car so don't take it the wrong way.....deal?

ex00p71
09-25-2005, 06:30 PM
Hey it came with the :censor: spotlight!

Up North sounds good, maybe it won't be such a crappy day.

It was good seeing you guys again.

stevengerard
09-25-2005, 07:23 PM
Sorry, my daughter had a soccer game right there in Downers Grove, I figured we would stop by right after - around 1:00 PM. My Wife wanted to come with the all our kids and my mother-in-law, so that meant I drove with all of them and the Suburban. Got back home around 2:30 and it was pouring so I just spent time with the family.

Rider90
09-25-2005, 08:58 PM
Sorry, my daughter had a soccer game right there in Downers Grove, I figured we would stop by right after - around 1:00 PM. My Wife wanted to come with the all our kids and my mother-in-law, so that meant I drove with all of them and the Suburban. Got back home around 2:30 and it was pouring so I just spent time with the family.
Sorry you spent time with the family?? Nah take that back, we'll catch ya another time.....And if you don't come next time, BBQ @ Steve's place.

stevengerard
09-25-2005, 10:23 PM
Sorry you spent time with the family?? Nah take that back, we'll catch ya another time.....And if you don't come next time, BBQ @ Steve's place.
Huge deck, a jaccuzi, kids welcome, tire patch's in front of the house already, I'll have a BBQ any day you guys want.

jrzygrl
09-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Son of a b****!!! A day late and a dollar short!!!!!

MarauderBoy
09-26-2005, 02:56 PM
Great seeing everyone again and many new faces. Good to be back in the swing of things. I agree that a new place would be fun too. Although Dell's is the sentimental favorite are there any Buffalo Wild Wings up North?

Mark

bugsys03
09-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Buffalo Wild Wings in Algonquin,IL

Rider90
09-26-2005, 03:48 PM
Buffalo Wild Wings in Algonquin,IL
There is one here in Mount Prospect too, never been to one...

Shaft333
09-26-2005, 03:59 PM
BWW... Isn't that kind of like going to Hooter's without the cute waitresses in tight clothes?

Paul T. Casey
09-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Well I'm glad I showed. Even enjoyed my little impromtu trip through Chi-town. I left you guys a present down on the old piece of rte 66. It's black, parallel, and about 40 ft long. Next trip to the chicken joint go check it out. BTW, is Union Grove considered North? (That would be Nawth in my language). They seem to run a lot of 6-10 pm stuff during the week, and in a few days I can be coercied into missing a few zzz's. I did get some good pic's also. I'll post them in a few days.

UAW 588
09-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Son of a b****!!! A day late and a dollar short!!!!!
I guess that happens when you have been abducted by aliens, and been gone for a while. But that smell of chicken will help you find your way home. :burnout:

SergntMac
09-26-2005, 08:32 PM
Well I'm glad I showed. Even enjoyed my little impromtu trip through Chi-town. I left you guys a present down on the old piece of rte 66. It's black, parallel, and about 40 ft long. Next trip to the chicken joint go check it out. BTW, is Union Grove considered North? (That would be Nawth in my language). They seem to run a lot of 6-10 pm stuff during the week, and in a few days I can be coercied into missing a few zzz's. I did get some good pic's also. I'll post them in a few days.
You didn't go back for a pic? Shame on you, Paul. No sweat, I'll be up that way soon myself, I'll see if I can capture some paw prints for you.

Yup..."Da 'Grove" is "nawth" of us all. 'Nuther state too, where you need to watch your speed, and posted limits. No goofing around here.

You call the date, Paul, I can be there. Hope the rest of y'all who take cover under the Windy City banner can show too...

Fire95Z28
01-29-2006, 04:31 PM
Well MAc if you remember i don't think I went back for a pic when I lit my Z28 up there at the chicken basket. Thats a tough area for law enforcement