PDA

View Full Version : Off to Dallas Texas

CRUZTAKER
03-20-2003, 04:29 PM
My company is shipping me off to Dallas for the next 25 days starting monday the 24th. There is no telecom work in my area. The choice was New York, St. Louis, or Dallas. The other locations were small jobs, Dallas was the biggest. So, to avoid a layoff, I chose Dallas.

I have never been to Texas, and know nothing, or anyone there. It's sure to be a lonely month living in a hotel working nights so far from home. I have done it before, but not since I have been married, and certainly not since the boy. It is unfortunate that his 2nd birthday is on April 5, and I will miss it. But atleast I will be home by Easter, and I still have a job.

If there are members in the area, let me know. Maybe someone can give me advice or company, or whatever. I will be at a loss for the internet. Therefore I would love to find a library, or cafe to keep up with all the good stuff.

I will be staying in Richardson, Tx.
Working in Farmer's Ranch, Tx.
And flying in and out of Dallas monday March 24th thru April 18th.

Barry aka CRUZTAKER

LincMercLover
03-20-2003, 04:36 PM
I'm sure Logan will let ya bunk with him. Maybe even sleep out in the Cougar? :D

Slowpoke
03-20-2003, 04:47 PM
make sure you get to Sonny Bryans [sp?] The best 'dang BBQ this northerner ever had!

Last time I was there I bought 2 dozen jars and gave them all away to friends.... my friends came back begging for more as if I was a sleazy street pusher selling crack.

RF Overlord
03-20-2003, 04:55 PM
CRUZ:

I kinda know how you feel...I worked at the Olympics for 2 months, living in a hotel room...it'll pass quicker if you keep yourself busy...find neat things to explore in your off time...

Is this little trip punishment for blowing up that bank's network?

:lol: J/K :lol:

gja
03-20-2003, 05:13 PM
Hey LML,
I'll sleep in the Cougar if the kittens are part of the sleeping arrangements.....
ah, my wife never reads these threads....

CRUZTAKER
03-20-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by LincMercLover
I'm sure Logan will let ya bunk with him. Maybe even sleep out in the Cougar? :D

Logan has not answered my PM'S. I am sure he is too busy, or has me blocked. No biggie, I didn't want to impose anyway, just get advice.....and maybe see a fast Lincoln.

Originally posted by RF Overlord
Is this little trip punishment for blowing up that bank's network?
First thing this morning, it was'nt my fault..........by 1pm today, it's my fault again. They (SBC) found incredible damage on the backplane of the bay in question. All I know is, I didn't f$%&ing do it. Someone is trying to burn us. (We are one of the few non-union telecoms out there). Atleast my company, and several SBC employees are backing me.
We meet with the vice president, the accusers, and my people tomorrow at 8:30 am. That's when I give them a piece of my mind.

Either way, It's off to DAAAAAALAS......where's the mechanical bulls and tequilla?????

LincMercLover
03-20-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
I worked at the Olympics for 2 months,

And just WHICH Olympics were you working at RF? :lol:

RF Overlord
03-20-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
That's when I give them a piece of my mind.

Man, oh man, oh man...I REALLY want to say:

"Are you sure you can spare it?!"

...but I won't...

:lol: :censor:

Seriously, good luck in TX...I hope there's more work for you when you get home...

WolfeBros
03-20-2003, 05:24 PM
Cruz,
PM me with where you are gonna be staying. I will be traveling some during that time as well but maybe we can hook up. I can at least help you on things to do in the area.

Logan
03-20-2003, 05:47 PM
Ignoring you? Naaaaw.... Busy? Absolutely. My day is:

Babies.
Work.
Babies.
Lunch.
Work.
Babies.
Supper.
Babies.
Internet.
TV.
Sleep.
Babies.
Sleep.
Babies.
Sleep
Babies.
Repeat again next day. :)

If you're working in Farmer's branch, well, I WORK in farmer's branch... :) I'm sure we can catch lunch and we do have a local meeting 2nd Thursday in April too...

TAF
03-20-2003, 06:28 PM
Hey CRUZ,

You'll like the "Bid D"...

Lots of long, flat roads to "cruz"...you taking your Marauder? Or flying out and renting a Sable?

I'm sure with Logan & Wolfe out there, you'll be well taken care of...

We want DETAILS if there are any "kitten sightings"!!!

gja
03-20-2003, 06:47 PM
AAAAHHHHHHH!
Not the dreaded Sable!

TAF
03-20-2003, 07:01 PM
AAAAHHHHHHH!Not the dreaded Sable!

The new guys that haven't done their "homework" probably think we're "nuts"....

Of course that wouldn't be TOO far from the truth :lol:

jgc61sr2002
03-20-2003, 07:35 PM
Cruz Enjoy your working vacation, I know you will miss your MM. There are many members in Texas , you can probably hook up with. John:(

1badcar
03-20-2003, 07:42 PM
I think you will enjoy Dallas. Great City. Easy to get in and out of. I was there just last month. Wish I could have stayed longer, but the weather shortened my trip (ice storm).

WolfeBros
03-20-2003, 09:15 PM
I sent Cruz a PM with my home/office phone number.
I am going to be gone part of that time as well but hopefully we can hook up. Any of you other guys that visit, pass thru, or get stranded here. Let me know. Would always like to meet and talk cars with you. (ok maybe girls and beer might be mentioned as well) ;)

golfnut
03-21-2003, 12:42 PM
I live in Fort Worth, tons of stuff to do around here. Pm me while your here and I will show the way to the dark side.....

2004 MARAUDER
03-21-2003, 05:47 PM
Cruz: I live ~ 350 miles from Dallas, but FWIW, the Dallas car show is March 26-30. I go every year. It's a great show if you like that kind of stuff.

golfnut: Are you really a golf nut? My best friend lives in Fort Worth and he is a real golf nut!!!

2004 MARAUDER--aka Jim