PDA

View Full Version : Give me a SSHS5 shirt slogan, get a free shirt!

Lazy Destroyer
09-14-2005, 09:10 AM
***Didn't know if this should go in the Open forum or the Events forum since it's for an event shirt, mods, feel free to move it if need be...***

Whats up guys! http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/images/smilies/wave.gif
I'm whipping up the shirts and being partially lazy.

Last year I had a quote: "In war, there is no substitute for victory." Since there was a war theme.

But I'd figure I'd let you guys decide what went on the shirts this year, so give me some suggestions. If I use your suggestion, you'll get a free shirt.

It can be something like "The ultimate heavyweight shootout returns." or "Why go on a diet when you make this much HP." or whatever! It can even be a non-original quote like last years was.

The only thing I ask is not to be too specific on car models (this is a heavyweight event with multiple car types). Anything goes, but something like "Step up with the Big Dogs or stay on the porch like a b***h" might be pushing it! Don't want to offend anyone! But I can be talked out of it if it's real good! http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

Feel free to use any of the ones I mentioned if you like them, though. I'm not winning my own shirt.

Also, it's hard for me to keep track of all the forums of those attending SSHS, so this is the only Marauder one I'm on. If there is another, feel free to link them to here!

You only have a few days, shirts need to be finalized soon...

Tallboy
09-14-2005, 09:34 AM
"Big boys with Big toys"

"We got the lead [led] out"

"Got Iron?"

"Bigger. Faster. Stronger"

"Large and in Charge"

"Bring it. ALL of it."

"Slick, Souped, Hot Sedans"

"Big Dogs Gone Wild"

STLR FN
09-14-2005, 10:25 AM
"Heavyweights Aren't for Kids"

"Sumo isn't a wrestling sport anymore"

"Boats are a flying"

"Who let the heavies Out?"

"Big and Bad, Need I say More?"

Hack Goby
09-14-2005, 10:35 AM
"These ain`t your grandpa`s sedans"..."Four door freak show"...."Heavyweight Maddness"...."The need for heavyweight speed"...Southern Super Heavyweight shootout 5,"LAST CALL" Seeing that its the last year.

Bradley G
09-14-2005, 10:41 AM
A little one sided

"In God We Trust"

duhtroll
09-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Heavy Metal Lives (with accompanying theme song)

Smokie
09-14-2005, 10:54 AM
SSHS5: BRING WHAT YOU GOT...OR SHUT UP.:D

ckadiddle
09-14-2005, 11:50 AM
"If you can't run with the Big Dogs, you'd better stay on the porch!"
"You Could Have Had A V8!"
"Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout - Tons of Fun for everyone!"
"Is that a Hyundai stuck in your grill?"
"Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout - Where Bigger IS Faster!"
"Where's The Beef? - It's At The Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout!"
"Torque Dirty To Me!"
"SUPERSIZE ME At The Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout!"
"Would you like that SUPERSIZED?"

martyo
09-14-2005, 12:06 PM
SSHS5: BRING WHAT YOU GOT...OR SHUT UP.:D

SSHS5: Big Dogs barking loud!

2003 MIB
09-14-2005, 12:28 PM
MPH not MPG

Boats ain't just for Water

fastblackmerc
09-14-2005, 02:49 PM
MPH not MPG

MM to ricer.... "I got more torque in my lug nuts then you have in your engine!"

01 Interceptor
09-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Size matters.

MarauderMark
09-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Can't get along? Then lets get it on!:up:

Petrograde
09-14-2005, 03:18 PM
MPH not MPG

^^^THIS ONE^^^ :up:

..although I've read several great ones.

jdando
09-14-2005, 04:29 PM
More plus sizes than Lane Bryant.

Four Doors, Full Frames and Fast

Bigger than the rest, quicker than ???? (could not think of anything to rhyme:()

Bigger than Oprah, bigger than Star, its the SSHS5.

SSHS5, what real men drive

SSHS5, Bring us your fast, Bring us your big, bring us your V-8 longing to be fast

jeremy

Joe Walsh
09-14-2005, 04:57 PM

LOL..... :lol:

How about:

"Lead Sleds, V8s are Fed, Gravitys Shed."

OR

"Don't show up unless you can fit a Honda in your trunk."

Two Hawks
09-14-2005, 11:00 PM
Smokin' Sedans with Horsepower and Style

Hot and heavy
Big, bad and out of production :lol:

2003 MIB
09-15-2005, 03:34 AM
Size matters.
This is the one!:bows:

Hack Goby
09-16-2005, 05:45 AM
Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout ACT 5 "The Atlanta Smack Down"

mpearce
09-16-2005, 06:07 AM
"Big muscle...a lotta hustle"

BigMerc
09-17-2005, 03:32 AM
something big and fast....besides your wife :P

Lazy Destroyer
09-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Size matters.

This is the one!:bows: I'm diggin that one, but unfortnately we got a guy on the Impala forum who beat him to it :(

01 Interceptor
09-18-2005, 12:04 AM
Yeah...I am surprised that I was the first one here! :)

Bradley G
09-19-2005, 06:00 AM
Battle of the Bulge!
XL please :P

martyo
09-19-2005, 06:12 AM
Battle of the Bulge!
XL please :P

IMHO, that should be the winner!

Bradley G
09-19-2005, 06:18 AM
Thanks Marty!

:bows:

IMHO, that should be the winner!

Lazy Destroyer
09-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'm gonna tinker with some things and get back with you all when they are available for pre-order.:)

Bradley G
09-19-2005, 07:19 PM
What is 9c1 in your sig?

Looking at a clean SS locally, anything I should look for?

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'm gonna tinker with some things and get back with you all when they are available for pre-order.:)

Lazy Destroyer
09-21-2005, 07:00 PM

Testing the waters, let me know if this design (http://www.flaming-martini.net/thelazydestroyer/SSHS5back1copy2.JPG) is good or if it pushes anyones buttons.

Lazy Destroyer
09-21-2005, 07:09 PM
What is 9c1 in your sig?

Looking at a clean SS locally, anything I should look for? 9C1 is the police package for the Caprices, and is "pretty much" the same thing as an Impala SS minus the cosmetic stuff.

Definately make sure it has WX3 on the SPID code sticker in the trunk, which confirms it is actually an SS model. As you can see in my sig, it doesnt take much effort to make a cheaper Caprice look like a more expensive SS. We see this happen a lot on ebay. The water pumps like chewing up their own seals after 100k which dumps coolant on the opti distributor directly under it (real smart design huh :rolleyes: ). But otherwise the engines are pretty reliable. Transmissions are hit or miss, but a car in stock form are usually okay. Other than that, the usual stuff like rust and all being up north. You may want to check the Impala SS Forum (http://www.impalassforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?action=intro)fo r any sellers in the area.

Bradley G
09-21-2005, 08:08 PM
It's all SS, The only thing(s) I don't care for is Colum shifter and Digital Speedo.

But sooping around in the SS Impala forums, I found out that these could be changed.
The gentleman selling it, is a super nice guy.
The car is black w/ 112,000 miles and he wants $9500.
I looKed at the Forums and a newer one with 60 k was a thousand less.
But no pictures.

9C1 is the police package for the Caprices, and is "pretty much" the same thing as an Impala SS minus the cosmetic stuff.

Definately make sure it has WX3 on the SPID code sticker in the trunk, which confirms it is actually an SS model. As you can see in my sig, it doesnt take much effort to make a cheaper Caprice look like a more expensive SS. We see this happen a lot on ebay. The water pumps like chewing up their own seals after 100k which dumps coolant on the opti distributor directly under it (real smart design huh :rolleyes: ). But otherwise the engines are pretty reliable. Transmissions are hit or miss, but a car in stock form are usually okay. Other than that, the usual stuff like rust and all being up north. You may want to check the Impala SS Forum (http://www.impalassforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?action=intro)fo r any sellers in the area.

MarauderMark
09-22-2005, 04:49 AM
It works:up:
http://www.flaming-martini.net/thelazydestroyer/SSHS5back1copy2.JPG

Lazy Destroyer
09-22-2005, 05:39 AM
I'm probably going to change it back to simply "Size matters" but other than that, that'll be the back design. I'll post up more details on pre-ordering when I get a chance later today!

MM03MOK
09-22-2005, 05:48 AM
I'm probably going to change it back to simply "Size matters" but other than that, that'll be the back design. I think that would be a good idea.

The :bunny: Lady

martyo
09-22-2005, 06:06 AM
I think that would be a good idea.[/b]

I agree. Especially since a lot of the guys around here don't have and can't get ladies anyway. :P

:rofl:

TooManyFords
09-25-2005, 07:01 AM
I think we should go with some Marauder specific shirts too. Use the "Big, Black and Baddass" adding "@ SSHS5" to the end of the logo Donny has on the back, and a smaller one on the front left with something like "SSHS5 Marauders" under it.

Just for us Marauder guys!

Donny, can you photochop this up for preview?

John

MarauderTJA
09-25-2005, 03:32 PM
I think we should go with some Marauder specific shirts too. Use the "Big, Black and Baddass" adding "@ SSHS5" to the end of the logo Donny has on the back, and a smaller one on the front left with something like "SSHS5 Marauders" under it.

Donny, can you photochop this up for preview?

John
I will have the Marauder race team shirts ready for Atlanta Dragway event...Still working on the design. I plan to give them out free to all the Marauders who attend.

MarauderMark
09-25-2005, 04:51 PM

Or "Big, Black and Beautiful , Don't make me whip it out". :D