PDA

View Full Version : trouble codes

Mongoose
09-19-2005, 07:06 AM
How about a section in the FAQ for listing ecm trouble codes and their explanations or does anybody have a link to a list?

grampaws
09-19-2005, 08:43 AM
http://www.obdiicsu.com/Docs/DTC/DTCData.html
basic diagnostic codes...
Most readers/programmers come with list
of specific codes for the model of car the
reader is desgned for..:)

Mongoose
09-20-2005, 02:08 AM
http://www.obdiicsu.com/Docs/DTC/DTCData.html
basic diagnostic codes...
Most readers/programmers come with list
of specific codes for the model of car the
reader is desgned for..:)
Thanks Grampaws
I checked out that list. It contained only the government required powertrain DTCs but was incomplete. Today (thanks to a friend at Autozone since I don't have a reader, yet) my ECM showed a P0457 code which is a loose gas cap or defective gas cap seal. This code did not show up on that list. I found other sites that also had incomplete lists.

I've decided to scour the web and my Helms manual and compile a list of all applicable government required DTCs (eg: P0xxx) and vehicle specific (Marauder/Grand Marquis/Crown Vic) DTCs (eg: P1xxx powertrain, B1xxx body, C1xxx chassis) and save it in a Word.doc.

I haven't done any research on the readers yet but I would like to hear from any owners about their particular reader (plus/minuses). I would assume that dealerships use a specific Ford approved device that contains all the codes.

PAPAJOHN
09-20-2005, 04:48 AM
Thanks Grampaws
I checked out that list. It contained only the government required powertrain DTCs but was incomplete. Today (thanks to a friend at Autozone since I don't have a reader, yet) my ECM showed a P0457 code which is a loose gas cap or defective gas cap seal. This code did not show up on that list. I found other sites that also had incomplete lists.

I've decided to scour the web and my Helms manual and compile a list of all applicable government required DTCs (eg: P0xxx) and vehicle specific (Marauder/Grand Marquis/Crown Vic) DTCs (eg: P1xxx powertrain, B1xxx body, C1xxx chassis) and save it in a Word.doc.

I haven't done any research on the readers yet but I would like to hear from any owners about their particular reader (plus/minuses). I would assume that dealerships use a specific Ford approved device that contains all the codes.
Go to www.superchips.com and download the instructions for the Ford DTC Reader. It has the codes, including your P0457

grampaws
09-20-2005, 07:41 AM
The superchips works really well for me, but I am thinking of trying

one of the new X-cal2..the 1725 could be gotten used cheap as guys
to upgrade...:)