PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Nano

Reaper948
09-19-2005, 09:58 AM
ordered it about 1 hour after it was on the website -- 3 days later....a 1 ounce MP3 with a 250 lbs kid.....great stuff! :)

Hooked up to my hardwire in my car to my head unit....1000 songs connected the black-matching Rauder is complete.--

NANOOOOO (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC05003.JPG)

CRUZTAKER
09-19-2005, 04:09 PM
What's the capacity on the NANO?

I got 40gb and will likely never it....how about those 120gb's????

Insane capacity.

Dark_Knight7096
09-19-2005, 05:10 PM
The Nano's will hold approx 1000 songs that's assuming 128kbps and an approx 3-4 minute song length if i'm not mistaken (which i probably am). I know the capacity is correct cause i just saw a commercial but the encoding and length is what i am unsure of. I would have gotten the 40 myself Barry, if they made it in U2. I just don't get down on the white/grey theme, the black/red is far more appealing to my eye. I beleive the 120gb ones are the iPod Photos, meant to hold digital pictures and play them in slide show format. Way too many bells and whistles for me, to tell the truth my U2 edition is probably a little too much for my needs and uses but oh well, I like being unique.

CRUZTAKER
09-19-2005, 05:24 PM
.... if they made it in U2. I just don't get down on the white/grey theme, the black/red is far more appealing to my eye.
Mine came with a free leather case...in fact...the whole kit and iPod was free...:rolleyes:

Cartman
09-19-2005, 05:31 PM
The nano comes in a 2GB and 4GB model with a choice of a black or white face plate.

Dark_Knight7096
09-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Mine came with a free leather case...in fact...the whole kit and iPod was free...:rolleyes:Ok you win. :lol:

Sorry about my comment. I wasn't trying to bust on the other iPods. I was going to get a standard one as well but then I heard about the black and red U2 one coming out so I opted to wait. If it didn't come out i would have just gone with the other. So i'm sorry if you took it the wrong way, now that i read it it doesn't look too great. You should see my fiances brother's iPod COLLECTION. He keeps going through them left and right, burning their batteries out (glitch on the very early ones). He burnt out a Gen 1, and a Gen 2, he now uses them as portable hard drives, sick stuff. Now he has a 40gb one that's full, a 20gb one that's full (all different songs), 2 minis, and a photo he keeps all his pics on. Talk about someone with more money than they know what to do with. So once again sorry if I sounded like i was dumpin on the other iPods i surely was not.

CRUZTAKER
09-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Ok you win. :lol:

Sorry about my comment. I wasn't trying to bust on the other iPods.
Oh hell...I sure didn't take your comment badly in any way. I would have liked a black one as well I guess...problem was...I had never even seen nor heard of an iPod before HP gave us one as a sales award.

That thing sat in my closet for 6 months or more. It would still be there had I not read a few threads around here that spoke of this little thing.

Now I love it!!!
The only draw back so far is that I do not have a cassette deck in my beater car....and therefore have no way to use in the Vic.:depress:

Mad4Macs
09-20-2005, 08:04 PM
You should see my fiances brother's iPod COLLECTION. He keeps going through them left and right, burning their batteries out (glitch on the very early ones).

Send him here;
http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/ipod/batteryreplacement/
Contrary to a lot of FUD out there, iPod batteries are EASILY and CHEAPLY changed out. I've done a few, and can do it in about 5 minutes.
Beats buying a new one just 'cause the battery died :D

Reaper948
09-20-2005, 11:43 PM
Well u could always get a head unit and hardwire it to your car......:) i did

I also got the casette connecting thingy - although i was wrong to get it - failling to notice no casette in my moms aviator.... SHOOT!

twolow
09-21-2005, 06:32 AM
Target sells a FM modulator that plugs into the top of the IPOD or MINI. It is the same color and shape and you pretty much cant tell its there once connected.

I clip the IPOD MINI to the sun visor and it is strong enough to come in pretty well on the FM.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000AAAPF.16._AA260_SCLZZZZZZ Z_.jpg

Dark_Knight7096
09-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Target sells a FM modulator that plugs into the top of the IPOD or MINI. It is the same color and shape and you pretty much cant tell its there once connected.

I clip the IPOD MINI to the sun visor and it is strong enough to come in pretty well on the FM.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000AAAPF.16._AA260_SCLZZZZZZ Z_.jpg
I'd caution you guys before getting the iTrip. I had one myself, I had a black one and they look good on top the iPod and work pretty well, but they are very fragile. I dropped mine and it has not worked since, they use a crystal that modulates at a certain frequency to give you the FM signal, if you damage that it's all over and you have to buy a new one. Another draw back, Griffin says that the iTrip will not suck too much battery out of your iPod, well i'm callin :bs: on that claim. My battery on a fully charged iPod would last me about 2 hours tops with the iTrip attached. Also too, while it is not difficult to change the station on the iTrip, it is inconvenient and requires you stop listening to your song and actually requires you to tweak how you organize your library. Once my iTrip broke i went to the apple store in NY and asked their opinion. The guy pointed me towards Monster's iCarplay Plus. It plugs into the docking connector on the bottom of the iPod and connects to your cigarette lighter. The FM tuner is midway between these two points and it has three presets, super easy and convenient to change the station even while driving. Also too not only does it run off your cars battery so it won't suck your iPod dry, it charges the iPod while you listen, so when you get where you are going you have even more listen time then when you started. For an iTrip youre looking around 30 dollars or so, it's not a bad value and you can use it in the house too on home stereo units (approx 25 foot range on it). The Monster iCarplay Plus went for 80 at the apple store but I'm much happier with that.

wchain
09-21-2005, 11:14 AM
I like my Zen Micro

CRUZTAKER
09-21-2005, 04:39 PM
This has turned out to be very informative for me...thanks guys.

Me..who just figured out a cheap $16 inverter from walmart charges my laptop in like 15 minutes....:rolleyes: