PDA

View Full Version : It's in the tune

Mr Johnson
09-19-2005, 05:24 PM
I finally got around to ordering the stock Marauder tune with an XCal2 and it is :bandit:

I don't hate the transmission when coming out of corners anymore! Why oh why did I wait so long?!? Thank you Lidio for a superb job! :beer:

Now it's just a matter of time to convince the wife that we need *two* supercharged four doors in the family! :D

Smokie
09-19-2005, 05:38 PM
I finally got around to ordering the stock Marauder tune with an XCal2 and it is :bandit:

I don't hate the transmission when coming out of corners anymore! Why oh why did I wait so long?!? Thank you Lidio for a superb job! :beer:

Now it's just a matter of time to convince the wife that we need *two* supercharged four doors in the family! :DCongratulations, is your xcal2 set up to allow you to change parameters yourself?

Lidio
09-19-2005, 06:13 PM

Now it's just a matter of time to convince the wife that we need *two* supercharged four doors in the family! :D

Glad to hear you happy with your Xcal.

The end user adjustment feature is not totally ready yet from SCT, but any day now.

Thanks

Smokie
09-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Glad to hear you happy with your Xcal.

The end user adjustment feature is not totally ready yet from SCT, but any day now.

ThanksLidio, you don't have Advantage 3.0 software? I thought the Beta version is available to SCT dealers.:confused:

Lidio
09-20-2005, 03:56 AM
Lidio, you don't have Advantage 3.0 software? I thought the Beta version is available to SCT dealers.:confused:

I actually have the non beta version now and am just now getting used to it but I believe the Xcal-2's them selves still need a firmware update in order for the onboard adjustments and onboard monitoring to work. SCT should be releasing this any day now.

Eric91Z
09-20-2005, 04:02 AM

Hey, I thought you said you weren't going to do anything to the Marauder. Keep it the comfortable daily driver and the Lexus was the toy... ;)

I just got done paying the tax, title, and license on the car yesterday and it was about an XCal2 less than I had figured it would be. I plan on ordering mine the beginning of next week!!! :banana:

Smokie
09-20-2005, 04:09 AM
I actually have the non beta version now and am just now getting used to it but I believe the Xcal-2's them selves still need a firmware update in order for the onboard adjustments and onboard monitoring to work. SCT should be releasing this any day now.
I thought the SCT dealers can already activate end user functions, the software that has not been released yet is the the one you download directly from the SCT site.

I could have it wrong, SCT has had delays with the software release. It was supposed to be released in August.

Mr Johnson
09-20-2005, 10:23 AM
Hey, I thought you said you weren't going to do anything to the Marauder. Keep it the comfortable daily driver and the Lexus was the toy... ;)

I just got done paying the tax, title, and license on the car yesterday and it was about an XCal2 less than I had figured it would be. I plan on ordering mine the beginning of next week!!! :banana:

I said I told the wife I wouldn't mod it for a year after I got it. It's almost two now and this is a very minor mod. The more I drove the other car the more the transmission behavior would annoy me and it finally reached a breaking point. You will enjoy the difference!

Now to get SCT to release the new firmware and software to allow me to twiddle! :arcade:

Lidio
09-20-2005, 12:55 PM
I thought the SCT dealers can already activate end user functions, the software that has not been released yet is the the one you download directly from the SCT site.

I could have it wrong, SCT has had delays with the software release. It was supposed to be released in August.

Yep... I tried it today and talked to them as well. The new version does allow the hand held Xcal-2 to allow end user to make some adjustments from with in the unit itself now. Sorry, I just didnt make the time to try it out yet even on my own stuff.

Thanks

Mr Johnson
09-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Yep... I tried it today and talked to them as well. The new version does allow the hand held Xcal-2 to allow end user to make some adjustments from with in the unit itself now. Sorry, I just didnt make the time to try it out yet even on my own stuff.

Thanks

So do we ask you for the XTR file for our tune and then run Xtreme tune or ???
:help:

Edit: I'm going to do some research to see how this tool works but any shortcuts obviously welcome.

Lidio
09-20-2005, 07:18 PM
So do we ask you for the XTR file for our tune and then run Xtreme tune or ???
:help:

Edit: I'm going to do some research to see how this tool works but any shortcuts obviously welcome.

At this time I dont support e-mailing or giveing out the files for the custom tunes that I sell for the MM's and most other Ford's.

Its still to easy for some one to take my tunes and share them plus install them in a hand held they may have purchased from some one else.

I will start to support minor adjustments from with in the hand held its self ASAP though.

Thanks

Mr Johnson
08-30-2006, 05:24 PM
So bringing this post back from the dead one year later. I went back to the factory tune for a couple weeks and in going back I really like the engagment of the OD a bit earlier than it is now. I gain about 1.5-2 MPG as well, which was really surprising.

In any case: What do I do to get the ability to make minor mods with my XCal? Ship it back to you? Does it have to have to return my car to stock before shipping it back? Cost?

Thanks.

max454
08-30-2006, 07:26 PM
i would also like to know, bought it from lidio
thanks.

kj31067
09-05-2006, 08:11 AM
So bringing this post back from the dead one year later. I went back to the factory tune for a couple weeks and in going back I really like the engagment of the OD a bit earlier than it is now. I gain about 1.5-2 MPG as well, which was really surprising.

In any case: What do I do to get the ability to make minor mods with my XCal? Ship it back to you? Does it have to have to return my car to stock before shipping it back? Cost?

Thanks.

was wondering myself

SID210SA
09-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Since questions are being asked, is there a difference in tune between stock airbox and a CAI/RAI, to take advantage of the extra air flow?

Lidio
09-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Since questions are being asked, is there a difference in tune between stock airbox and a CAI/RAI, to take advantage of the extra air flow?

From what I've seen the aftermarket air boxes on MM's are only worth about 7-10 RWHP. From watching the A/F's when we first started testing these I felt that messing with the A/F at WOT and mid range wasn't worth any thing. They continues to stay with an A/F of about 13:1 which works perfect on MM that are N/A.

Thanks