PDA

View Full Version : I have aquired a 63 Marauder...

LiLWrink
09-20-2005, 07:51 AM
I posted the story in the regional section of the forums under Lone Star. It is the story of getting the car and kinda long.

I saved the car from the crusher, and I have questions, and I will need to know who to seek out for parts and information.:help:

Thanks!

fastblackmerc
09-20-2005, 07:58 AM
I posted the story in the regional section of the forums under Lone Star. It is the story of getting the car and kinda long.

I saved the car from the crusher, and I have questions, and I will need to know who to seek out for parts and information.:help:

Thanks!
Good save!! There seems to be alot of older Marauder parts on eBay all the time.

LiLWrink
09-20-2005, 08:09 AM
Yeah, for sure I will be watching the old evil-bay...

I am dieing to get into this car and find out what it began life as.

My wife didnt like it much at first, but after she actually set inside the car she changed...she said it was almost too big!

DEFYANT
09-20-2005, 10:07 AM
Where's the pics?

merc406
09-20-2005, 01:02 PM

Thanks!

What do you think you'l be need'in? I have some odds and ends, get em now before I move and pitch this stuff.

djv5150
09-20-2005, 01:30 PM
Try some of the links from this site.
http://www.mercurymarauder.org/

LiLWrink
09-21-2005, 09:04 AM
Thanks Y'all,

I had found MM.ORG...:beatnik:

I will be needing the side trim, both upper and lower...from bumper to bumper.
The PO was a FNG teenage kid. The tool he used to remove the trim was a screwdriver, and he was just brutal with it. He was removing the trim so he could use the 2 gallons of bondo, that I found yesterday in the passenger quarter panel. Some of it will need to be straightened, that kid messed the trim up, but good!
Do you have a passenger quarter?
I will be needing a new grill, mine has been cratered...

Am I at the mercy of salvage parts, or can some of these things be found somewhere?:help:
I know that has been ask a thousand times, and you are probly sick of hearing it. I just have not had time to use the search function...
Thanks for the information!

I cant order catalogs and leave them laying around the shop. If my Mrs. finds out I am dumping more money into another car right now, she will :banned: me for life. I have spent way too much this year on my Cougars!

merc406
09-23-2005, 06:28 PM
check with the Dealer,he had one last year but I can't remember which side he had. Try not to use the plastic, but use alum. filler instead.

Lowell
09-24-2005, 12:43 AM
Check with Lincoln land in Clear water FL. Be patient put a plan together.

LiLWrink
09-26-2005, 08:12 AM
This thing is HUGE!

I got it back to my shop, my wife laid claim to it, and began taking pictures...I will get them by CD and get them posted soon.

I am going to have a ton of stuff for sale...

The old guy (who is 75 years old, and looks to be in his fifties!) was cleaning out his shop, and packing stuff in the car. He claims that he is retiring again! "and I am getting rid of all this stuff, it is in my way..."-end quote
I have extra doors, fenders, hoods, trunck lids, engines, transmissions, fourdoor trim, and lots of small things...my wife is making a folder for this "extra" stuff on our computer for this inventory to be sold to offset my cost...

I pulled the front clip off and soda blasted the whole thing, I will be priming it with DP every day after work this week. I am still in the process of finding and decoding the vin# and data plate information.

I have a LONG list of small things that must be done also...

I NEED...front grill and headlight bezels, taillights and bezels, and sidetrim both upper and lower...

I am very new to this crowd...I appreciate you all keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Thanks,:beer:

Shane Chandler
schandler@friscotexas.gov

kirk
09-26-2005, 02:53 PM
This thing is HUGE!

I NEED...front grill and headlight bezels, taillights and bezels, and sidetrim both upper and lower...

Shane Chandler
schandler@friscotexas.gov

Shane,

John, from John's Classic Cougars, had a 1963 grill for sale at the IMOA show this weekend. It was a decent grill for a reasonable price. Call him at 616 396-0390.

Kirk

LiLWrink
09-27-2005, 05:56 AM
I have done business with John B. in the past...Cougar parts...John is a nice guy, runs a good business.
Thanks, I will give him a call.

LiLWrink
10-08-2005, 08:54 PM
"Sometimes, they just aint enough rocks..." end quote Forrest Gump

:lol:

LiLWrink
11-03-2005, 08:21 AM
I scored me a grill for the 'Rauder off of Ebay, nice and straight $85...:D :D :D

I also bought a set of primo looking wheel well moldings for my Cougar that did not have them...$100 for the set of four...I know most folks here dont care about the old Cougar, but thats a deal worth crowing about.:D :D :D

I have found some side trim, from a parts car, that I am buying several items from, and it will require some straightening...
Does anyone from this site come recomended to straighten trim?

Thanks, Ya'll have a nice day!:beer:

martyo
11-03-2005, 08:29 AM
Cars can be a lot of fun and a great distraction from the day to day toil of life.