PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a "Zaino-ed" Marauder?

Marauder2005
09-20-2005, 05:30 PM
Well those of you that have Zaino know its one of the best home polish

systems avalible. So I decided to "go out big" and get the Zaino Ultimate

protection kit with the Polishes and leather treatments. My Question

is what procedure do you take. I do have some fine hair line scratches

and over-spray ( had ghost flames painted below door molding) so I was

gonna do it in this order.

1. Wash with Dawn dish soap
2. Clay whole car
3. Wash with Zaino car wash soap
4. Z5 with ZFX
5. Z2 with ZFX x2
6. Final touch with Z6 gloss enhancer

Any thoughts from you Zaino people? Thanks for any tips, oh and its

a black MM :rolleyes:

Best, Mike

torinodan
09-20-2005, 05:51 PM
don't forget vinegar.:D

FastMerc
09-20-2005, 05:58 PM
I clayed my car it got smooth but it also scratched,Im not totally pleased sorry.

jdando
09-20-2005, 06:02 PM
Depending on the condition of your paint you may want to try the Z-PC
clicky (http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-PC&Category_Code=Zaino)

I have not used it yet, however it is on my list of supplies along with more car wash and Z-06.

Your car will be beautiful when you are done :up: :up:

jeremy

MM2004
09-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Mike.

You are dead on with what I did except for the Z5. I chose not to purchase that but may in the near future.

Make sure you lubricate the area to clay bar with a light mix of the car wash and water in a spray bottle. This will make your life much easier.;)

Skip the Z6 and get the Z8. This stuff rocks and is much better than Z6!

Happy Zaino-ing and good luck.

If you have any other questions, you can PM me w/number and I can call you for discussion.

Mike.

Well those of you that have Zaino know its one of the best home polish

systems avalible. So I decided to "go out big" and get the Zaino Ultimate

protection kit with the Polishes and leather treatments. My Question

is what procedure do you take. I do have some fine hair line scratches

and over-spray ( had ghost flames painted below door molding) so I was

gonna do it in this order.

1. Wash with Dawn dish soap
2. Clay whole car
3. Wash with Zaino car wash soap
4. Z5 with ZFX
5. Z2 with ZFX x2
6. Final touch with Z6 gloss enhancer

Any thoughts from you Zaino people? Thanks for any tips, oh and its

a black MM :rolleyes:

Best, Mike

oldekid
09-20-2005, 06:07 PM
It looks like a good plan to me Mike. I'm sure you probably already know this, but invest in some good quality 100% cotton towels.

It's a lot of work, and you won't ever think you'll get done, but it should look great when you are finished. You'll always wonder how it will look with just one more coat.

You might also check out Zaino's website for some of their tips. It's a little confusing at first with all of the Z this and Z that, but it all seems to work out in the end.

I would also prescribe a few beers for the next couple of days after you finish, to relieve some of the joint pains you'll be feeling.

Good luck!

:beer:

Agent M79
09-20-2005, 06:10 PM
I clayed my car it got smooth but it also scratched,Im not totally pleased sorry.You MUST be real careful with the clay bar. The scratches usually come from grit picked up from other areas of the paint.

I Dawn-washed then mixed some Dawn and water in a spray bottle and sprayed ahead of the clay bar every few strokes. Never never let it drag on the paint without lube. Fold the clay a lot. Forget ever using it again if you drop it on the ground.

I did indeed scratch some areas of my wife's vehicle when I was a little less than diligent with the above advice.

"Zaino Day" is a long and strenuous day. Drink plenty of fluids. :beer:

jdando
09-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Mike.

Skip the Z6 and get the Z8. This stuff rocks and is much better than Z6!

Mike.
Mike can you expand on the rave on Z8? I have used the Z6 and it was great!

jeremy

MM2004
09-20-2005, 06:16 PM
Jeremy,

The Z8 is a little thicker and provides more applications as compared to the Z6 and yields even more of a shine!
:beer:

Mike can you expand on the rave on Z8? I have used the Z6 and it was great!

jeremy

Marauder2005
09-20-2005, 06:17 PM
It looks like a good plan to me Mike. I'm sure you probably already know this, but invest in some good quality 100% cotton towels.

It's a lot of work, and you won't ever think you'll get done, but it should look great when you are finished. You'll always wonder how it will look with just one more coat.

You might also check out Zaino's website for some of their tips. It's a little confusing at first with all of the Z this and Z that, but it all seems to work out in the end.

I would also prescribe a few beers for the next couple of days after you finish, to relieve some of the joint pains you'll be feeling.

Good luck!

:beer: "You'll always wonder how it will look with just one more coat. " LOL you

hot that one right on the nose. Thanks for the tip's guys, Im a first time

Zaino person and looking forward to a sunny weekend. I personally can't

wait to try "Leather in a Bottle" on my seats :coolman:

Eric91Z
09-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Did Zaino change it's application procedure? I thought on the first application you had to put the Z1 down first and then Z2 or Z5 right on top of that for the first coat. Then, depending on the weather, let it sit from a couple hours to 24 hours and remove. Then put on as many coats of the Z2 or Z5 that you want? Is that no longer the case? I thought the Z2 was supposed to be used to help lock the first layer down?

Guess things have changed. Here is the instructions for application:

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=Z&Category_Code=APPLICATION

you can use the Z1 or ZFX... I am hoping for some time soon to get this done on the Marauder. I would like to get a good 4 or 5 coats on it before winter hits. I usually get the initial wash, claybar, and Z1/Z2 application done one day. Then the next do 1 or 2 more applications of the Z2 (or Z5). Just make sure to get the dust off the car before the next few coats. Also, if you have any bug guts on the front of the car, do what you can to get them completely removed before any applications. The Zaino will make future removal of new bug guts much easier.

Marauder2005
09-20-2005, 06:49 PM
Did Zaino change it's application procedure? I thought on the first application you had to put the Z1 down first and then Z2 or Z5 right on top of that for the first coat. Then, depending on the weather, let it sit from a couple hours to 24 hours and remove. Then put on as many coats of the Z2 or Z5 that you want? Is that no longer the case? I thought the Z2 was supposed to be used to help lock the first layer down?

Guess things have changed. Here is the instructions for application:

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=Z&Category_Code=APPLICATION

you can use the Z1 or ZFX...
Yes, Z2 Plus ZFX added to it deletes the Z1 process. It cures in 20-30 min

instead of 24Hrs . A very nice touch, I may add :coolman:

Eric91Z
09-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Yes, Z2 Plus ZFX added to it deletes the Z1 process. It cures in 20-30 min

instead of 24Hrs . A very nice touch, I may add :coolman:

Time to get some new Zaino products!!!!

HwyCruiser
09-20-2005, 07:18 PM
The procedure looks good.

Use only 100% made in USA cotton towels. Cut off the edges or fold them over. I fold them over so they don't unravel in the wash. Never let a finished towel edge touch the paint.

Wipe the car down good with Z-6 between each coat of Z5 / Z2. Use the Z-8 last and after Z-6 touchups. Z-6 goes a long way mixed with distiled water 50/50. Use the Z-8 very sparingly, its liquid gold.

Zaino's rocks!

CRUZTAKER
09-20-2005, 09:04 PM
Perhaps NXT time.:P