PDA

View Full Version : RF Overlord & Stealth Vic Install rear deck spoiler

Cooper
03-23-2003, 12:03 PM
The warmer weather provided a window of opportunity yesterday for RF Overlord and Stealth Vic to install a Marauder rear deck spoiler on the 2002 Crown Victoria LX Sport.

RF Overlord (standing) and Stealth Vic (drilling inside trunk) during the installation of the spoiler...
http://home.attbi.com/~c.eastman/wsb/media/170823/site1004.JPG

Some photos showing the final results...
http://home.attbi.com/~c.eastman/wsb/media/170823/site1005.JPG

http://home.attbi.com/~c.eastman/wsb/media/170823/site1006.JPG

http://home.attbi.com/~c.eastman/wsb/media/170823/site1007.JPG

http://home.attbi.com/~c.eastman/wsb/media/170823/site1008.JPG

http://home.attbi.com/~c.eastman/wsb/media/170823/site1009.JPG

Many, many thanks to RF Overlord and his wife who drove a considerable distance to direct and assist me in the installation process. It was a fun project made all the more enjoyable by meeting a great couple and starting a new friendship. Looking forward to getting together with you guys again sometime!

BTW, RF Overlord and I would also enjoy getting together with some other MM or CV/GM owners for a local meet some time. Anyone from the New England area interested?

Logan
03-23-2003, 02:23 PM
It's a great kit to install isn't it? Instructions and quality of the Ford kit are awesome, which is something I wasn't expecting when I installed mine...

Looks great guys!

Menace
03-23-2003, 03:37 PM
I would be interested in getting together sometime this summer.

CRUZTAKER
03-23-2003, 03:48 PM
C.E.

Nice work.
I can't believe how much the Vic looks like the MM from the side!
You got it goin', now perhaps stealth the tail lites???
Definately first thing on my list when I return from the wild west.

Great work guys, it give me the incentive to go for it.....$$ wise.

You have to re-pic your sig now:D

TAF
03-23-2003, 06:15 PM
Well done...looks GREAT!

I see you did the smart thing and kept the powertools OUT of RF's hands....:lol:

SergntMac
03-23-2003, 07:47 PM
Ummm...For the sake (and risk) of being honest here, it all looks a bit off to me. Like, maybe tilted up just a tad? A smidge high on my visual left? Like I see it in these pics?

Maybe the driveway you're parked on, isn't flat and level?

Maybe the camera was slight tilted to the right?

Maybe the photographer was leaning to left? Slightly? Just a smidge? One leg shorter than the other?

Oh...wait a minute, lemme check something...

Yeah, that's it.

Just a paper clip stuck under my monitor...Okay.

Nevermind.

Sorry...

LincMercLover
03-23-2003, 08:53 PM
Sarge,
Too funny!

Stealth,
Just looking at that pic makes me wonder, how many times did RF hit you in the head with the deck lid? :lol:

Looks great! :up:

JerseyVics
03-23-2003, 09:10 PM
Great Job Cooper and RF, I too think its a little high (mounted about 4 millimeters higher than it probably should have been) I think... but it looks great nonetheless!

I just picked mine up today from Pat's place, and hope to get it painted soon and mount it as well! The instructions are awesome, I'll take them to school tomorrow and scan them for the rest of you guys to see how detailed they are and post them on my site!

as for the comment below:

Originally posted by CRUZTAKER

I can't believe how much the Vic looks like the MM from the side!

I think you meant it the other way around bud, the Vic hasn't changed since 1998 so I think what you really meant is how come they made the Marauder soooooo much like the Vic... maybe not.

heh, Enjoy the spoiler Coop, see you in Canada at the STAP/FORD 100th meet!

--Russ:)

RF Overlord
03-24-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by JerseyVics
Great Job Cooper and RF, I too think its a little high (mounted about 4 millimeters higher than it probably should have been) I think... but it looks great nonetheless!--Russ:)

Coop's IS very slightly higher than mine, but since there is no absolute positioning guide, it all has to be done by eye. I bet if you lined up 3 or 4 of them, they'd all be a tiny bit different...I actually prefer the way Coop's is mounted compared to mine; I like the little bit of "flip-up" it has.

And CRUZ, try www.fordpartsnetwork.com . His prices are much better than the dealer (save 40%), and the service is great...

Part # is 2W7Z-5444210-AAB...

Cooper
03-24-2003, 05:02 AM
Thanks for the compliments guys :) Regarding the placement of the spoiler: RFO and I spent a long, long time checking it from ALL angles BEFORE the final decision on the placement was made. We used RFO's Marauder as a guideline. Before we finalized it, we both realized that we had placed MINE a little bit higher on the trunk than his was. We kept looking at it, comparing it with the Marauder's spoiler, and we both liked the look with it being a tad higher- so the decision was made to "go for it".
TAF, LML: I see you guys have worked with RFO before. LOL! Actually, RFO was very careful NOT to smash my head too many times with the trunk. The only painful part was during the drilling of the 1" holes inside the trunk. The metal shavings were amazingly hot and kept burning my face and hands when they landed on them. (OUCH!) "I love the feel of burning shrapnel in the afternoon!" I wore glasses while doing this. Anyone who attempts this installation should wear eye protection if you value your eyesight!

Russ: Best of luck with your installation. Take your time doing the job and I know you'll be very pleased with the results! I can't wait to see a WHITE spoiler installed.

-Coop

JerseyVics
03-24-2003, 12:31 PM
you know I think I like it too a tad bit up like that... I was sizing it up today with my car and it is definitely a two person job... lol... so I'll do the install later.

Did you guys notice that this spoiler was made in the UK? heh kinda weird, considering all other parts are either Canada, China, Taiwan or Mexico....

Oh and this thing is plastic... shallow on the inside... there are two holes on the inner part that show you just how open the inside of it is... must be pretty fragile.

--Russ :)

PS. Cooper, I can't wait to see the white spoiler either... gotta get it painted soon. But supercharger talks are first, gotta get it all done in one package before STAP.

JerseyVics
03-24-2003, 12:35 PM
By the way, here are the pictures of mine:

http://www.jerseyvics.com/pantherclub/marauder-spoiler/spoiler2.jpg

http://www.jerseyvics.com/pantherclub/marauder-spoiler/spoiler3.jpg

http://www.jerseyvics.com/pantherclub/marauder-spoiler/spoiler4.jpg

http://www.jerseyvics.com/pantherclub/marauder-spoiler/spoiler5.jpg

http://www.jerseyvics.com/pantherclub/marauder-spoiler/spoiler6.jpg

--Russ

prchrman
03-24-2003, 02:51 PM
Good job men...RF from pics I determined the thought process that went into placing you in the job you were perfect for...you are endowed with the same gift I have-ballast...JK...

Paul T. Casey
03-24-2003, 02:54 PM
Looks pretty good to me. Anyway, I would be very interested in a MM/CV meet in New England. My only problem is that I'm stuck working down heya ( that's here for all you non Swamp Yankees) in Alabama. The up side is I've been able to use my MM all wintah. I would probably head home faw a cah show if I ciuld pahticipate. Don't tell my boss, but I'm actually thinking of taking the summa off again this yeyah. See you soon.

RF Overlord
03-24-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by prchrman
...you are endowed with the same gift I have-ballast...JK...

Congratulations, Willie, you're the first...I was wondering when the fat jokes would start...kinda thought it would be todd or LML first, though; or maybe WolfeBros or marty... they must all be asleep or passed out from overwork (i.e. lifting 12 oz. weights)...

TAF
03-24-2003, 03:33 PM
I was wondering when the fat jokes would start...kinda thought it would be todd

RF...I'm shocked, surprised and very disappointed...

I took the "high-road" and attacked your intellect...

I see you did the smart thing and kept the powertools OUT of RF's hands.... :lol: :lol:

RF Overlord
03-24-2003, 05:54 PM
bastage...

WolfeBros
03-24-2003, 06:20 PM
Now RF......... I would never do something like that. (ahem)
Alot of us older, more mature men have the same type of spare tire that you carry around so well. :rolleyes:

And it takes a manly man to keep that drill bit from coming up thru the trunk lid so fast. I can just see the beginning of the wince of pain on your face RF. Nice job guys. :D

Besides.....it was my turn to take the low road. :lol:

RF Overlord
03-24-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by WolfeBros
And it takes a manly man to keep that drill bit from coming up thru the trunk lid so fast.

I'm tellin' ya, for all the agonising and hand-wringing Coop did before drilling that first hole, he was like a madman after that...kept trying to drill holes in EVERY damn thing...he was an animal... :eek: :rock:

TAF
03-24-2003, 07:14 PM
O.K. Wolfe...next time...you go "high"...I'll hit 'em "low":banana: :lol: :shot:

Cooper
03-24-2003, 07:46 PM
LOL...I can't get enough drilling now! How 'bout we put a spoiler on my wife's "dreaded Sable" this weekend? That ought to add a few more mph!

Originally posted by Paul T. Casey
Looks pretty good to me. Anyway, I would be very interested in a MM/CV meet in New England. My only problem is that I'm stuck working down heya ( that's here for all you non Swamp Yankees) in Alabama. The up side is I've been able to use my MM all wintah. I would probably head home faw a cah show if I ciuld pahticipate. Don't tell my boss, but I'm actually thinking of taking the summa off again this yeyah. See you soon.

Paul T.- NO PROBLEM MON! I live about 10 minutes from the Rhode Island boah-dah. If you can't come up heya, we'll come down they-yah. If yaw takin' the summa off, we'll all have to get togeth-ah when the weath-ah turns wahm-ah. Get the oystahs ready. :D
-Coop

LincMercLover
03-24-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
I was wondering when the fat jokes would start...kinda thought it would be todd or LML first

Metabolism, I have it, and you don't! :P

Happy? :D

TAF
03-24-2003, 09:07 PM
Metabolism, I have it, and you don't!

And we did as well (at 19)...and some day...you won't....

Aging is a :censor: sometimes!

LincMercLover
03-24-2003, 09:16 PM
Nah... by that time they'll have some organic BS to take that will make me immortal. Ahh... to be young. :D

RF Overlord
03-24-2003, 09:20 PM
Hey TAF, I think LML is generatin' some of that organic BS right now...!!!!!

LincMercLover
03-24-2003, 09:32 PM
NOW I see why Sarge thought it was crooked. RF, were you sittin' in the car on that shot?

RF Overlord
03-25-2003, 07:01 AM
Damn kids...

LincMercLover
03-25-2003, 07:53 AM
Four eyes! :D

prchrman
03-25-2003, 08:22 AM
OK now children...set in the corner for 10 min...and then hug...and say you are sorry...

martyo
03-25-2003, 08:24 AM
It could be worse. LML could have moved this thread over to the "Spare Tire" thread!!

Bigdogjim
03-25-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
Congratulations, Willie, you're the first...I was wondering when the fat jokes would start...kinda thought it would be todd or LML first, though; or maybe WolfeBros or marty... they must all be asleep or passed out from overwork (i.e. lifting 12 oz. weights)...
Hey I was thinking about it but:P Don't worry some day we will get them between us:help: :D We could make LML about 2 foot taller :lol::lol: :lol:
Big Dog :banana2: :banana2:

Cooper
03-25-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Bigdogjim
Hey I was thinking about it but:P Don't worry some day we will get them between us:help: :D We could make LML about 2 foot taller :lol::lol: :lol:
Big Dog :banana2: :banana2:

...and a lot THINNER too, LOL. Go ahead you young'uns- make fun... your day will come too! All I have to say about RFO is that he's got a heart that's even bigger than his size. That was a darn nice thing he did for me last weekend. Not too many people would drive 1.5 hours each way to help a (almost) stranger work on their car. These kind of friends only come into your life once in a while. (I'm fortunate to have a few like him). Bob's "the real deal"- a class act. Thanks again my friend! :up:

-Coop--> (Stealth Vic)

LincMercLover
03-25-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by prchrman
OK now children...set in the corner for 10 min...and then hug...and say you are sorry...

I'll do my time, but GOD don't make me hug him! The smell alone would be punishment for 5 years! :depress: :puke: :help:

Originally posted by martyo
It could be worse. LML could have moved this thread over to the "Spare Tire" thread!!

The thought occured... :D

Naw, RF and I are cool (well, I am, he's not... (damn, sorry, just can't help myself!)). How'd you put it buddy? Something about you being the horny old uncle and me being the agile, bright, hansom, young nephew? Yah... something like that... :lol: