PDA

View Full Version : Another Mosport Trackday in the MM

wesman
09-27-2005, 06:44 AM
Went to Mosport Friday, had a blast in the MM. It was open pits, I got over 200 miles of tracktime. I had my mom doing camera crew at various corners. I had the best instructor I've ever learned from, Toyota Atlantic Champ David Empringham. He drove the MM a few laps, it was totally insane. After he gave me some tips I beat my personal best lap time in my 'race' car :o
Still need about 120 more horses to deal with the Pcars on the straights.

Right click save as:
http://wessumner.com/videos/mosportu2.wmv 55megs 5mins

Hotrauder
09-27-2005, 07:00 AM
Went to Mosport Friday, had a blast in the MM. It was open pits, I got over 200 miles of tracktime. I had my mom doing camera crew at various corners. I had the best instructor I've ever learned from, David Empringham. He drove the MM a few laps, it was totally insane. After he gave me some tips I beat my personal best lap time in my 'race' car :o
Still need about 120 more horses to deal with the Pcars on the straights.

Right click save as:
http://wessumner.com/videos/mosportu2.wmv 55megs 5mins
Wesman, Great video, great fun watching and listening to your V8 on the track. Very fine driving, Also. I have one of those P cars and I would not have dreamed a na MM would run so well. I'm not sure mine will but then I have never tried it...so that is my next adventure. Thanks for the inspiration. I saved this for anytime I want to hear those sounds and the car is in the garage. I suspect that most of us have not had our iron on a track with TURNS! What track mods do you have? Thanks Dennis:beer:

wesman
09-27-2005, 08:33 AM
Wesman, Great video, great fun watching and listening to your V8 on the track. Very fine driving, Also. I have one of those P cars and I would not have dreamed a na MM would run so well. I'm not sure mine will but then I have never tried it...so that is my next adventure. Thanks for the inspiration. I saved this for anytime I want to hear those sounds and the car is in the garage. I suspect that most of us have not had our iron on a track with TURNS! What track mods do you have? Thanks Dennis:beer:

Thanks its a ball once you know the track.
My mods are:
Toyo RA1s 275/35/18, front & 305/35/18 rear on BBS LM 18 X 9.5 wheels +55mm offset
Metco rear control arms upper & lower, watts link
Naake front coilovers & QA1 shocks all around
Addco sway bars front and back.
Kooks long tubes & X pipe & Magnaflow mufflers
4.10s & Reinhart Automotive tune.

MarauderMark
09-27-2005, 09:04 AM
This is one bad a$$ video:2thumbs:I wish i was in the passenger seat , it seems fun.How fast to you get it on the straight away and how fast do you hit those turns.On that one part were you pass the car on the straight way under the birdge then you come up to the turn i was allmost on the edge of the seat :eek: wondering if you were going to make it..I really like watching these videos of the type of driving you do.wish there was somewhere around here to do this , anyways keep these videos a comming..Thanks:up:

wesman
09-27-2005, 09:18 AM
I was right against the limiter in 3rd up the back straight, but with the shorter tire its only 118mph

That bridge turn is about 90mph on the approach. Slight lift or brush the brakes then turn in and hang on.

juno
09-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Excellent Video. Looks like a blast!!!:bows:

MN6
09-27-2005, 09:59 AM
Great video, brings back the great memories of racing Corvettes there in the early 90's Mosport is such a nice track to drive (like Watkins Glen). Next time you are up there (and if they still have it) see if they will wet down the Skid pad outside the track and have some Tail-out fun.

merc
09-27-2005, 10:08 AM
Very nice. :banana2:

oldekid
09-27-2005, 10:08 AM
Love it Wes. Thanks for letting us watch!

Canadasvt
10-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Very cool Wes! Keep up the good fun:beer: