PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

00 Aggie
09-29-2005, 07:02 PM
Lidio:

I want to put the same size tires at all 4 corners, can a tune change adjust the speedo, rear ride height, and and ABS issues? Or are some of these items mechanical, not computer?

Lidio
09-29-2005, 09:23 PM
Lidio:

I want to put the same size tires at all 4 corners, can a tune change adjust the speedo, rear ride height, and and ABS issues? Or are some of these items mechanical, not computer?

I'm not sure what to do about the same size tires all around on a MM. Locally the few guys that have tried it... some are OK and others turn the ABS light on in a few days or so. Some one on the forums may know more about this one.

The tune can adjust for tire height and gears in the rear. And the ride height in the rear is tweaked by adjusting the level sensor attached to the axle... very easy to do.

Thanks

snowbird
09-30-2005, 02:47 AM
Lidio:

I want to put the same size tires at all 4 corners, can a tune change adjust the speedo, rear ride height, and and ABS issues? Or are some of these items mechanical, not computer?My winter setup use the same size tires around the four corners since where i live the winter is not a pretty picture in a book but a real pain in the arzs.

I have to switch the traction control at off all the time thought. The ABS will probably be partially desabled because the front tires are now turning slower being bigger than the stock setup of 5% difference. I haven't notice much in the few panic stops i had to do last winter. Some Fords pickups do use rear ABS only from the factory, i think. So its probably not a big issue.

As for the computers, when i went to Paul high performance for some intake enhancement last year, we tried to correct the computer about the same size tire setup without any success. It seems the 5% difference is hard coded somewhere and the car is pretty stubborn about it. Well, my ex was like that too but it's another story.:)