PDA

View Full Version : Naake QA1 shocks and Wheels (?)

Cartman
09-30-2005, 01:27 PM
I had been searching for information about wheel width and what I came away with was to keep safe and not rub that 8" front/ 9.5" rear was your limit but a couple people commented, and BillyG was one, if you changed your suspension set up you could get more. The QA1's were brought up and I think a couple people here use them so if you got the complete shock setup, then how wide could you go, no rubbing, front and back?

Dennis Reinhart
09-30-2005, 02:24 PM
I had been searching for information about wheel width and what I came away with was to keep safe and not rub that 8" front/ 9.5" rear was your limit but a couple people commented, and BillyG was one, if you changed your suspension set up you could get more. The QA1's were brought up and I think a couple people here use them so if you got the complete shock setup, then how wide could you go, no rubbing, front and back?
We are a dealer for Nake and Ronel is offering wheels for are cars give us a call if we can help.

Cartman
09-30-2005, 05:59 PM
Are they up on your site or where might I be able to see the wheels/wheels mounted on a MM?

Cartman
09-30-2005, 06:04 PM
Are they Ronel or Ronal? http://www.ronalusa.com/
-------------------------
Ah guess you can kinda imagine the MM here: http://www.ronalusa.com/cars/mercury_grand.html

SergntMac
09-30-2005, 06:47 PM
I had been searching for information about wheel width and what I came away with was to keep safe and not rub that 8" front/ 9.5" rear was your limit but a couple people commented, and BillyG was one, if you changed your suspension set up you could get more. The QA1's were brought up and I think a couple people here use them so if you got the complete shock setup, then how wide could you go, no rubbing, front and back? I have 8" wide wheels on the front, and maximum tire size without any rubbing is 255/45. I have the 9.5" wheels on the rear, and my 285/45 rear tires do make contact in hard cornering, just enought to dust the shock, but not enough to mar the paint.

There was some suggestions a while back, of mounting a shock upside down which will provide some additional clearance, and the construction of the rear QA1 shocks do mount the shock upside down from our stock shock. Though I have never seen it done with own eyes, the math works. But, I don't think the MM wheel is available in 10" widths anyway, so...

martyo
09-30-2005, 07:53 PM
But, I don't think the MM wheel is available in 10" widths anyway, so...

It's not availbale in anything but an 8" width. But, it can be made wider and it is possible to make the stock 8" wheel into a 10" wheel.

AzMarauder
09-30-2005, 08:48 PM
I have 8" wide wheels on the front, and maximum tire size without any rubbing is 255/45. I have the 9.5" wheels on the rear, and my 285/45 rear tires do make contact in hard cornering, just enought to dust the shock, but not enough to mar the paint.

There was some suggestions a while back, of mounting a shock upside down which will provide some additional clearance, and the construction of the rear QA1 shocks do mount the shock upside down from our stock shock. Though I have never seen it done with own eyes, the math works. But, I don't think the MM wheel is available in 10" widths anyway, so...
There was some discussion at the MVIII that you could move the "spacers" on the bolt that holds the shock (on the bottom). Right now it is Bolt head - spacer-shock-spacer-Mount... Change it to Bolt head - shock- spacer-space-mount. It moves the shock inboard a bit.