PDA

View Full Version : OEM 18" RIMS

Joe Walsh
09-30-2005, 07:53 PM
When I first bought my Marauder I loved everything about the car except the rims...I felt that they were a little TOO 'Bling'.

I've been actively searching for a black spoke/polished lip rim to replace my OEM rims for 1-1/2 years...
I gave up on the ROH Comp Black Drift 'R's and have not found anything else that I REALLY liked.
Recently I've been having a change of heart.....I am starting to really LIKE the OEM rims.
It's kinda funny how they 'grew on me' and now I will save myself a pile of $$$$ by NOT buying any new rims for my Marauder.
I think that I am going to get my OEM rears widened, slap on some Nittos and be done with it. :2thumbs:

Of course, if I start to see hundreds of '06 Stangs running around :down: with OUR rims, I may reverse this decision... :dunno:

RedMerc04
09-30-2005, 08:57 PM
When I first bought my Marauder I loved everything about the car except the rims...I felt that they were a little TOO 'Bling'.

I've been actively searching for a black spoke/polished lip rim to replace my OEM rims for 1-1/2 years...
I gave up on the ROH Comp Black Drift 'R's and have not found anything else that I REALLY liked.
Recently I've been having a change of heart.....I am starting to really LIKE the OEM rims.
It's kinda funny how they 'grew on me' and now I will save myself a pile of $$$$ by NOT buying any new rims for my Marauder.
I think that I am going to get my OEM rears widened, slap on some Nittos and be done with it. :2thumbs:

Of course, if I start to see hundreds of '06 Stangs running around :down: with OUR rims, I may reverse this decision... :dunno:I love the OEM rims too. But are the 06 Mustangs going to get the marauder rims? I dont like that Idea :bs:

DEFYANT
09-30-2005, 09:07 PM
What fits them, will fit us. The aftermarket will catch up real quick

MarauderMark
09-30-2005, 09:22 PM
Welcome back my brutha.:2thumbs:

FordNut
10-01-2005, 03:35 AM
And since so many of them drag race, maybe we'll find a matching set of 18x8 (front), 18x9.5 (widened street rear), and 15x10 (MT et street 295/65x15 drag radials)

Bluerauder
10-01-2005, 05:07 AM
Well that was a short LOA. :rolleyes: Welcome back !! :up:

I kinda felt the same way about the OEM rims, Joe. Of course, I saved the $$$ and the aggravation by not worrying about them at all. :rofl:

Joe Walsh
10-01-2005, 07:04 AM
I love the OEM rims too. But are the 06 Mustangs going to get the marauder rims? I dont like that Idea :bs:

Someone posted a thread showing that one of the optional wheel packages for the '06 Mustang will be OUR 18 x 8" rims! :(

RoyLPita
10-01-2005, 08:10 AM
Someone posted a thread showing that one of the optional wheel packages for the '06 Mustang will be OUR 18 x 8" rims! :(

Yup. It is in the brochure. The only difference is the center cap. I recalled seeing a legend lime green GT coupe on this site and at Bradenton with our wheels and tires on. BTW the 18" tires are our BFG fronts.

GreekGod
10-01-2005, 08:55 AM
I concur with Mr. Walsh's original asessment-too much bling. I may go with the 16" police wheels if no one comes up with ALL black (or grey Teflon coated) wheels.

David Morton
10-01-2005, 09:02 AM
...I think that I am going to get my OEM rears widened, slap on some Nittos and be done with it. ... :dunno:I have that set-up with the 555Rs' for the strip and show only (I have two extra rims).

They don't handle very well on curves, but dry traction is awesome. They needed 7/32" spacers and still rubbed the stock shocks occasionally.

FYI. Good hunting. Glad you came around to our beautiful rim. Hate to see a Marauder running around with anything else on it.

And if Mustang owners are so jealous they want to put them on their cars, well, imitaion is the sincerest form of flattery.

Warpath
10-03-2005, 08:57 AM
Ford does that all the time - using special run parts on mass produced lines. The hood and wheels on my Cobra were unique to Cobras at the time. The hood eventually made its way to V6s and the wheels were chromed and available on GTs.