PDA

View Full Version : Union Grove

Paul T. Casey
10-02-2005, 05:54 PM
This Tuesday evening, I will be headed for Great Lakes Dragaway. It should work out with my work schedule, and I'm in dire need of some midweastern time slips.

SergntMac
10-03-2005, 07:23 AM
I'll be there.

Come on you Windy City guys, let's have some fun.

stevengerard
10-03-2005, 07:45 AM
I'll be there.

Come on you Windy City guys, let's have some fun.
I'd love to but I have a client meeting downtown at 4:00 PM - I'd get there when the track was closing.

Bradley G
10-03-2005, 09:59 AM
What time?

SergntMac
10-03-2005, 12:00 PM
What time? Gates open at five PM, first pass at 6 PM. John (Too Many Fords) will be in town, I'll be twisting his arm. Zack's coming too.

Bradley G
10-03-2005, 12:23 PM
Thanks Mac,This may be one of the few opportunities to get a pass or two, before the weather turns on us.

Anybody else?

2003_MM_FYRE49
10-03-2005, 12:43 PM
I sure wish I could be there with you guys, but the Doc won't let me drive for three more weeks. I'm still healing from my back surgery. Have fun out there and be careful too. Take some pics and post them.

Tallboy
10-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Gates open at five PM, first pass at 6 PM. John (Too Many Fords) will be in town, I'll be twisting his arm. Zack's coming too.

After seeing Zack run on a day Satan would consider hot, with "so-so" track prep, I can only imagine what he could do in cooler weather and better traction. I'll be there with ya in spirit, boys! :beer:

Bradley G
10-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Union Grove is not known for the best traction, , that being said, I don't need as much traction as the twelve second crowd, yet.:burnout: :burnout:

Bradley G
10-04-2005, 04:05 AM
So it appears we will have Possibly two out of state guests Paul, John and Mac, Zack & me.

Are you guys still on? anybody wanna go racing? :banana2:

Bradley G
10-04-2005, 05:48 AM
Bring him with, Have your client ride shot gun with the contract in his lap and the pen full of ink.

When you stomp the go fast pedal he's bound to stain the Paper somewhere.:D

I'd love to but I have a client meeting downtown at 4:00 PM - I'd get there when the track was closing.

Bradley G
10-05-2005, 06:55 AM
Well what a great night for racing!

Arriving about fifteen minutes before the track opened to race, I spot a Black Marauder in the tech in area.
Their are a couple cars ahead of me.
Who comes over to me to introduce himself?
World traveler Paul Casey!
After a few minutes of conversation, we make it over to the snack bar and filled the gullet with some burgers.
After I had seen a few racers make multiple passes. It was time the crowd got to see our bad azz Marauders make a few passes.
I wish I was posting my new personal best ET's.
With the cooler weather than the last several times I raced, I was sure , I would better my ET by a couple tenths.
No big deal.
After a few passes I get a call from Mac saying, they(Zack and John too Many Fords, are a few minutes away.
Shortl after they show up, I hear over the PA, "Hey hear are more of these Mercury Marauders, These guys must have a club here tonight!"
The same Guy had several nice things to say about our cars throughout the night."I think they made all these cars supercharged!"I did not say he was well informed, just entheseuastic.
I did have some good semi close races, against a 89 firebird lost by .3 and a Z-28 early 90's? by .4
I think I got about a dozen passes in, best @13.6
Both cars were heavily modified, at least by the way they Idled and sounded.
Mac told me he ran his personal best ET, but I won't steal his thunder.
So you guys have to beat it out of him!:stooges:
A big thanks to Paul Casey for getting us together for a fun evening!

MarkVI351
10-06-2005, 07:12 PM
I was there a few weeks ago. first time. it wasnt a good night, because they ended up reschedualing the harley night to the night we were there. overall, i liked it. saw a 86? buick GN beat almost every car there. there was a jeep there, yellow, with something like 1000 horsepower i think. i was there with a few buddies and we knew the guy. one of my buddies raced his 94 olds delta 88. it was a night where they dont show the times, so i dont know what he got. ill make it there next time, cause i will have my license, which is a few weeks. gotta see what this 94 vic can do.

Paul T. Casey
10-07-2005, 03:10 PM
sorry 'bout the late post, I just got back to RI last night. I had a blast, but then again I always do at the track, especially if there's fellow Marauderers around. I think I got about a dozen runs in, no personal bests or anything, except maybe a 60' time, I must research this. Traction wasn't great, but who cares on a fun night. I did manage to get about 75% of my rt's in the o.oxx range, including a sizzling .004 on one pass! Next stop, some track in 'Bama!

Bradley G
10-07-2005, 06:33 PM
Glad to hear you made it home safe.

I counted my slips, I got ten runs in.
Awsome reaction times Paul!