PDA

View Full Version : F.i.t. # 0 Sold

maraudernkc
10-04-2005, 11:21 AM
I just wanted to let anyone who cares, know that F.I.T./Procharger car #0 (my car) was sold today. We installed one of our kits for Motion Picture Vehicle Services and they needed a "Good Guy Car" and offered me a figure that I could not refuse. So my 2004 DTR will atleast be the good guy car.

We still we be selling our F.I.T./Procharger kit for the Marauder and we will be comming out with some new Marauder products soon.

I am going to miss my DTR Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bradley G
10-04-2005, 11:59 AM
congrats Greg!

Nice plug for FIT

RoyLPita
10-04-2005, 12:07 PM
Are you gonna get another one for yourself?

Hotrauder
10-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Good show:) There are some really good MM for sale and you know you need one for the next install.:beer:

HwyCruiser
10-04-2005, 12:31 PM
I knew Greg was thinking about selling his Marauder on this deal since we have had a few conversations about what his car should be worth with the mods it has. From what I understand, the negotiations with the movie guys have been going back and forth for a few weeks now and they must have finally hit his sell point. If he thinks he got a fair price then thats all that matters.

I personally think having a supercharged blue and DTR Marauder "coming to a screen near you" is pretty cool. As far as what his next project car is: :dunno:

Cobra25
10-04-2005, 03:33 PM
When the movie come's out let us know. Congrats on the great sale price.

stevengerard
10-04-2005, 05:24 PM
that sounds great, I love my car but would be happy with a "price I couldn't refuse" I'd probably get another MM, but if I was in your position I'd get a 300C and use that as a test mule for the additional product line FIT-C

snowbird
10-04-2005, 05:56 PM
At least the good guys have an awesome one !!:)

Hard to figure how i would feel in the same position: that big cat is kind of special to me: tough, underrated and stubborn, the way i like them. The way ricers look at it says it all. The 5 mustangs i had before never draw such a lasting interest while I'm out. I still don't understand why they were such bad sellers, giving the interest on them on the street.

But Hey, keep us informed about whats in the pipeline !! The first kit is worth every penny. Second hand buyers rush should come in anytime soon. And we're novelty addicts here, for the better or worse it seems; lately .... :banana:

MarauderTJA
10-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Sorry to see you sold your Marauder Greg. You have to do what you have to do in the best interest of your business. But I am looking forward to hopefully see your former Procharger Marauder on the big screen. Best of luck with your future F.I.T. projects whatever that may be.

DEFYANT
10-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Congrats and good luck.

TooManyFords
10-05-2005, 06:28 PM
I can actually say "I rode in that car!" really loud in the theatre during the movie! REALLY LOUD!!

:laugh:

Congrats Greg!

maraudernkc
10-05-2005, 06:29 PM
No, we are looking for our next supercharging ride.

Are you gonna get another one for yourself?

tmac1337
10-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Sorry that your car is moving onto bigger and better things without you Greg, but let's face it, you can't act for crap so no movies for you!

Here's lookin at you pal,

Looks like their almost novelty items now!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/intake1.jpg

HwyCruiser
10-05-2005, 07:25 PM
Welcome back Tim. Here's to being a novelty! :beer:

tmac1337
10-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Welcome back Tim. Here's to being a novelty! :beer:

Thanks JD, good to be back. I've been following your track exploits, good going there. I'm not much of a track guy myself so keep up the good work.

snowbird
10-05-2005, 07:31 PM
The word is out and we now know what Logan is doing in the daytime.:D

No, we are looking for our next supercharging ride.
Greg, here's a suggestion about something seen at GENEVA auto show.

In bold, you might notice the potential !!

Dacia Logan Car at the Geneva Auto Show:
Reliability, a spacious interior and, last but not least, its price, are the strong points of the new car released only six month ago by the Romanian branch of the French group Renault. This comfortable, safe and environmentally friendly car, which is, in addition, strong, capable of running on bumpy roads and withstanding significant temperature changes, has registered record demand on the Romanian market. But buyers have to wait up to three months for the cars, for which they have already made a down payment, before they make it to the end of the assembly line.

In Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and the Maghreb countries, Logan will be sold under the Dacia brand and in Asia, Latin America and Russia, under the Renault brand. For now, there are three versions of the Logan being manufactured at the Pitesti-based car factory - Ambiance, Preference and Laureate - with prices ranging between 5 700 and 7 500 Euro. The engine is either a 75 HP engine with a 1.4 litre capacity or a 90 HP engine with a 1.6 litre capacity.

According to company officials, a Diesel version of the Logan will be launched, next year, the Logan estate version will be unveiled. “The impossible car”, as Renault’s plan to produce a quality, low cost car was labelled, was made by taking several parts of the already existing Renault models and adjusting them to the new Dacia Logan. Therefore, the chassis is the same as Micra’s, launched in 2002 by Nissan, the Japanese branch of the French car maker, and the engine is taken from Clio, another Renault model.

The French group started working with the Pitesti based car factories 40 years ago and after a severance period under Ceausescu’s regime, business relations were resumed six years ago, when Renault purchased the Romanian brand Dacia. Before the Logan model, which brought the range in line with modern specifications, the Romanian Renault branch launched the SuperNova and Solenza model. On the 1st and 2nd of March at the Geneva Auto Show, the Romania-manufactured car made a good impression on the exacting car journalists, who compared it to models of well-established car makers, such as Ford and Toyota.

HwyCruiser
10-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Yvon, that might be a good crossover application for Greg's Procharged quad atv project, lol.