PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Falls before the snow falls?

LimoMerc
10-04-2005, 10:05 PM
I really want to get down to the track before it snows. Oct. 8th & 9th they have "Fall Big Bucks Brackets bash", the 15th and 22nd are test and tunes. I would like to try the bracket raceing. Let me know what you guys think.

:beer:

duhtroll
10-05-2005, 06:21 AM
I know I'm probably booked with school stuff, concerts, and perhaps funerals these next two weeks.

I'd like to go out again before the season ends, but I doubt I'll make it. It'd be fun, tho'.

I bet TMF will.

-A

I Tried
10-05-2005, 10:27 AM
If I find time to install the parts I have for the marauder I may go on the 22 otherwise I will wait until spring.

HookedOnCV
10-05-2005, 10:37 AM
If I find time to install the parts I have for the marauder I may go on the 22 otherwise I will wait until spring.

I only made it to the track once this year (Cedar Falls - last May) and the BFG drag radials are coming off as soon as next weekend only to be replace with my Toyo Garrit HT snow tires...

I will probably make it down there again once they open up next spring. I'd love to see what my car would do in these cool October temps, but I've got a busy schedule too.

Todd

TooManyFords
10-05-2005, 06:22 PM
I know I'm probably booked with school stuff, concerts, and perhaps funerals these next two weeks.

I'd like to go out again before the season ends, but I doubt I'll make it. It'd be fun, tho'.

I bet TMF will.

-A
Sigh... Sure wish I could come out and play, but it will have to be for moral support only and me driving my F150. See, I just toasted my motor and oiled down the right hand lane at Great Lakes Dragaway in Kenosha, WI yesterday.

The car is home safe and sound but the engine and tranny are now just "spare parts" during the rebuild.

When you guys do come to town, let me know so I can be out there with the movie camera to film though.
:)

I'll post more on the specific in another thread. I'm beat from driving all day and worrying about my car (for no reason really) so I'm going to just call it a night and post all the details tomorrow.

Cheers

John

LimoMerc
10-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Oh brother:( , I'm really sorry to hear that. If it werent for the thought of a stronger more powerfull engine and transmission........lets say 999 RWHP, I would be really be bummed. And you needed to put your MM inside for the winter right? And remember "If at first you don't succeed, failure may be you're style". Let us know how and when we can help.

Bradley G
10-05-2005, 10:39 PM
John,

Glad to hear you made it home in one piece.
It was a terrible catastrophe as I heard the announcer describing what he saw on your run.
I could not be the one to alert the members on last nights events.
You seemed to want more than a stock internal motor could deliver.
Best of luck on the fix!
If you pinpoint the exact failure/cause, give us all the gory details.

Sigh... Sure wish I could come out and play, but it will have to be for moral support only and me driving my F150. See, I just toasted my motor and oiled down the right hand lane at Great Lakes Dragaway in Kenosha, WI yesterday.

The car is home safe and sound but the engine and tranny are now just "spare parts" during the rebuild.

When you guys do come to town, let me know so I can be out there with the movie camera to film though.

I'll post more on the specific in another thread. I'm beat from driving all day and worrying about my car (for no reason really) so I'm going to just call it a night and post all the details tomorrow.

Cheers

John

duhtroll
10-06-2005, 04:44 AM
He just wanted to get to his rebuild project that much faster!

HwyCruiser
10-06-2005, 07:31 AM
Oh brother:( , I'm really sorry to hear that. If it werent for the thought of a stronger more powerfull engine and transmission........lets say 999 RWHP, I would be really be bummed. And you needed to put your MM inside for the winter right? And remember "If at first you don't succeed, failure may be you're style". Let us know how and when we can help.

This pretty much sums it up for me too. With the rwhp TMF dialed in at he was walking the knife's edge. He knew it. I'm just glad he had good people around him to help him get squared away afterwards.

Tallboy
10-06-2005, 10:29 AM

Cheers

John

I was drag racing at Gainesville last month, when the discussion of "race-related mechanical failures" came up. Mac hit the nail on the head when he said "The only ones not breaking are the ones not being driven."

You'll be back, John. Let me know if I can help...

shakes_26
10-06-2005, 10:51 AM
Sorry to hear it TMF, but I'm sure you'll come out swinging some serious iron..er aluminum, er forged bits, when its all done.

You know when pushing the 1.7hp/cubic inch range, your in the 'when' it will break range, versus the 'if' it will break range.

Eric91Z
10-06-2005, 03:53 PM
OK, so where is the right up on the car and what happened? And what did you learn on the Dyno (I assume before this happens). I guess this means you won't be at Tri-State on the 15th... ;)

Bradley G
10-06-2005, 05:33 PM
****z prolly ordered already!~:P

Hey John, When you get all the parts together, Wanna bunch of Do Gooders over for the Back together Party?

He just wanted to get to his rebuild project that much faster!