PDA

View Full Version : Combined Ranger, CV and Marauder meet!

beemer
03-24-2003, 09:32 PM
Saturday April 5th at about 12:00 PM.

Hooters of Wethersfield
1731 Berlin Road Turnpike
Wethersfield, CT 06109

860-563-8083

Combined Ford Ranger/CV/GM/Marauder meet! Quite a few
guys from Crownvic.net are going. How many New England, NY Marauder people will come? This will be the first good ride for me in mine, C'mon guys! Let's show a little Marauder solidarity.

Considering meeting up at the Charlton Service area on the Mass Pike, then cruising down. Meet up at 11:00AM in Charlton, be there in Wethersfield about 12:30 sounds good...let me know.

Best,

Paul:D

martyo
03-26-2003, 06:08 AM
Paul: Whereinthehelliswhethersfield?

Bigdogjim
03-26-2003, 08:00 AM
martyo: Hey just south 'o' Hartford, Ct. Look it up on your handy dandy HOOTERS guide. Exit 25 off of route 91 north.
Big Dog

LincMercLover
03-26-2003, 08:43 AM
Your wives are letting you go to Hooters AGAIN?!?! :D

martyo
03-26-2003, 10:10 AM
LML: I have no wife. I am permanently engaged.....

Besides, what the women folk don't know, won't hurt 'em!

MAD-3R
03-26-2003, 11:14 AM
carefull with that talk. My wife is Regesterd here.... and she reads the posts...

Bigdogjim
03-26-2003, 11:18 AM
Hooters and Marauders----It's what for lunch :beer: :beer:
Big Dog

prchrman
03-26-2003, 12:00 PM
martyo: Besides, what the women folk don't know, won't hurt 'em!

Er you fer sure you be a New Yorkun...sure sounds like us southern boys...:up:

martyo
03-27-2003, 07:12 AM
Willie: Can you hook us up with some good weather again on April 5th? You did a great job for us in March!

Paul: I think you'll find a number of us NY'er's will be there. Do you need a head count?This is likely to be a bigger crowd with all of the different marquees being covered.

I chatted with Effster last night and he said he was in and that he would likely bring his GF. Is anyone bringing their wives, GFs, old ladies, mothers, etc.? Mine said she would come too but i don't want her to feel out of place and I don't want anyone to feel that her presence is going to cramp their style.

Also, we need to make RF Overboard come to this one so that we can make fun of him to his face! Also, his wife is a nice gal. She should come too!

prchrman
03-27-2003, 07:18 AM
Good going Martyo...getting the women folk involved will get you more MM time...my wife goes everywhere with me...cept coon hunting...wish the MM was 4 X 4...I believe a dog box would fit in the trunk...will talk to weather control for ya...

MAD-3R
03-27-2003, 07:31 AM
Just to damn far for me and mine...

Remember April 19th, Cecil County Dragway. Its damn close to Del, Jersy, VA, and Penn.

AsheXR
03-29-2003, 10:35 AM
LOl i almost went down today on the 29th...lol thank god i looked again at the date!

jgc61sr2002
03-29-2003, 03:57 PM
Will try to make it. :up: John

martyo
04-01-2003, 06:18 AM
Paul:

Thought I would "refresh" this thread and bring it up again. Is this thing still on? How many folks are going? What time are folks going to arrive?

beemer
04-01-2003, 10:48 AM
Hey all!

Glad to see the interest in this meet. It starts at noontime.
I'm really looking forward to putting faces to the names here.
You NY/NJ guys are a great bunch, I saw the pics from the meet on LI and wished I could have been there. I've done the ferry thing out of Bridgeport in the past, and I may show up on LI yet for a meet.

One of the guys at CV.net out of NH is an organiser of this one.
There will be Ranger pickups, Crown Vics, Grand Marquis' and last but not least our Marauders. Lunch at Hooters (burp) and some good conversation, mutual admiration and cameraderie for an afternoon. Possible group cruise as well depending on interest.
As best I know, this meet goes rain or shine, if anything changes as soon as I know I will post it in this thread.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Best,

martyo
04-01-2003, 11:01 AM
Paul: There was also some talk in the NY area that significant others may be attending. Is this ok?

beemer
04-01-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by martyo
Paul: There was also some talk in the NY area that significant others may be attending. Is this ok?

I know that my buddy in NH is having his wife drive a car down, as they have both a Grand Marquis and a Ranger pickup. I plan on bringing my girl if she is up to going, she has health problems and will go if she is feeling up to it. I wouldn't hesitate to bring my wife or girlfriend....we all know that Marauder owners are cultured and refined individuals..........well..... ..most of them!:cool: :)

Best,

Cooper
04-01-2003, 02:59 PM
Would have liked to attend this one Paul. :( I have to head southeast to the Cape this weekend to participate in some family related activities. Hope to meet up with everyone sometime in the not too distant future. -Coop

beemer
04-01-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Stealth Vic
Would have liked to attend this one Paul. :( I have to head southeast to the Cape this weekend to participate in some family related activities. Hope to meet up with everyone sometime in the not too distant future. -Coop

:( Wish you could make it, however I understand family responsibility. I'm definately looking forward to hookin' up with you soon. There will be other get togethers, better weather is coming......or so they say......snowing here now:(

Best,

Bigdogjim
04-03-2003, 10:59 AM
Any idea on how many MM are going?? I am a MAYBE as of now....Got some stuff in the way I am trying to work through.....Still need to take a ride....... Numbers??????
Thanks
Big Dog :help: :confused:

beemer
04-03-2003, 03:42 PM
OK everyone! I have been informed this meet is rain or shine. I will bring the Marauder unless it is raining buckets, if that's the case I will go in my '97PI See you all in Wethersfield!

Best,

Menace
04-03-2003, 03:49 PM
Sorry no rain for my equally pristine Marauder. I've spent to much time Zainoing it. Nice, sunny days only!

beemer
04-04-2003, 10:05 PM
Ok, midnite friday here. Weather in N.Central Mass is not cooperating for me at all. We have an ice/snow/freezing rain nuisance combo going that the weather folks say is to last well into Saturday. I'm staying home. I hate to miss this meet however common sense tells me to stay home and play another day. :(

As far as I know, the meet is still on, those from southern points such as NYC may fare much better than I would in going. If I hear any different I will post here immediately in the morning.

Best to all,

Menace
04-04-2003, 10:19 PM
Good call.

AsheXR
04-06-2003, 12:16 AM
Hey i was on my way to northampton, and i saw a white ranger with the plate 5-Liter was that anyone? It was following a GM in green with a woman driving...anyone know them?