PDA

View Full Version : Getting a wheel replaced

2003_MM_FYRE49
10-14-2005, 03:24 PM
I took the Black Widow to the dealership for an oil change and a rotate today. While I was talking to my buddy as he was working on the car he motioned me over to look at my rear wheel. The wheel was corroding underneath the clear coat. He called over the service manager who also looked at it and said to go ahead and order a new wheel. I could not believe what these things are going for retail. $680.00. I almost fell over when he told me that. Thank God for warranties, :bows: :beer: I would have had to wait a while to replace that thing.

grampaws
10-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Sean hyland motorsports had them for$369 canadian
http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/

jgc61sr2002
10-14-2005, 04:56 PM
I took the Black Widow to the dealership for an oil change and a rotate today. While I was talking to my buddy as he was working on the car he motioned me over to look at my rear wheel. The wheel was corroding underneath the clear coat. He called over the service manager who also looked at it and said to go ahead and order a new wheel. I could not believe what these things are going for retail. $680.00. I almost fell over when he told me that. Thank God for warranties, :bows: :beer: I would have had to wait a while to replace that thing.

That is an exceptional dealer. :D Most wouldn't look no less replace the rim.

Mike M
10-14-2005, 05:08 PM
I guess you just re-use your Marauder centercap.

2003_MM_FYRE49
10-14-2005, 09:16 PM
That is an exceptional dealer. :D Most wouldn't look no less replace the rim.
I agree John, My buddy Clyde has been working for that dealer for over 25 years and I only let him touch the car. I think he treats it better than his own cars.

2003_MM_FYRE49
10-18-2005, 10:05 PM
While the MM was at the dealer getting the fuel pump replaced the wheel came in. Parts opened the box and the wheel was trashed. They said it looked like the UPS truck drove over it. Another is on order.

Marauderjack
10-19-2005, 04:04 AM
Amazing....You can buy a complete set of 17" CV "Sport" wheels for less than ONE MARAUDER wheel....Go figure!! :mad2:

Marauderjack :(

metroplex
10-19-2005, 05:21 AM
OMFG hold onto that dealership for dear life... you won't find that service in other dealerships.

Mike Dorian Ford would have said I bought the wrong color wheels or the wrong vehicle.

metroplex
10-19-2005, 05:22 AM
Amazing....You can buy a complete set of 17" CV "Sport" wheels for less than ONE MARAUDER wheel....Go figure!! :mad2:

Marauderjack :(
You can practically buy 4 new steel wheels with 4 new tires mounted and balanced with $200 to spare for the price of 1 Marauder wheel.